Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 26-06-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmaohaha (Post 26119)
weird...these jobs were posted a month ago. does it mean that they couldnt find anyone suitable even for those shortlisted?

some jobs have been posting on and off since a few months ago. perhaps they really couldn't find someone suitable for the job.

Unregistered 26-06-2012 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cslee (Post 26118)
nope. flexible = less stringent in academic results

so you mean it is easier to get into stat boards than ministries?

Unregistered 27-06-2012 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 26110)
it simply means you are not shortlisted for interview. by right, they should have changed your status to "unsuccessful" but somehow they didn't. anyway, do not look at the status. if you are shortlisted, they will call and email you accordingly.

Nowadays, the administors do not bother to change the status becos they want to have the prerogative to call you from reserved list in case their desired ones decided not to take up at final call. In such case, you might just be called up 2-3 months later. But in most cases like this, it mean it's rare chance you will be called.

Another thing is that you might notice the advertisement keeps appearing even you have put in your CV. Those advertisement are automatic on regular interval until it expires.

Unregistered 27-06-2012 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 26134)
Nowadays, the administors do not bother to change the status becos they want to have the prerogative to call you from reserved list in case their desired ones decided not to take up at final call. In such case, you might just be called up 2-3 months later. But in most cases like this, it mean it's rare chance you will be called.

Another thing is that you might notice the advertisement keeps appearing even you have put in your CV. Those advertisement are automatic on regular interval until it expires.

so far the longest period i've waited to be called up after my application was 3 weeks. shortest was 2 days! guess one can move on if still not getting response after 1 month.

i thought the advertisement will only reappear when the position is still up for grabs? for my case, after i went for the interview, the offer came within 2 weeks, then the advertisement was taken down even before it expires.

lmaohaha 27-06-2012 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 26138)
so far the longest period i've waited to be called up after my application was 3 weeks. shortest was 2 days! guess one can move on if still not getting response after 1 month.

i thought the advertisement will only reappear when the position is still up for grabs? for my case, after i went for the interview, the offer came within 2 weeks, then the advertisement was taken down even before it expires.

so its on a so-called first come first serve basis??? people whu apply close to deadline have a lower chance?

Unregistered 27-06-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmaohaha (Post 26149)
[/B]

so its on a so-called first come first serve basis??? people whu apply close to deadline have a lower chance?

well it will depend on how urgent the position is needed to be filled up. if it was urgent, they will shortlist candidates asap. if not, they might wait till the deadline then begin selecting candidates from the larger pool of candidates.

there was once i saw an opening which i am interested in but i did not apply on the spot thinking i shall wait till it's nearer to the closing date. by the time i want to apply, the position was closed before it expires. i guess they have found a suitable candidate already.

therefore, my advice is apply asap. do not wait till near closing date.

Unregistered 27-06-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 26133)
so you mean it is easier to get into stat boards than ministries?

there are 65 stat boards but only 15 ministries. so what do you think?

lmaohaha 27-06-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 26160)
there are 65 stat boards but only 15 ministries. so what do you think?

unless u toking abt teaching under moe. high chance u will get it if u say the right stuff during interview.

Unregistered 27-06-2012 06:54 PM

selected to stat board with 3 yrs work exp. ntu Beng $37-- salary.

Unregistered 27-06-2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmaohaha (Post 26169)
unless u toking abt teaching under moe. high chance u will get it if u say the right stuff during interview.

talking about teaching, the demand for teachers is damn high loh! (2500 vacancies according to career@gov) so i believe it should be very easy to become a teacher. no wonder i have so many friends who are teaching.