Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 13-11-2020 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149059)
I really have doubts with the way HR do things...
HR simply gave salary based on paper qualification than the new hire's ability and skillset without consulting the interviewers on how well should the new hire be paid.

There are many times where you have a really talented fresh grad from a private uni drawing much lower salary than a non-technical fresh grad holding the same position.
Ended up having many talent ones leaving shortly and thats why STE is always lacking of technical staff.

HR is just to help the company to get in people. If you want low salary and the boss prefer you, HR will get credits from the hired. Fresh grad do have starting salary of 5.5k. By getting this kind of salary, you know what kind of work is waiting for you. There also people who can get this kind of salary that are not able to perform at their work. They can survive because they have a easy going boss. most of the time these people are scholar and they do not fly high in their career and rest celling of their career. like reach a salary around 6k with $30 increment per year plus 1-2 month bonus in those high tech company.

Unregistered 13-11-2020 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149073)
HR is just to help the company to get in people. If you want low salary and the boss prefer you, HR will get credits from the hired. Fresh grad do have starting salary of 5.5k. By getting this kind of salary, you know what kind of work is waiting for you. There also people who can get this kind of salary that are not able to perform at their work. They can survive because they have a easy going boss. most of the time these people are scholar and they do not fly high in their career and rest celling of their career. like reach a salary around 6k with $30 increment per year plus 1-2 month bonus in those high tech company.

And... You are from ST?

Unregistered 13-11-2020 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149070)
I don't think linkedin messages is a good measure but the main idea is there.

if you're not actively applying for jobs, that's probably the only measure you can rely on.
getting linkedin messages can imply a few things.
1. the market is short of talents with your skillsets
2. your profile is very attractive to these prospective employers or recruiters
3. recruiters are desperate to close the positions
4. recruiters generally are more active and savvy on linkedin
5. mix of the above

regardless, always a good sign

Unregistered 14-11-2020 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149078)
And... You are from ST?

Does not sound like ST at all

Unregistered 14-11-2020 12:40 AM

Newly joined E5. How is the annual increment like here for average performance? Thanks.

thinkinghard 14-11-2020 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149119)
Newly joined E5. How is the annual increment like here for average performance? Thanks.

depend on your department, i was once in a department that always get 2 months bonus.

Unregistered 14-11-2020 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149119)
Newly joined E5. How is the annual increment like here for average performance? Thanks.

I think i broke the lowest increment record.. 0.7% increment

Unregistered 14-11-2020 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149124)
I think i broke the lowest increment record.. 0.7% increment

Pay freeze for the following year. 0% increment.

Unregistered 14-11-2020 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 148984)
recently got 5.5k fresh grad. from suss.


yah, only if your lao peh is president of ST lollll

Unregistered 14-11-2020 04:56 PM

man 2020 sucks


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 09:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2