Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 10-10-2020 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkinghard (Post 147083)
after restructuring is more than 5k, close to 9 years, this is one of the disadvantage for staying too long in 1 of my previous company

jokes on you. one of the new hire in my department E5 bragged that his 4.8k offer is too low compared to his peers during lunch.

while we seniors sit there appalled by his remarks and high pay.
Subsequently we all arrow him **** work. He eventually resigned this covid period.

New ppl dunno how to keep their pay confidential. kihnda dumb

Unregistered 10-10-2020 09:54 AM

After working in so many different places, I must say ST employees are the most political (office politics) colleagues I have encountered. Every other company it's either its customer driven or profit driven or time driven or feature driven or idea driven.

ST is political driven all because of their "rice-bowl".

thinkinghard 10-10-2020 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147089)
jokes on you. one of the new hire in my department E5 bragged that his 4.8k offer is too low compared to his peers during lunch.

Subsequently we all arrow him **** work. He eventually resigned this covid period.

No choice, i stay in my previous company for too long, my salary is like 1K lower than my peer, because they roughly switch job around 2-3 years.

that is like a high end E5, anyway these kind of ppl just dumb, if wanna "brag" must say low salary not high, and definitely not the exact amount :p

Unregistered 10-10-2020 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147089)

my time new staff 1st class with ns in 2007, only 3200/mth(old scheme), even if convert to new scheme at the point of time, only 3733, the 4.8k new scheme(assume 1st class) in 2020 is overkill

thinkinghard 10-10-2020 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147112)
my time new staff 1st class with ns in 2007, only 3200/mth(old scheme), even if convert to new scheme at the point of time, only 3733, the 4.8k new scheme(assume 1st class) in 2020 is overkill

i think he say new hire but nv say fresh grad?

Unregistered 10-10-2020 06:38 PM

Heard that pay cut going on in ST. How much is the pay cut? Any idea?

Unregistered 11-10-2020 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147051)
Is the pay cut real?
Some of my colleagues are arguing that the email says "Group Corporate". She say we are not considered group corporate cause we are outsource.

Another colleague of mine say "Group corporate" means the whole group Electronics, marine, etc... Instead of a specific company.

So now. We not sure....
Some of my other colleagues basically just say wait until Nov see the paycheck got cut or not lo.
Communication unclear.

Cut or no cut. Also make no difference. Not like we can protest.

Hi there group corporate is not like electronics marine etc. My boss confirmed. Electronics are not affected by paycut YET. Heard it is the people working at AMK Omega 1. Think example like corporate group marketing those type.

Unregistered 11-10-2020 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147161)
Hi there group corporate is not like electronics marine etc. My boss confirmed. Electronics are not affected by paycut YET. Heard it is the people working at AMK Omega 1. Think example like corporate group marketing those type.

Group corporate here includes those that belong to STEMs. (You can check with your HR)
Which means there is still this minority in the Electronics group that is affected.

Unregistered 12-10-2020 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147161)

Like this, then group corporate is actually do what one?

Unregistered 12-10-2020 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147165)
Group corporate here includes those that belong to STEMs. (You can check with your HR)
Which means there is still this minority in the Electronics group that is affected.

Then can u say since I'm subcontract from jobline. And jobline never inform me of any pay cut. And I also didn't receive the group email. Can I safely assumed that my pay will remain as it is?