Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS tech seed programme (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12886-dbs-tech-seed-programme.html)

Unregistered 12-04-2022 08:19 AM

Hope someone can share the pros and cons of this program. Ty

Unregistered 12-04-2022 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213585)
Hope someone can share the pros and cons of this program. Ty

Dbs is linkedin top 5 companies this year LOL. Anyway, the reviews on dbs improved quite a lot on glassdoor over the years. Probably aiming to be faang.

The career progression and benefits are quite competitive. 24 + 2 days leave + 30 days medical leave with VB. However, it is still a 9-6 job and the base salary is only 5k. There are salary increments based on your performance and 1% additional interest rate on your savings account which possibly can offset the low base salary. 1% compounded can be quite a lot.

I would say to check up on the nodeflair website. Dbs seed is a great start for both job hoppers and people working there long term. There are opportunities like JPM, GS, GrabFinance and ShopeePay in the future and most companies are moving into finance.

Unregistered 12-04-2022 10:11 AM

24 + 2 days leave isn't really competitive... don't forget that banks run throughout a year whereas tech companies have multiple company wide holidays ( especially US companies ) and most of the time, the last 2 weeks of December are blocked.

So while you get 14 days at US tech companies, that's 14 days leave + 2 weeks in mid December off + 4-5 company holidays throughout a year... not sure about other US companies but mine also has 120 days sick leave a year which a lot of people abuse.

if you want to know more about DBS SEED, find those ex-seeders or current-seeders on LinkedIn, connect with them and just ask them nicely, express your interest in the program, etc.

its a great program to learn and to really grind. i strongly advice it if you're young and hungry to learn. if you're already seasoned dev ( closing to 2yoe ) then don't do it... you can easily find mid-level dev roles in other tech companies for at least >6k base pay.

anyway last I recall when I joined I was told to openly express how I felt about the program to friends and people online who were curious... so here you go. hope it helps.

Unregistered 12-04-2022 11:49 AM

DBS Seed job descriptions

Can anyone elaborate more on the job roles and description in DBS seed? Will the projects be web dev only as seen by hackathon or there are other types?

Unregistered 12-04-2022 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213611)
Can anyone elaborate more on the job roles and description in DBS seed? Will the projects be web dev only as seen by hackathon or there are other types?

Most of it will be cloud related stuffs like DevOps, Jenkin builds, CI/CD pipeline etc.

No it's not web dev stuffs lol there's no web dev stuffs for SEEDers. The full-stack associate perm roles will have web-based tech work. SEEDers will get DevOps or some random java springboot project PoC that will mostly get shelved at the end of your contract.

Unregistered 12-04-2022 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213593)
Dbs is linkedin top 5 companies this year LOL. Anyway, the reviews on dbs improved quite a lot on glassdoor over the years. Probably aiming to be faang.

The career progression and benefits are quite competitive. 24 + 2 days leave + 30 days medical leave with VB. However, it is still a 9-6 job and the base salary is only 5k. There are salary increments based on your performance and 1% additional interest rate on your savings account which possibly can offset the low base salary. 1% compounded can be quite a lot.

I would say to check up on the nodeflair website. Dbs seed is a great start for both job hoppers and people working there long term. There are opportunities like JPM, GS, GrabFinance and ShopeePay in the future and most companies are moving into finance.

Thanks for the advice!

Unregistered 12-04-2022 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213596)
24 + 2 days leave isn't really competitive... don't forget that banks run throughout a year whereas tech companies have multiple company wide holidays ( especially US companies ) and most of the time, the last 2 weeks of December are blocked.

So while you get 14 days at US tech companies, that's 14 days leave + 2 weeks in mid December off + 4-5 company holidays throughout a year... not sure about other US companies but mine also has 120 days sick leave a year which a lot of people abuse.

if you want to know more about DBS SEED, find those ex-seeders or current-seeders on LinkedIn, connect with them and just ask them nicely, express your interest in the program, etc.

its a great program to learn and to really grind. i strongly advice it if you're young and hungry to learn. if you're already seasoned dev ( closing to 2yoe ) then don't do it... you can easily find mid-level dev roles in other tech companies for at least >6k base pay.

anyway last I recall when I joined I was told to openly express how I felt about the program to friends and people online who were curious... so here you go. hope it helps.

Thanks for the advice!

Unregistered 12-04-2022 12:53 PM

Quote:

Yea i agree with 2 yr experience u can find a mid lvl tech job with >6k pay. But if the nodeflair website is true, then after 2 yrs u get 6.5k as well.

You currently working at us tech? Have you received any bonus recently?

Unregistered 12-04-2022 04:08 PM

Quote:

seed is competitive for me who is too dumb to join faang. i think when u say us tech u mean faang lol. the smaller US tech mnc like DXC cant compete at all. If the salary increment is true, after 1 yr you will get 6k a mth in seed too.

dunno if the career progression, salary increment and benefits still stay the same aftr 2yrs but i hope someone live at dbs long enuf to tell the tale

Unregistered 12-04-2022 05:45 PM

Anyone received offer?