Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 28-06-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmaohaha (Post 26192)
if u applied for multiple posts in a single organisation within the same time frame, will the organisation hold multiple interviews for each of the post to assess ur suitability or hold juz a single one to see if u fit the organisation's working culture? i'm concerned that if i screw up the first one or they find that my profile doesnt fit the first post, they may not call me up for subsequent interviews??

depends.

was told that for a certain stat board, they only interview one at a time i.e. manager A interviews you. however, they don't find you suitable but HR still wishes to consider you, only then can manager B and so on interview you. said person applied for 3 positions, was interviewed for 1 position and was offered.

for my home team, i was interviewed for position A and 1 week later, i was called up (kinda phone interview) by a HOD for position B to ask if i would be keen. i was hired for the latter.

Unregistered 28-06-2012 10:35 PM

Malaysia.....Truly Asia.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 26203)
why malaysian can join statboard?? Then you no NS then.

if got NS will get about 4-4.1k

Unregistered 28-06-2012 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 26203)
why malaysian can join statboard?? Then you no NS then.

if got NS will get about 4-4.1k

Malaysian. but singapore PR . they allow PR

Unregistered1 29-06-2012 05:09 PM

hi would like to ask what is the typical progression for civil servants (ministry), 2nd upper, nus fresh grad with ns

got offered 36xx so i assume this is the mx13 grade?

if i am average performer what will be my increments? i only know after one year will promote to mx12 but whats the pay increase? also, what are the bonuses civil servants usually get? mid year once and year end once?

Unregistered 29-06-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered1 (Post 26233)
hi would like to ask what is the typical progression for civil servants (ministry), 2nd upper, nus fresh grad with ns

if i am average performer what will be my increments? i only know after one year will promote to mx12 but whats the pay increase? also, what are the bonuses civil servants usually get? mid year once and year end once?

answers can be found in the first 200 pages... please take the time to read them...

Unregistered 30-06-2012 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered1 (Post 26233)

dun worried, even as an 'average performer', I mean "C" performer....

when you get your mx12 after 1 year, your salary will be at least 38xx-39xx, if you perform very well may hit 4k

Unregistered 01-07-2012 05:08 PM

i understand dat some stat boards havent announced any salary adjustment plans yet...

(all the ministries did it in Q1)

how do u feel abt it? is it affectin ur morale? do u feel like the unwanted child in the family?

Unregistered 01-07-2012 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 26279)
i understand dat some stat boards havent announced any salary adjustment plans yet...

(all the ministries did it in Q1)

how do u feel abt it? is it affectin ur morale? do u feel like the unwanted child in the family?

which statboard haven announce the salary adjustment ??

LTA/PUB/NEA/DSTA ??????

Unregistered 01-07-2012 06:28 PM

if i teach in poly , am i in stat board ? which one ?

Unregistered 01-07-2012 08:46 PM

expected salary ?

hi. it appears i have cleared the interviews at repblic poly. HR has asked me to quote salary ? can someone suggest what is the norm for academic staff ?
i dont have industry experience. hold beng and meng from nus. just worked part time here and there for 2 years.

wern 01-07-2012 09:44 PM

RP is a stat board but don't expect glamourous civil-service level of salary because RP is famous for being the lowest paid poly in Singapore as they're the only ones willing to hire fresh grads while the other polys only hire ex-industry professionals. Apparantly fresh bachelor's holders get as low as 2.4k/mth.

lmaohaha 01-07-2012 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wern (Post 26287)
RP is a stat board but don't expect glamourous civil-service level of salary because RP is famous for being the lowest paid poly in Singapore as they're the only ones willing to hire fresh grads while the other polys only hire ex-industry professionals. Apparantly fresh bachelor's holders get as low as 2.4k/mth.

wad abt nyp and sim for a fresh grad wif ns 2nd upper (provided they accept fresh grad)?

