Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

cooldream 10-09-2012 10:47 PM

They offered me.

Unregistered 10-09-2012 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 28002)
This thread is making my saliva drip. I work 3 yrs in private sector and quit few months back. Now apply many jobs through careers.gov.sg. Sad to say no reply so far.

Can't take it in private sector, lots of FT which depress my pay severely. I'm a local NTU grad, 2nd upper with NS. gets 3k in private after working for 3 yrs, 3 annual increment. AWS is fixed and PB around 1.5 mths.

My pay after 3 yrs can't even match starting pay of a pass degree in public sector. It hurts when I see how people complain about their pay as a civil servant.

Keep checking my application status, only 2 is 'in progress', the rest 'submitted'. Is it possible for HR to call even when status is 'submitted'? I'm at a loss now.

You should give the HR a follow up call or email. A lot of times, the status is not updated even after they have short listed or closed the position. Some companies also state that you should follow up with the HR for updates.

Unregistered 11-09-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooldream (Post 28117)
Hi all, I have 5 yrs of related private experience, non-NS and 1st class honours. Is it reasonable to start at MX12 level and pay 4.8k? Anyone can advise?

Its around there for civil service

But if you ask me 5 yrs pte is too early to join civil service. If you are an average performer, your career will end at MX10 (Dy Director) which max is about 10k. So taking out wage inflation aside, your pay is only going to double at most in the next 30 years.

Unregistered 11-09-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 28127)

But if you ask me 5 yrs pte is too early to join civil service. If you are an average performer, your career will end at MX10 (Dy Director) which max is about 10k. So taking out wage inflation aside, your pay is only going to double at most in the next 30 years.

5.7k gross monthly (exclude bonuses). 5 years in civil service with NS. 2nd upper. first job since grad (local u, non-scholar)

Unregistered 11-09-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 28127)

8 yrs with civil service, NS 1st class, now at 8.9k.

Unregistered 11-09-2012 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 28135)

Will your pay double in another 8 years?

Unregistered 11-09-2012 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 28134)
5.7k gross monthly (exclude bonuses). 5 years in civil service with NS. 2nd upper. first job since grad (local u, non-scholar)

Does your 5 years mean 3 services working experience plus 2 years NS service? It seems that people w NS exp are paid more and the 2 years of NS is included as number of years of service. Is that right?

Unregistered 11-09-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 28138)
Will your pay double in another 8 years?

Unlikely, at most 15-16k in 8 more years unless I reach MX8

Unregistered 11-09-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 28139)
Does your 5 years mean 3 services working experience plus 2 years NS service? It seems that people w NS exp are paid more and the 2 years of NS is included as number of years of service. Is that right?

5 years does not include 2 years NS. Yes, those with NS paid more compared to a female with similar qualification. So in actual fact, I have 7 years of service (if u include NS)

Unregistered 11-09-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 28135)

Hi, are you on MX scheme? Scholar or farmer?