Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS tech seed programme (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12886-dbs-tech-seed-programme.html)

Unregistered 21-06-2022 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 222904)
It is called TechTrek 6 (Virtual Hackathon), going to be held on this coming Friday.

ok im assuming you went for this "Pre-Hackathon briefing already too right?

you are joining SEED in jan 2023 right?

anyway you'll be grouped into groups of 5-6, with u will be a assessor and a senior dev. i believe the pre-briefing should have explained to u all the details alr so what other info do u wanna know? i can share more so ask specifics.

Unregistered 21-06-2022 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 222905)

anyway you'll be grouped into groups of 5-6, with u will be a assessor and a senior dev. i believe the pre-briefing should have explained to u all the details alr so what other info do u wanna know? i can share more so ask specifics.

Eh, I did not attend any pre briefing.. and so, I have no clues about this hackathon when I receive the email today

Unregistered 21-06-2022 05:38 PM

Is TechTrek 6 for August batch or Jan 2023 batch? It will will be held end july. I applied for 2022 batch actually

Unregistered 21-06-2022 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 222913)
Is TechTrek 6 for August batch or Jan 2023 batch? It will will be held end july. I applied for 2022 batch actually

Or possible to start before Jan 2023 if this is for Jan batch?

Unregistered 21-06-2022 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 222912)
Eh, I did not attend any pre briefing.. and so, I have no clues about this hackathon when I receive the email today

what really?

cannot be, every tech-trek has a pre-hackathon briefing. otherwise how would you know what time to report, which team link to join, etc?

unless you failed your first techtrek 1-5 and this is a "try again" techtrek...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 222913)

there's no august batch in SEED,

it's only July and Jan batch. those starting in august have special reasons like reservist during july so they push back start-date or those who hop from another job and need give 1 month notice that last until august, etc.

the 2022 batch will be this coming July 2022.

i dont think this Techtrek 6 is for july. sounds like its for next year jan because after techtrek 6 on friday, you still need to wait for offer and background check ( can take up to 3 weeks ), then u need wait for onboarding document, etc.

by that time the july batch will start already.

Unregistered 21-06-2022 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 222905)

Assessment is based on group or individual performance? Is it compulsory to complete the two year program?

Unregistered 21-06-2022 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 222917)
what really?

cannot be, every tech-trek has a pre-hackathon briefing. otherwise how would you know what time to report, which team link to join, etc?

unless you failed your first techtrek 1-5 and this is a "try again" techtrek...

there's no august batch in SEED,

it's only July and Jan batch. those starting in august have special reasons like reservist during july so they push back start-date or those who hop from another job and need give 1 month notice that last until august, etc.

the 2022 batch will be this coming July 2022.

i dont think this Techtrek 6 is for july. sounds like its for next year jan because after techtrek 6 on friday, you still need to wait for offer and background check ( can take up to 3 weeks ), then u need wait for onboarding document, etc.

by that time the july batch will start already.

The onboarding document, onboarding stuff is fast? How long did it take?

Unregistered 22-06-2022 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 222945)
Assessment is based on group or individual performance? Is it compulsory to complete the two year program?

both.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 222981)
The onboarding document, onboarding stuff is fast? How long did it take?

no its not fast. check the previous posts, people have waited weeks / months.

Unregistered 22-06-2022 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223013)
both.

no its not fast. check the previous posts, people have waited weeks / months.

Some dont even know where or what time to report for first day.

Unregistered 22-06-2022 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223034)
Some dont even know where or what time to report for first day.

I'm not sure about this. I know when and where to report at and what I'll be doing for the first month. Maybe check with HR or your supervisor.