Unregistered 02-07-2012 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 26285)
hi. it appears i have cleared the interviews at repblic poly. HR has asked me to quote salary ? can someone suggest what is the norm for academic staff ?
i dont have industry experience. hold beng and meng from nus. just worked part time here and there for 2 years.

without industry experience or at least a PhD you are not much use to a poly.
so probably 2k+? masters and bachelors are almost the same in this day and age.

Unregistered 05-07-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 26280)

LTA/PUB/NEA/DSTA ??????

Heard from a friend it was MPA until recently. Even so it was ambiguously worded.

Unregistered 05-07-2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 26328)
without industry experience or at least a PhD you are not much use to a poly.
so probably 2k+? masters and bachelors are almost the same in this day and age.

part time work oso not count?

Unregistered 05-07-2012 11:52 PM

Letter of Appointment

signing my first LOA soon. what should i take note before signing the LOA? and what kind of questions should i ask? thanks!

Unregistered 06-07-2012 10:21 AM

Does Pmo also use the mx scheme? I presumed they did but saw some online post somewhere that hinted otherwise. Confusing....

Unregistered 06-07-2012 10:41 AM

and unghin

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 26401)
Does Pmo also use the mx scheme? I presumed they did but saw some online post somewhere that hinted otherwise. Confusing....

pmo is a ministry. of cos they follow the mx scheme.

Malix 06-07-2012 03:24 PM

I am having an interview with Republic Poly for the role of Senior Academic staff.

I read somewhere online that RP pay for Academic is ard 5-7k. If they ask me for pay expectation I'm thinking of quoting 7.5k since the job I apply for is Senior Academic staff.

Anyone can advise is this reasonable?

Unregistered 06-07-2012 11:36 PM

All has taken except LTA, morale is super low.

Unregistered 06-07-2012 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 26280)

LTA/PUB/NEA/DSTA ??????

All had the salary adjustment except LTA. heard no backpay for them.super low morale according to my fren.they shld feel lik deserted child

Unregistered 06-07-2012 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 26419)
All had the salary adjustment except LTA. heard no backpay for them.super low morale according to my fren.they shld feel lik deserted child

Btw,pub,npark were among the first few to get the salary adjustment,even have backpay.even PA got in APR.LTA? nothing.its a waiting game

Unregistered 07-07-2012 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 26419)

how much is the adjustment on average? +10% ?

Unregistered 07-07-2012 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 26421)
how much is the adjustment on average? +10% ?

Heard was 10% for nparks,PA most staff.shiok sia

Unregistered 07-07-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malix (Post 26405)
I am having an interview with Republic Poly for the role of Senior Academic staff.

I read somewhere online that RP pay for Academic is ard 5-7k. If they ask me for pay expectation I'm thinking of quoting 7.5k since the job I apply for is Senior Academic staff.

depend on your experience and school you apply
how many industry year?
which school you apply?

Unregistered 07-07-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 26423)
Heard was 10% for nparks,PA most staff.shiok sia

how about NEA ?? Have they had adjustment 10% already? When ?

Unregistered 07-07-2012 11:34 PM

Hi all,

any kind soul can tell me what is the current salary, bonus and annual increment for fresh grad to MOH and SLA? 2nd upper.
Saw from here that got some revisions.
bonus should be all the same in all ministries and stat boards right?

Thanks in advance!

Unregistered 08-07-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 26436)
Hi all,

any kind soul can tell me what is the current salary, bonus and annual increment for fresh grad to MOH and SLA? 2nd upper.
Saw from here that got some revisions.
bonus should be all the same in all ministries and stat boards right?

Thanks in advance!

I dunno, but some forumer have stated that a female with 2nd upper (non-NS) is getting 3.2k starting as fresh grad in ministry(dunno which one), yes under MX scheme.

2nd Class Honours (Upper) Degree
NS*/non NS
$3,568/$3,200

* For local male candidates who have completed 2 years of Full-Time National Service.

If you are male serve 2 years NS, mean you should be getting $3568

If you are male serve 2.5 years NS, mean you should be getting $3660

Pay Structure

Unregistered 08-07-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malix (Post 26405)

that's too high. IIRC (my info is 2yrs ago) senior academic is only 5 - low 6+k. Most academic staff are around 4k+.

