Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS tech seed programme (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12886-dbs-tech-seed-programme.html)

Unregistered 02-04-2022 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211705)
what wtf is this legit?

i have a techtrek in may... why did they even host another techtrek if the slots are already full lol da fuq? waste my time

130 people for previous Jan and this Jul batch. HR might leave a few spots for this Jul to find more CS or people that can code. I suggest you practice how the handbook a lot if you want to secure a spot in Jul. If HR interview you during TT, tell them you want to join Jan batch if you want to have a higher chance to get in.

Unregistered 02-04-2022 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211800)
Usually how many months package for annual comp?

12 months fixed package w no increment (but this depends on dept)

Unregistered 02-04-2022 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211848)
12 months fixed package w no increment (but this depends on dept)

Yup this is correct.

DBS SEED is actually 1 year, subject to renewal for second year ( based on headcount + performance ).

Also I hate to say it but it's based on rolling basis... means if you apply early and attended TT1, high chance you will get an offer compared to someone who performs better than you at a later TechTrek...

Yes I know... why doesn't DBS state this on their official website? Well if they did then most of you wouldn't even apply right?

Unregistered 04-04-2022 02:40 PM

Received an email with subject saying techtrek results but the content was neither a rejection or shortlisted. It goes something like thank you for joining the event and then it also says while we process the application and conduct HR due diligence checks. I'm confused. Does it mean im on waiting list?

Unregistered 04-04-2022 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 210871)
From this website: The offer is non-negotiable and starts at $5,000. *

It will be increased to $5,275, $5,900 and $6,400 at the 6, 12 and 24 months mark. We do not have verified data on this, but it is relatively consistent from what we have found out and might differ for individuals.

In addition, there will also be variable annual bonuses, which range between 2 to 4 months, depending on your department.

Considering only 50% make it to year 2 and 5-10% make it to year 3, not that great? assuming 13-16 months package

That is terrible. Even people from sunset industries like engineering are get getting $5k starting, shouldn't DBS offer more than that as base?

Unregistered 04-04-2022 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211846)
130 people for previous Jan and this Jul batch. HR might leave a few spots for this Jul to find more CS or people that can code. I suggest you practice how the handbook a lot if you want to secure a spot in Jul. If HR interview you during TT, tell them you want to join Jan batch if you want to have a higher chance to get in.

Thank you.

Honestly this system makes 0 sense to me.

If each TT has about 60+ people and the last TT is TT5, that means 240+ applicants have already tried for this, maybe more. If I assume at least 50% made it, then 10 slots left for this next TT?

I'm not even including the shortlisted people... if I include them then it's like 0 slots left already. I doubt people would reject this, I saw so many non-CS grads craving for this role so badly, it's like their path to tech.

I'm a NTU cs grad, got a few offers but I want to get into Fintech so I thought I can try this out. Sucks to hear that it's full. I'll just go for PayPal programme in July instead.

Unregistered 04-04-2022 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212206)
That is terrible. Even people from sunset industries like engineering are get getting $5k starting, shouldn't DBS offer more than that as base?

5k is for non-cs grads.

>5.5k for cs grads.

Unregistered 04-04-2022 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212208)
5k is for non-cs grads.

>5.5k for cs grads.

Shopee, FANGS $7k

DBS tech seed is for those who got rejected from real CS coys

Unregistered 04-04-2022 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212207)
Thank you.

Honestly this system makes 0 sense to me.

If each TT has about 60+ people and the last TT is TT5, that means 240+ applicants have already tried for this, maybe more. If I assume at least 50% made it, then 10 slots left for this next TT?

I'm not even including the shortlisted people... if I include them then it's like 0 slots left already. I doubt people would reject this, I saw so many non-CS grads craving for this role so badly, it's like their path to tech.

I'm a NTU cs grad, got a few offers but I want to get into Fintech so I thought I can try this out. Sucks to hear that it's full. I'll just go for PayPal programme in July instead.

You should try to join both. CS in demand everywhere, paypal is 6.5k min but if your performance is bad, they will just replace you quickly. Paypal is doing real bad recently from their finance report and dbs is just like any other banks doing really well because of inflation. DBS giving 5k base pay + VB which on average can end up to 6.5k a mth for this and probably next year. Some people that are real good in this SEED programme gets promoted in just 6 ~ 12 mth and that adds approximately 1k a mth which is comparable to FAANG.

In paypal, where they use high starting base pay to attract talents, it is just a matter of mths u get fired because you cant compete with them. Easy to get into DBS seed if you are NTU CS. Last tech trek prolly like 5 cs grads and trust me the rest who doesnt study cs have minimum knowledge only. From what I see, paypal wont give out bonus any time soon.

From NTU CSBZ, most of us work in banks/fintech/blockchain. 3000 ppl apply to this programme every year and ard 95% gets rejected and hence the amount of trollers in this thread trying to stir ****. From what I heard HR can offer salary ranging from 3k~6k. They can straight away offer non CS graduates 5k or below. From what I heard if u study CS, the pay might be higher but have to discuss internally from how you perform in TT. I have no idea if they look at your honours.

Unregistered 04-04-2022 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212210)
Shopee, FANGS $7k

DBS tech seed is for those who got rejected from real CS coys

10000% agreed

CS grads dont apply for seed pls go find other companies, u guys all deserve 7-10k monthly

im noob CS grad so seed is for me cause im trash.

ty