Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 04-10-2020 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146729)
why can't a local company have competent management that creates a strong base of talent, which is the requisite for countries and companies to advance

end of 2018 is the end of the good times in ST as many benefits are taken away for new joiners.

stock options, national day bonus and aws taken away from new joiners with no progression and no more stability since the last retrenchment exercise, no wonder younglings are not willing to stay

Unregistered 05-10-2020 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146736)
end of 2018 is the end of the good times in ST as many benefits are taken away for new joiners.

stock options, national day bonus and aws taken away from new joiners with no progression and no more stability since the last retrenchment exercise, no wonder younglings are not willing to stay

Agreed with no progression. Alot of young engineers are condemned due to top heavy management structure. Lots of M4 and above are hogging on to their positions with little contribution to the company, mostly waiting for retirement. Some retired are even on contract based. Moreover, opportunities are often given to scholars, (Refer to their LinkedIn page), even harder for farmers to progress.

Unregistered 05-10-2020 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146775)
Agreed with no progression. Alot of young engineers are condemned due to top heavy management structure. Lots of M4 and above are hogging on to their positions with little contribution to the company, mostly waiting for retirement. Some retired are even on contract based. Moreover, opportunities are often given to scholars, (Refer to their LinkedIn page), even harder for farmers to progress.

Don't talk about top heavy management structure. Even in engineering teams, many of the old timers (15-20 years in ST) are M2s and they make up bulk of the team. So say a team of 10 engineers, 3 M2s, 3 M1s, 1 E6 and 3 E5s. I can only wonder how long it will take the E5s to go E6 and E6 to go M1 when the M2s and M1s are stuck there.

Unregistered 05-10-2020 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146736)
end of 2018 is the end of the good times in ST as many benefits are taken away for new joiners.

stock options, national day bonus and aws taken away from new joiners with no progression and no more stability since the last retrenchment exercise, no wonder younglings are not willing to stay

Don't forget to mention AWS and the almost non-existent pay increments.

Unregistered 05-10-2020 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146729)
why can't a local company have competent management that creates a strong base of talent, which is the requisite for countries and companies to advance

When old timers are enjoying all the benefits and not budging and the new or converted staff who knew about their benefits are almost none but they are doing the same or even more work, most people will definitely leave for greener pastures.

It's easy to see. Those who joined as perm staff with all the benefits will definitely stay (way) longer than new perm staff without all the benefits.

Unregistered 05-10-2020 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146794)
When old timers are enjoying all the benefits and not budging and the new or converted staff who knew about their benefits are almost none but they are doing the same or even more work, most people will definitely leave for greener pastures.

It's easy to see. Those who joined as perm staff with all the benefits will definitely stay (way) longer than new perm staff without all the benefits.

Grass always greener on the other side la.
My RO old timer perm staff M2. He say his increment every year is like 80 dollars that kind of figures. And he say he interview so many new candidate see their resume all asking pay 5k +++.

He feels his pay not even market rate. He say the pay is less cause got extra leave. stock etc. HR all calculate and factor this in... They don't give beneft + high pay.

He say new staff the pay high but less benefit. He ask me do I want extra 2 annual leave or extra 300 dollars?

Unregistered 05-10-2020 08:06 PM

Anyone know whats happening in ST Engineering as a whole? Is the retrenchment exercise over? I heard the situation in ST is not promising.

Unregistered 06-10-2020 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146815)
Anyone know whats happening in ST Engineering as a whole? Is the retrenchment exercise over? I heard the situation in ST is not promising.

now the whole world in disarray. why u think ST engineering is safe? not promising? join another company. same issue and problem.
now everyone hunkering down. trying to keep their job.

Unregistered 08-10-2020 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146893)
now the whole world in disarray. why u think ST engineering is safe? not promising? join another company. same issue and problem.
now everyone hunkering down. trying to keep their job.

Pay cut across the board until next year. No bonus.
If you have option outside better go. There is no prospect for 1 to 2 years to come

Unregistered 08-10-2020 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147010)
Pay cut across the board until next year. No bonus.
If you have option outside better go. There is no prospect for 1 to 2 years to come

how much is the pay cut?


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 12:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2