Of course if you hold some senior position in a MNC before or have a power house masters / PHD then is different story. Most mid-careers with ~10yrs exp will pay cut & go in at 5k+.

If you want that kind of salary, then my suggestion is go to a pte education institution instead.

datou 09-07-2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by local_boy (Post 25742)
hi everyone

grad from SIM-UOL
2nd lower, Buiness

26yo

1.5yr working exp in govt hosp, MAP
last drawn slightly above 3k

Any Civil Service (CS) non-uniform I should go for decent pay increment?
Am looking at MOE management executive. any other better ones out there?
Appointment Grade Salary Range*
Management Executive 13 (Cadet Grade) $2,400 - $4,350

This is tough, but any CS jobs that are more interesting? like film classifier at MDA for eg.

Thanks!

usually more exciting positions require more experience..if your past experience in the hospital is related, then they may just interview u.

May i know how much u were paid in the hospital's MAP when u just joined?

icy water 09-07-2012 08:53 PM

jobs at AVA, NParks could be interesting to list a few. Could still be office based work but at least you deal with food/environment right? :)

as mentioned by others earlier, if experience is irrelevant, HR will offer you fresh grad pay but should be able to match yr last drawn salary of 3k plus.

lostleo 10-07-2012 11:26 AM

i just got a job from ministry. under scheme of MX12.
but the pay they offer is 3200. I am in the related field and hv exp of 5yrs.
Think is hard to get pay raise anymore once i am in.

Unregistered 10-07-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lostleo (Post 26492)

i'm not trying to troll but $3200 is the entry pay for fresh grad. since u have 5 yrs of related exp, they should pay u more.

lostleo 10-07-2012 11:49 AM

i know right. after i signed the contract and i saw the range for MX12.
i think i am conned by it. and i know pay raise in govt sector is gonna be slow.

icy water 10-07-2012 01:00 PM

did you try negotiating?
what was your previous pay? got rule that says they cant offer you more than that.
anyway workload should be lighter so the pay raise also lower...

Unregistered 10-07-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Can provide more info so that we can help you:
-Which university NTU/NUS/SMU?, private degree?
-Class of honours?
-NS or non-NS?
-Last drawn pay?

seriously, 3.2k is for fresh grad (non-NS) at MX13 for year 2012. Few weeks back there is a female stating she is 2nd upper from local university, getting 3.2k in ministry fresh grad.

Job grade: MX12
Job title: Assistant Manager, Manager
Pay scale: S$2,805 – S$5,643 (Inclusive of 2012Feb wage adjustment)

Below is the starting pay for fresh grad @ MX13, 2012
* denote 2 years of NS.

1st Class Honours Degree
$3,752*/$3,384

2nd Class Honours (Upper) Degree
$3,568*/$3,200

Other Honours Degree
$3,438*/$3,070

Pass Degree (With Merit)
$3,288*/$2,920

Pass Degree
$3,088*/$2,720

Unregistered 10-07-2012 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lostleo (Post 26494)
i know right. after i signed the contract and i saw the range for MX12.
i think i am conned by it. and i know pay raise in govt sector is gonna be slow.

I used to work as a project engineer (aviation industry) for more than 3&1/2 year.
male with NS, NTU 2nd lower, last drawn ~3.4k, annual 55k...I got offer from a ministry, doing totally non-related stuff, but job scope stated need exp in project management. They offer me 3.7k @ 55k annum. This happened about 1 year back.

Unregistered 10-07-2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

i just started work at a ministry too. mx 13 but 3700 pay. 2nd upper ntu.

Unregistered 10-07-2012 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 26500)

how many years of experience? previous job and pay?

Unregistered 10-07-2012 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 26500)

you fresh grad with NS (2012 june/july batch)?
you under MX scheme right (not accountant/economist/legal scheme/DXO) ??

so do you know what is the pay for 2nd lower with NS for fresh grad in your ministry?