Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS tech seed programme (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12886-dbs-tech-seed-programme.html)

Unregistered 23-10-2021 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187730)
it depends, if like >3-4 YOE then of course cannot, its a training program

but u can try. non STEM degree people can go in, im quite sure they're very relaxed on the requirements.

Training program that pays more than some full time jobs with 3 to 4 years experience…

Unregistered 24-10-2021 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187729)
nope

my friend go for the 30th sep thursday techtrek... his entire group all got in, even the few people who didn't contribute lol

And i had a friend who went for the same techtreck amd noone in his group got in. Whats your point? Lol

Your 'friend' neither proves not disproves that statement

Unregistered 24-10-2021 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187715)
What are my chances realistically, i am a mechanical engineer with some coding experience from uni. Graduated in 2020.

bro just try really

damn easy to get in one

my friend from SIMGE, cant code, noob fk also can get into SEED. this program is really just training program, anyone can get in. high acceptance rate also, u go see the linkedin group, always 500+ new seeders, i see the first page alr all SIMGE people without STEM degree lol really anyhow hire one

Unregistered 24-10-2021 01:05 AM

invi for the hackathon is by email? or phone call

Unregistered 24-10-2021 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187739)
bro just try really

damn easy to get in one

my friend from SIMGE, cant code, noob fk also can get into SEED. this program is really just training program, anyone can get in. high acceptance rate also, u go see the linkedin group, always 500+ new seeders, i see the first page alr all SIMGE people without STEM degree lol really anyhow hire one

Is it possible to just join on a perm role instead of through seed?

Unregistered 24-10-2021 11:16 AM

What counts as STEM?

Is BBA included

Unregistered 24-10-2021 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187740)
invi for the hackathon is by email? or phone call

Email. they'll send u a RSVP.

Inside the RSVP they send u a form to ask u whether u can make it or not. if u say u cannot, they'll just RSVP u the next techtrek.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187758)
Is it possible to just join on a perm role instead of through seed?

yeah of course provided u have relevant experience.

if u dont then SEED is a way to get in due to its mass hiring and low barrier to entry. but u may not get converted after 2 years because its mass hire...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187763)
What counts as STEM?

Is BBA included

STEM just means science, technology, engineering and math. so anything related to these fields.

actually they dont even care if u have or not. in the past, there's literature degree holders who got into SEED. u can check the FAQ, STEM degree is not a MUST.

Unregistered 24-10-2021 05:38 PM

[QUOTE=Unregistered;187767]Email. they'll send u a RSVP.

Inside the RSVP they send u a form to ask u whether u can make it or not. if u say u cannot, they'll just RSVP u the next techtrek.

if u dont then SEED is a way to get in due to its mass hiring and low barrier to entry. but u may not get converted after 2 years because its mass hire...

Hmm how much easier is getting in through seed compared to a perm role then?

Unregistered 24-10-2021 11:38 PM

[QUOTE=Unregistered;187804]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187767)
Email. they'll send u a RSVP.

Hmm how much easier is getting in through seed compared to a perm role then?

Obviously comparing apples and oranges.. one is a training program, the other a perm job requiring quite significant experience. They wont just hire anyone out of uni..

Unregistered 25-10-2021 05:53 PM

sigh think they already rejected me for the hackathon invitation, 1 week in but no email yet