Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 20-07-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 26811)
I like to find out if career progression within the civil sector is tied to the qualifications you hold even with more than 5 years work experience. Say if you have a degree (not NTU/NUS/SMU) and you enter at a certain payscale, will your pay/promotion be stagnant there unless you go on to get say a Master?

Also, what is the average bonus payout for civil servants including AWS, VB, PB etc? 3 months?

I only answer the 2nd question:
the average bonus payout for civil servants including AWS, VB, PB>>>I would say for average "C" performer, total annual payout inclusive AWS + mid-year + end-year + PB is around 15-16 months.

lostleo 20-07-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unregistered (Post 26809)
Most people who post here seem very focused on only the money part of the remuneration package............

You have family so the issue here is different from most of us who just graduated from Uni and stepping into the workforce or who wish to switch to get better pay and to youngster now, $$ seems to be more impt. Likewise I wld wish to get the most out of everything and $$ is definitely the key factor.

Seriously some ppl might not be able to accept a huge paycut. My frend who has no commitment and is wrking in an org which need to perform 3diff shift duties, PH and wkends is not guarantee rest day for him, totally hv no time for himself. He wanted a change and started looking for jobs. He draws a salary of 4K per month. Recently he went for a interview and was offer 3.3k and he is dilemma. Money or freetime?

Therefore you making a huge paycut in exchange for the time with ur family is admirable and I wld say is a brave decision. Some ppl might not see it as u noe.. $$$ is a temptation... I am glad you are happier & healthier now since you got to spend more time with your family. :D

Unregistered 21-07-2012 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 26784)
nonsense... please get your facts right even if its from a "friend"

i agree with lmaohaha. with more than 2000 vacancies, how hard it is to be a teacher?

Unregistered 21-07-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 26674)
what is difference between mso and mx?
i am in stat board. i think i have mso as i see that in my salary slip.
i hold engr degree from nus

mx scheme is for degree holders while mso is poly grad.

since u have a degree, why r u a mso?

lmaohaha 21-07-2012 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 26850)
i agree with lmaohaha. with more than 2000 vacancies, how hard it is to be a teacher?

i guess teaching is the best chance for one to be in civil sector. but then again, i hope such a system does not erode the moral values of the teaching sector...

Unregistered 22-07-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 26851)
mx scheme is for degree holders while mso is poly grad.

since u have a degree, why r u a mso?

stat board mso is different from civil service mso.

Unregistered 22-07-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 26862)
stat board mso is different from civil service mso.

what is stat board mso ?

Unregistered 22-07-2012 03:17 PM

Hi, I'm a teacher teaching language for 4+ years. (erm i'm not those kpkb ones ok.. haha)
Looking for a place in a ministry or stat board.
Holding NUS degree (Bachelor of Arts) with mere pass with merit.
Female, no NS.
What starting pay should I expect?

Unregistered 22-07-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 26864)
Hi, I'm a teacher teaching language for 4+ years. (erm i'm not those kpkb ones ok.. haha)
Female, no NS.

probably 2840

Unregistered 22-07-2012 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 26864)
Female, no NS.

fresh grad pass with merit, no NS, already getting $2920+/-

If assume your 4+ years is of RELEVANT exp to ministry, you would get 3.6k+/-50....around there...