Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 14-02-2015 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62735)
Is your gf chio?

Hi...i am oso interested to find out the pay structure of GLCs compared to statsboard & ministries?

In terms of progression/bonus etc

Thanks

Unregistered 15-02-2015 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62594)
What is your age? Did they say mx11 or mx11a?

Since it's a secondment, why is there a need for them to talk about the MX scheme since you would be heading back to poly lecturing after the 4-year stint?

THanks everyone for the replies.

I am male 36. teaching since 2006 in poly. I have a masters in counselling and yes ECG means education and career guidance counsellor. They did not say mx11a (because we all dont know there is such a thing. THe long term we will be in MOE because we will no longer be in SP. It will be a central pool so after 4 years scheme of service in mx11 in MOE. So no one has that scale?

Unregistered 15-02-2015 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62631)
ECG is education and career guidance? Do you have counselling experience or qualifications?

I tried applying for this position couple of weeks ago, but didn't get a reply, wondering how to boost my chances next time.

Yup ECG is educatation and career guidance. The bad thing is they wont tell you why they dont select you. So i guess experience and qualifications is a great factor above all else.

Good Luck as I have been in your shoes before way back in 2005

Unregistered 15-02-2015 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62590)
MX11 is equal to lower end of PAX4.

You mean the ceiling is lower end of pax 4? Then im going to have to rework my finances in this case. Thanks!

Unregistered 15-02-2015 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62693)
It could be your poor grammar.

What this poster said is true. Many govt agencies look at your GP and english grades.

Unregistered 15-02-2015 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62752)
THanks everyone for the replies.

I am male 36. teaching since 2006 in poly. I have a masters in counselling and yes ECG means education and career guidance counsellor. They did not say mx11a (because we all dont know there is such a thing. THe long term we will be in MOE because we will no longer be in SP. It will be a central pool so after 4 years scheme of service in mx11 in MOE. So no one has that scale?

The max for mx11 is 7119.
The max for mx11a is 8555.

If you are currently drawing 6500, it's not a good sign to be in mx11 after 4 years.

Unregistered 15-02-2015 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62733)
My girlfriend wanna enquire GLCs in the healthcare sector such as jurong health services, singhealth, national healthcare group etc...
Thanks

Am working for one of the healthcare GLCs. Fresh grad with a second lower honors. Getting 3.1k.

A friendalso working for a healthcare GLC received 2.7k as a third class honors graduate.

Neither of us have any relevant experience (eg internship)

~cooler~ 15-02-2015 06:23 PM

Thx for insights:)

Hw about bonus/progression?

3.1k is for guys or ladies? Ur 2nd lower is from local uni?
Do guys get more in GLCs?

Kindly share more in terms of the payscheme if applicable
Thanks

Unregistered 16-02-2015 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62767)
Am working for one of the healthcare GLCs. Fresh grad with a second lower honors. Getting 3.1k.

A friendalso working for a healthcare GLC received 2.7k as a third class honors graduate.

Neither of us have any relevant experience (eg internship)

i've been told by a recruiter that i can only expect 2.9-3k for the Management Associate position at NHG. i thought that was strangely low? i graduated with 2nd uppers!

Unregistered 16-02-2015 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62795)
i've been told by a recruiter that i can only expect 2.9-3k for the Management Associate position at NHG. i thought that was strangely low? i graduated with 2nd uppers!

What? So low? Grad from local uni? Any experts in healthcare GLCs can lip lai share more?