Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 14-04-2020 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 132212)
Hi! just got offered 3.9k from a SB and HR says theres no room for nego. would this be considered a fair deal?

im a 28 yrs old, no NS, did my bachelors locally and my masters overseas (both irrelevant to the role though). but i also had 3 years of (relevant) private sector experience.

thanks!

Just take the offer.

Unregistered 14-04-2020 12:25 PM

Quote:

Hi! just got offered 3.9k from a SB and HR says theres no room for nego. would this be considered a fair deal?

im a 28 yrs old, no NS, did my bachelors locally and my masters overseas (both irrelevant to the role though). but i also had 3 years of (relevant) private sector experience.

thanks!

Just take the offer.

Unregistered 14-04-2020 03:20 PM

Quote:

thanks!

just take the offer.

Unregistered 14-04-2020 05:24 PM

Quote:

thanks!

take the offer. Job market is very bad now. Considered very lucky to get a job offer these days

Unregistered 14-04-2020 11:40 PM

23, Female, FCH fresh grad planning to join one of the divisions under MOE (not teacher). how much can i expect for starting pay? and will civil service take relevant past experience into consideration? i interned with them previously (unfortunately they don't give job offers at the end of the internship programme so i have to go through the normal selection process just like other applicants)

Unregistered 15-04-2020 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 132205)
"private degree" and "Ministry".

u can only choose 1 of them. they dont go hand in hand lol

SB might be a little more lenient with that. Don't forget that there's private within the gov that can do without local degree. Open your eyes!

Unregistered 15-04-2020 12:56 AM

Quote:

thanks!

NS get 200, fch get 300, 3 years relevant experience get 10%. Master irrelevant. A fresh grad would get around 3.5k.

You do the math. Snap it up asap of I were you!

Unregistered 15-04-2020 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 132275)
NS get 200, fch get 300, 3 years relevant experience get 10%. Master irrelevant. A fresh grad would get around 3.5k.

Echo on this, for that profiling it is reasonable deal.

Unregistered 15-04-2020 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 132275)

I joined a statboard with non-required Masters and got a few hundred extra

Unregistered 15-04-2020 03:20 PM

hi everyone! im the poster of #9213.

i accepted the offer almost immediately, because i've been jobless for about 7 months now and the market seems to just be getting worser. just wanted to know if the offer is reasonable, and based on all of your input, im relieved to hear it is, thanks! :)