Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 08-10-2020 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147010)
Pay cut across the board until next year. No bonus.
If you have option outside better go. There is no prospect for 1 to 2 years to come

Not sure about upcoming March 2021 bonus, pay cut is legit. Leave max bring forward 5 days from full year to 50% of leave to 5 days. LOL

Unregistered 09-10-2020 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147013)
Not sure about upcoming March 2021 bonus, pay cut is legit. Leave max bring forward 5 days from full year to 50% of leave to 5 days. LOL

But everywhere else already have a capped on brought forward leave. I'm surprised ST didn't update their leave policy. No wonder the pay, leave and etc all so outdated.

Which also means ST Old timers all are spoiled la.
I've already changed job like 5 to 6 jobs. None of the company ever allow you to bring forward your entire leave until next year. (I mean 14 + 14 = 28) that's like your employee don't come to work for 1 whole month to clear leave.

Unregistered 09-10-2020 10:33 AM

normally old timer with 21days AL

is like 21(from2019) + 21(from2020) = 42

so in year 2020, they only use the 21days from 2019
and in year 2021, they only use the 21days from 2020....and so on...

so far never hear of people using all 42 at one go....unless the staff like to restart storing all the leave again, mean the following year he cannot use any leave and have to save up

Unregistered 09-10-2020 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147041)
normally old timer with 21days AL

is like 21(from2019) + 21(from2020) = 42

so in year 2020, they only use the 21days from 2019
and in year 2021, they only use the 21days from 2020....and so on...

so far never hear of people using all 42 at one go....unless the staff like to restart storing all the leave again, mean the following year he cannot use any leave and have to save up

Got lo. My VP level boss. He almost every alternate years he will on leave Nov to Dec. 2 months no work.

Unregistered 09-10-2020 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147013)

Is the pay cut real?
Some of my colleagues are arguing that the email says "Group Corporate". She say we are not considered group corporate cause we are outsource.

Another colleague of mine say "Group corporate" means the whole group Electronics, marine, etc... Instead of a specific company.

So now. We not sure....
Some of my other colleagues basically just say wait until Nov see the paycheck got cut or not lo.
Communication unclear.

Cut or no cut. Also make no difference. Not like we can protest.

thinkinghard 09-10-2020 07:42 PM

Speaking as past employee.

When i first join them, their HR try to lowball me by cutting my basic by 10%, this is after i lower my expected salary, anyway long story short, i still joined them after they withdraw the 10% cut.

i joined them as E6, being there for 3 years, i will say before the covid, they enjoy really good benefit, especially those old bird (at least 10+ years) every year definitely have 2 to 2 1/2 months bonus + national day bonus (600 to 1000, 1k is based on old bird saying they receive before) + lots of leave due to they stay there for so long (+1 day leave per year u stay after 5 years of services) + slacking life style + total 2-3 hours daily break (breakfast, lunch, teabreak) + pushing all sai kang or work they don like to newly joined staff, some even worst, delegate everything to newly joined staff, so their daily routine is come office talk cock sing song, bootlick bosses, take lots of break and go home.

Back to my E6 benefit, before they integrate bonus into basic.
1. Guarantee 2 months bonuses
2. National day bonus 600-800 per year (Based on what i had received)
3. Standard yearly increment of 3%
4. Stock option (Use 10% of your basic salary to buy company stock and company will topup 50% of what you contribute, e.g. $4000 per month, use $400 to purchase stock, company topup $200 for you)
5. Yearly 1 day department event + 1 day company wide dinner and dance
6. Good work life balance (Basically everyone switch off after 6pm, you can't find anyone after 6pm)
7. Unofficial slacking life as long you don offend any big bosses, and if your relationship with your direct boss is good, basically you can do whatever you want but provided you don get your boss into trouble.
8. Forgot about this, but lazy to rewrite the numbering, there is "AWS" integrate to our monthly salary, basic $4000 + 4k/12

Why i left after 3 years as E6.
1. The moment they announce they doing restructuring, integrate bonus into basic, removing stock option for newly hired staff and no prospect.
2. Being proactive might step on some of old bird toes, almost everyone to me have a age gap of 10-20 years.
3. As above, being push to do all their **** work
4. Take advantage of higher basic, so when change job i can request for higher basic, and i used previous year of 2 months bonus to get next company to take this into consideration, this become raised higher basic because some company don promise/guarantee 2 months bonus yearly
5. Too much uncertainties after the restructuring, a lot of old bird not happy, and some newly hired will sort of like getting pay cut. (no CPF contribution after 6k basic, but bonus have CPF contribution) this caused some unhappiness among some old bird and use newly hired to let off their steam.

Those old bird have enjoyed too much, now these happened to them, i bet they nv expect it, like what previous post have say, those leaves they bring forward the entire year, and basically they can go on leave for 2 months, even without bring over 1 year leave, i always see those old bird on leave for 1 months+, their leave are all above 21 days, if i remember correctly, 28 days leave is their cap. The old bird always boost or haolian, this wouldn't happen, that wouldn't happen, ST is iron rice bowl etc...now this situation gonna prove them wrong, they need to learn everyone need to work for it.

thinkinghard 09-10-2020 08:08 PM

forgot to add on this.

Basic salary will become basic $4k + AWS ($4k/12) + 1 month bonus ($4k/12), yearly bonus will reduce to 1 to 1 1/2 month (previous is 2 to 2 1/2 month) I will say, if **** work have not been pass to me, eventually become no value and pay restructuring did not happen, i might continue to stay there, because the lifestyle there is just too comfortable. The pay restructuring temptation is hard to resist too if you decide to change job :D e.g. $4000 + 4k/12 + 4k/12 + 12% to 15%, basically is like "free markup" because of 1 month bonus been integrate inside your basic.

For anyone that still interested to join ST, E6 ceiling salary should be around 6K after pay restructuring.

Unregistered 09-10-2020 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkinghard (Post 147068)
forgot to add on this.

Basic salary will become basic $4k + AWS ($4k/12) + 1 month bonus ($4k/12), yearly bonus will reduce to 1 to 1 1/2 month (previous is 2 to 2 1/2 month) I will say, if **** work have not been pass to me, eventually become no value and pay restructuring did not happen, i might continue to stay there, because the lifestyle there is just too comfortable. The pay restructuring temptation is hard to resist too if you decide to change job :D e.g. $4000 + 4k/12 + 4k/12 + 12% to 15%, basically is like "free markup" because of 1 month bonus been integrate inside your basic.

For anyone that still interested to join ST, E6 ceiling salary should be around 6K after pay restructuring.

How many years of experience and how much were you offered for E6 role?

thinkinghard 10-10-2020 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147074)
How many years of experience and how much were you offered for E6 role?

after restructuring is more than 5k, close to 9 years, this is one of the disadvantage for staying too long in 1 of my previous company

Unregistered 10-10-2020 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147051)
Is the pay cut real?
Some of my colleagues are arguing that the email says "Group Corporate". She say we are not considered group corporate cause we are outsource.

Another colleague of mine say "Group corporate" means the whole group Electronics, marine, etc... Instead of a specific company.

So now. We not sure....
Some of my other colleagues basically just say wait until Nov see the paycheck got cut or not lo.
Communication unclear.

Cut or no cut. Also make no difference. Not like we can protest.

Group corporate means Engineering people. Like basically ur hr, finance, procurement staff.
Pay cut only affects aero and corporate staff for now. Elect not affected.