Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 07-09-2018 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 110075)
dude u should at least be M, u seem way too old for AM

Yep, lots of people are telling me to aim for M as well. HR seems to be low-balling me severely. Am not in a government agency currently, so I'm not sure how it works in a SB like IMDA since they don't use the MX scheme anymore.

Unregistered 07-09-2018 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 110078)
Yep, lots of people are telling me to aim for M as well. HR seems to be low-balling me severely. Am not in a government agency currently, so I'm not sure how it works in a SB like IMDA since they don't use the MX scheme anymore.

How much are you getting now? Is your previous job experience applicable to the position in IMDA? Did the job ad put they are looking for AM/M or just AM? If it is just AM, there won't be much room to push you up to M. From the offer, I am guessing they already taken your exp into account and is giving you a rate slightly above entry.

Unregistered 07-09-2018 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 110084)
How much are you getting now? Is your previous job experience applicable to the position in IMDA? Did the job ad put they are looking for AM/M or just AM? If it is just AM, there won't be much room to push you up to M. From the offer, I am guessing they already taken your exp into account and is giving you a rate slightly above entry.

Drawing $3,800+ in my current organisation.
Current job experience not entirely relevant, but definitely am bringing some relevant hard and soft skills into the job at IMDA which I applied for.
Job ad was looking for AM/M.

So I'm not sure. Does anyone know if Grade 7 AM in IMDA is an AM considered to be with some experience? And whether if Grade 6 is an AM with no prior experience as AM?

Unregistered 08-09-2018 01:57 PM

Can I ask what is the typical salary of a 44 year old in civil service, honors degree holder?Median is $9000 I heard but I am only getting 6000.

Unregistered 08-09-2018 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 110101)
Can I ask what is the typical salary of a 44 year old in civil service, honors degree holder?Median is $9000 I heard but I am only getting 6000.

depends on your entry age & entry pay package.
each band has wide ranging salary value.
so there are cases of people at higher ceiling (higher grade) but drawing less than people with lower grade.

one of my deputy director @ 41 yr old already $10k+ level, non-scholar.

Unregistered 09-09-2018 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 110102)
depends on your entry age & entry pay package.
each band has wide ranging salary value.
so there are cases of people at higher ceiling (higher grade) but drawing less than people with lower grade.

one of my deputy director @ 41 yr old already $10k+ level, non-scholar.

MX scheme.non-psc scholar. 35 male. 2nd upper local u. Gross monthly $8865. Annual about $150k.

Unregistered 09-09-2018 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 110121)
MX scheme.non-psc scholar. 35 male. 2nd upper local u. Gross monthly $8865. Annual about $150k.

Is this the norm for a scholar?

Unregistered 10-09-2018 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 110089)
Drawing $3,800+ in my current organisation.
Current job experience not entirely relevant, but definitely am bringing some relevant hard and soft skills into the job at IMDA which I applied for.
Job ad was looking for AM/M.

So I'm not sure. Does anyone know if Grade 7 AM in IMDA is an AM considered to be with some experience? And whether if Grade 6 is an AM with no prior experience as AM?

As stated, you have approx 5 years exp, however exp not fully relevant. I feel that the offer is quite fair; they giving you a increment of about 12.8-15.7%. They r probably not giving the M post because they are still unsure if you can handle the job scope. I would think if you perform well for the next 1/2 years, they may put u up for promo. 4.4K is still quite far from the salary cap for entry level in most SBs.

Unregistered 10-09-2018 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 110121)

wow... non-psc scholar, so what kind of scholar are you? 150k at 35 yo is rather commendable!

Unregistered 10-09-2018 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 110123)
Is this the norm for a scholar?

I am interested to know what is the difference in progression between scholar and non-scholar in the ministry / stat board.
150k pa is roughly in the top 8-9% at age group 35-39