Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

thinkinghard 12-10-2020 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147187)
Like this, then group corporate is actually do what one?

i believe is all the internal cost centre e.g. hr, marketing, internal IT operation, finance, event organiser (or whatever it is call) etc

Unregistered 14-10-2020 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147188)
Then can u say since I'm subcontract from jobline. And jobline never inform me of any pay cut. And I also didn't receive the group email. Can I safely assumed that my pay will remain as it is?

only for perm

Unregistered 14-10-2020 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147308)
only for perm

How can like that. Perm staff pay cut but outsource no pay cut.
No wonder what people say is true that there is a dispararity between perm and outsource benefits.

Unregistered 14-10-2020 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147310)
How can like that. Perm staff pay cut but outsource no pay cut.
No wonder what people say is true that there is a dispararity between perm and outsource benefits.

Perm staff no matter what has better benefits than outsourced staff.

Unregistered 14-10-2020 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146812)
Grass always greener on the other side la.
My RO old timer perm staff M2. He say his increment every year is like 80 dollars that kind of figures. And he say he interview so many new candidate see their resume all asking pay 5k +++.

He feels his pay not even market rate. He say the pay is less cause got extra leave. stock etc. HR all calculate and factor this in... They don't give beneft + high pay.

He say new staff the pay high but less benefit. He ask me do I want extra 2 annual leave or extra 300 dollars?

No matter what the salary is still low balled. Even when they restructure the pay package according to "market rate", the rate only apply to new hires. For current staff, perm or outsourced, they just use the current pay and calculate using the new formula. No benchmark or anything.

Unregistered 14-10-2020 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147323)
Perm staff no matter what has better benefits than outsourced staff.

How? Only 2-3 days more leave more than contract staff?

Outsource usually have higher salaries cause contract.

in this covid period, can see perm staff being asked to leave also. I feel that perm and contract staff is almost same now due to poor management.

As someone said, ST is no longer iron ricebowl

Unregistered 14-10-2020 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147339)
How? Only 2-3 days more leave more than contract staff?

Outsource usually have higher salaries cause contract.

in this covid period, can see perm staff being asked to leave also. I feel that perm and contract staff is almost same now due to poor management.

As someone said, ST is no longer iron ricebowl

My RO perm staff M1 = 21 days annual leave. (5th year)
My outsource colleague E6 = 14 annual days. (recontract 3 times = 6 years)

Everytime, staff meeting we bring up this issue how come outsource recontract no extra annual leave... The answer management always give is that "we have checked with HR that outsource staff have been compensated with the lack of the extra leave. Aka if you are worth 200 dollars per day. Instead of getting 1 extra annual leave, u get extra 200."

but no matter how we compute or calculate... The figure doesn't match up.

thinkinghard 14-10-2020 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147345)
My RO perm staff M1 = 21 days annual leave. (5th year)
My outsource colleague E6 = 14 annual days. (recontract 3 times = 6 years)

Everytime, staff meeting we bring up this issue how come outsource recontract no extra annual leave... The answer management always give is that "we have checked with HR that outsource staff have been compensated with the lack of the extra leave. Aka if you are worth 200 dollars per day. Instead of getting 1 extra annual leave, u get extra 200."

but no matter how we compute or calculate... The figure doesn't match up.

u believe their ********? :D even the so called restructuring to match the market rate is nv matching. Imagine the whole company is mostly old bird with more than 6K basic, by integrate 1 month bonus into it, company is saving CPF contribution on the bonus, from my perspective it will only benefit those that are leaving (indirectly getting higher basic)

Unregistered 14-10-2020 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkinghard (Post 147348)
u believe their ********? :D even the so called restructuring to match the market rate is nv matching. Imagine the whole company is mostly old bird with more than 6K basic, by integrate 1 month bonus into it, company is saving CPF contribution on the bonus, from my perspective it will only benefit those that are leaving (indirectly getting higher basic)

I believe nothing is fair in this world. Although I'm not sure what is the benefit or having so called perm and then having outsources to do the work.

It's like Google having perm stafff but they outsource to Indian programmer to do the work? abit weird.

Unregistered 15-10-2020 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147354)
I believe nothing is fair in this world. Although I'm not sure what is the benefit or having so called perm and then having outsources to do the work.

It's like Google having perm stafff but they outsource to Indian programmer to do the work? abit weird.

Actually it's more like Facebook hiring outsource staff around the world..