Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 24-09-2020 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146179)
Yes I agree that ST is no longer iron rice bowl. They didn’t officially “retrench”. But they used terms like mutually separation package or ex gratia payment for the “retrenchment” package.

What happens to go did not take up package? Put under PIP or 2 months
Notice period then ask u go?

Unregistered 24-09-2020 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146179)
Yes I agree that ST is no longer iron rice bowl. They didn’t officially “retrench”. But they used terms like mutually separation package or ex gratia payment for the “retrenchment” package.

What is this ex Gratia package?

Unregistered 24-09-2020 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146180)
What happens to go did not take up package? Put under PIP or 2 months
Notice period then ask u go?

Tbh, if you dont take up the package, you dont have any prospect staying there either. And its worse if you are place under PIP.

If someone is ask to leave, no matter what they will have to go sooner or later. Its inevitable

Unregistered 25-09-2020 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146158)
from recruitment company, i see
is the chance of converting to perm high?

Chances are slim for now due to COVID19, even colleagues around me didn’t get converted to perm as of now after 1 year, wait till 2 yrs contract up then see got renewal or bye bye.

Before COVID19 hit, based on last time practice, after 1 year, manager will help to push and successful convert to perm. Initially signed 2 yrs contract direct ST, after 1 yr convert to perm.

Unregistered 25-09-2020 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146149)
Still hiring? LOL. Yes there is no AWS already since it’s been included into the the basic salary since the new hiring rules kick in from January 2019. No more SSOS share scheme and no more NDP special payout too.

Btw first round of retrenchment finish and those who accept the package to leave end of September.

Hi! Can update what package was offered? I am interested to join ST as well.

Unregistered 25-09-2020 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146183)
What is this ex Gratia package?

It’s means they are technically not retrenching you. But give you these sort of “retrench” package out of good will. And it’s not subjected to any cpf deduction. If you do a search online. Not subjected to cpf deduction. It means retrenchment!

Unregistered 25-09-2020 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146194)
Chances are slim for now due to COVID19, even colleagues around me didn’t get converted to perm as of now after 1 year, wait till 2 yrs contract up then see got renewal or bye bye.

Before COVID19 hit, based on last time practice, after 1 year, manager will help to push and successful convert to perm. Initially signed 2 yrs contract direct ST, after 1 yr convert to perm.

Conversion from recruitment company contract as I knew previously were hard to come by. Turnover rate was way higher than conversion rate.

For every one person converted after 3 years, more than 15 people would have left.

Unregistered 25-09-2020 11:18 PM

first round of retrenchment exercise ended? is there second round?

Unregistered 26-09-2020 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146253)
first round of retrenchment exercise ended? is there second round?

As someone else mention previously. If quota of resource cut off doesn’t not match their quota for the 1st round. And if not much revenue for new contract comes in. There would be 2nd round. And this time round package offered won’t be as good as the first round.

Unregistered 04-10-2020 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145850)
Younglings already leaving. Don't need retrenchment.
Willing to quit no prospect

why can't a local company have competent management that creates a strong base of talent, which is the requisite for countries and companies to advance