Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 10-04-2020 04:12 AM

was it a conditional offer? which means they offer u and u accepted but u only get the job provided u pass the security clearance? Usually is offer rescinded due to that, or the position budget issues and they decided to close the position and one more,which i forget is wat

Unregistered 10-04-2020 01:35 PM

Yea it was conditional on perm sect and security approval.

Strangely, this has happened before in another ministry at a earlier stage, when they called me up to arrange 2nd interview and followed up to let me know they are still tying down the schedule, to a sudden rejection. Only this time it was after acceptance.

Always thought it was a administrative matter nut I guess I was wrong!

Unregistered 10-04-2020 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 132064)
Yea it was conditional on perm sect and security approval.

Strangely, this has happened before in another ministry at a earlier stage, when they called me up to arrange 2nd interview and followed up to let me know they are still tying down the schedule, to a sudden rejection. Only this time it was after acceptance.

Always thought it was a administrative matter nut I guess I was wrong!

Could it be a security clearance problem?

Unregistered 10-04-2020 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 132071)
Could it be a security clearance problem?

Perhaps. But HR say cannot disclose, and that would be very sad means I cannot join govt jobs?

Unregistered 10-04-2020 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 132075)
Perhaps. But HR say cannot disclose, and that would be very sad means I cannot join govt jobs?

Maybe you blacklisted. You in debt? Got borrow money from loan shark? Got record? Or any medical record like went to IMH? Etc?

Unregistered 10-04-2020 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131889)
Anyone experienced where the conditional offer is accepted but needs to be signed off by perm sect, and after 2 weeks HR says the application is unsuccessful? Am wondering if the headcount dropped due to covid or what.

The interview was very positive and the hr cant tell me why it was unsuccessful in the end...

nothing is confirmed until u sign the letter of offer. having said that, u can pick 1 of the reasons below...

they last minute find out that your:

- uni / degree sucks, or is irrelevant to the job scope

- your results, achievements and ECA/CCA were not as fantastic as u claimed

- u left out some shameful details of your past on the application form n they found out. eg bankruptcy, corruption, credit card debt, criminal offence / kana charge in court b4, job dismissal, loanshark runner, blablabla u kinda get the picture

- your family members kana 1 of the shameful details above, hence u got low security clearance

- job is a physical job, but u under-declared or nvr declare that u are PES E

- the M / SB decided to cut hiring budget due to covid-19 and throw your letter of offer into the bin

- they found a better candidate than u

- they sugarcoated their words n told u ur interview was very positive. when in actual fact, your interview was negative and a total disaster

Unregistered 10-04-2020 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131889)
Anyone experienced where the conditional offer is accepted but needs to be signed off by perm sect, and after 2 weeks HR says the application is unsuccessful? Am wondering if the headcount dropped due to covid or what.

The interview was very positive and the hr cant tell me why it was unsuccessful in the end...

nothing is confirmed until u sign the letter of offer. having said that, u can pick 1 of the reasons below...

they last minute find out that your:

- uni / degree sucks, or is irrelevant to the job scope

- your results, achievements and ECA/CCA were not as fantastic as u claimed

- u left out some shameful details of your past on the application form n they found out. eg bankruptcy, corruption, credit card debt, criminal offence / kana charge in court b4, job dismissal, blablabla u kinda get the picture

- your family members kana 1 of the shameful details above, hence u got low security clearance

- job is a physical job, but u under-declared or nvr declare that u are PES E

- the M / SB decided to cut hiring budget due to covid-19 and throw your letter of offer into the bin

- they found a better candidate than u

- they sugarcoated their words n told u ur interview was very positive. when in actual fact, your interview was negative and a total disaster

Unregistered 10-04-2020 07:37 PM

im the same poster from #9200, just to add-on, the only other legit reason i could think of them rejecting u is bcos ur 40 years old or older n ageism exists in the job market.

Ministries usually have stricter background checks compared to Statboards. if u can't clear the final stage of interviews with 2 different Ministries, i'm sad to say it's a very high chance there's something SERIOUSLY WRONG with your personal background or u are hiding it from us.

try applying for a Statboard. if Statboard also cannot clear, den just forget about govt jobs liao.

Unregistered 10-04-2020 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 132085)
im the same poster from #9200, just to add-on, the only other legit reason i could think of them rejecting u is bcos ur 40 years old or older n ageism exists in the job market.

Ministries usually have stricter background checks compared to Statboards. if u can't clear the final stage of interviews with 2 different Ministries, i'm sad to say it's a very high chance there's something SERIOUSLY WRONG with your personal background or u are hiding it from us.

try applying for a Statboard. if Statboard also cannot clear, den just forget about govt jobs liao.

oh, i forgot 1 more thing. did u break any bond with the govt?

Unregistered 11-04-2020 02:13 AM

Temp staff convertion

Hi all,

I’m a temp staff that is planning to get converted. I have a part time pte degree and three yrs of exp with ns. If my experience was when I don’t have a degree yet will hr still consider that I have no experience? The position is at a statboard