Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 18-02-2021 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156394)
Engineer quit then no replacement.
So engineer take on more work.

Boss newly appointed as VP want to look good for his kpi so don't approve new hire.
Project cost quote 5 engineers work on it. But only left 1 engineer during the crunch time.

Profit from not hiring 5 engineers trickle into senior management bonus when their profit margin kpi is met. On top of their already hire base salary.

1 engineer doing 5 peoples work. Base salary also not competitive.
So one day he wake up and quit.

And the cycle of life repeats.


Sure or not one person do five person work. Why still be there then

Unregistered 18-02-2021 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156415)
Sure or not one person do five person work. Why still be there then

Charge customer is quote 5 man per day.
But only hire 2.
1 quit. Left only 1 to do everything.

Management reasoning is... Requiment phase have 5 engineers also they have nothing to do.
Testing phase they say don't need full resources. Delivery just 1 person.

So end up cut cost hire 2 as standby. When 1 quit no replacement. So end up 1 person literally do everything. From the start to the end. No support.

Then tell management critical phase the development phase...
Their excuse can't find candidate or no one coming for interview..

You hire people way before the critical phase. Please. Need learning curve. Time etc... Training.
Management style is all about saving money. That's all.

When can't deliver, problems, complain. Then it's the engineers fault.
Management need to face the customer first hand then they are accountable.

Otherwise they just sit in their throne office room and manage by updates and cut cost only.

Unregistered 18-02-2021 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156420)
Charge customer is quote 5 man per day.
But only hire 2.
1 quit. Left only 1 to do everything.

Management reasoning is... Requiment phase have 5 engineers also they have nothing to do.
Testing phase they say don't need full resources. Delivery just 1 person.

So end up cut cost hire 2 as standby. When 1 quit no replacement. So end up 1 person literally do everything. From the start to the end. No support.

Then tell management critical phase the development phase...
Their excuse can't find candidate or no one coming for interview..

You hire people way before the critical phase. Please. Need learning curve. Time etc... Training.
Management style is all about saving money. That's all.

When can't deliver, problems, complain. Then it's the engineers fault.
Management need to face the customer first hand then they are accountable.

Otherwise they just sit in their throne office room and manage by updates and cut cost only.

Tell management the most effective way of cutting cost is to cut their pay cause they cost the most in any department. Nahahaha

Unregistered 18-02-2021 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156421)
Tell management the most effective way of cutting cost is to cut their pay cause they cost the most in any department. Nahahaha

Have this M5/M6 program manager. Pre covid period take business class fly here and there for project meetings. reach meeting room, sit there like a king, eat buffet with customer, don't even have a paper and pen with him. Didn't say a word or make any contribution about the project during meeting. E5 & E6 engineers busy taking down notes and minutes. After come back Singapore, forward the minutes E5 E6 took down as travel report. End of M5/M6 holiday trip with business class flight.

Money well spent.

Unregistered 18-02-2021 11:18 AM

Is ST a good place for fresh grads engineering role? Iíve been offered a position at close to $4k salary.

Is it worth it to stay long there (progression and salary wise)?

I aim to draw $10k salary in 7 years time - feasible? Otherwise whats a feasible salary that I should be looking at?

Unregistered 18-02-2021 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156432)
Is ST a good place for fresh grads engineering role? Iíve been offered a position at close to $4k salary.

Is it worth it to stay long there (progression and salary wise)?

I aim to draw $10k salary in 7 years time - feasible? Otherwise whats a feasible salary that I should be looking at?

Year 1 - $4000
Year 2 - $4120 (3% increment)
Year 3 - $4532 (10% increment - Promotion)
Year 4 - $4668 (3% increment)
Year 5 - $5135 (10% increment - Promotion)
Year 6 - $5289 (3% increment)
Year 7 - $5818 (10% increment - Promotion)

3% yearly increment is very optimistic. Every 2 year promote 1 time with 10% increment is nearly impossible. You are not even close to $10k. Do your math and Time to wake up from your dream.

Unregistered 18-02-2021 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156432)
Is ST a good place for fresh grads engineering role? Iíve been offered a position at close to $4k salary.

Is it worth it to stay long there (progression and salary wise)?

I aim to draw $10k salary in 7 years time - feasible? Otherwise whats a feasible salary that I should be looking at?

You should go back to uni for another 4 years nus comp science then try to get FCH.
By projection, comp science fresh grad starting pay in 4 years should hit 10k.

Better yet. Should just keep studying in uni then only graduate when comp science hit the peak.
In the mean time can grab delivery.

Unregistered 18-02-2021 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156432)
Is ST a good place for fresh grads engineering role? Iíve been offered a position at close to $4k salary.

Is it worth it to stay long there (progression and salary wise)?

I aim to draw $10k salary in 7 years time - feasible? Otherwise whats a feasible salary that I should be looking at?

4k not bad sia.
The HR guidance for fresh grad like 2 to 3 years back is around 3.6k since now 13th month added into base... You lucky sia. Instead of 3.9k you got 4k.increment by 100 so that's 2.5% increment before even starting work. Not bad sia

My colleagues 3 years working in ST liao. He joined 3.5k now only he reached 4.2k.
You instantly 4k. The salary is very weird.

Unregistered 18-02-2021 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156433)
Year 1 - $4000
Year 2 - $4120 (3% increment)
Year 3 - $4532 (10% increment - Promotion)
Year 4 - $4668 (3% increment)
Year 5 - $5135 (10% increment - Promotion)
Year 6 - $5289 (3% increment)
Year 7 - $5818 (10% increment - Promotion)

3% yearly increment is very optimistic. Every 2 year promote 1 time with 10% increment is nearly impossible. You are not even close to $10k. Do your math and Time to wake up from your dream.

So the annual salary increment at ST I assume is at 3%?

Based on your illustrated calculation, I think job hop May give me a better chance to reach my target.

Unregistered 18-02-2021 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156442)
4k not bad sia.
The HR guidance for fresh grad like 2 to 3 years back is around 3.6k since now 13th month added into base... You lucky sia. Instead of 3.9k you got 4k.increment by 100 so that's 2.5% increment before even starting work. Not bad sia

My colleagues 3 years working in ST liao. He joined 3.5k now only he reached 4.2k.
You instantly 4k. The salary is very weird.

I heard other fresh grads holding a better cert getting as much as $5k as starting salary.


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 09:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2