Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 28-06-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmaohaha (Post 26192)
if u applied for multiple posts in a single organisation within the same time frame, will the organisation hold multiple interviews for each of the post to assess ur suitability or hold juz a single one to see if u fit the organisation's working culture? i'm concerned that if i screw up the first one or they find that my profile doesnt fit the first post, they may not call me up for subsequent interviews??

depends.

was told that for a certain stat board, they only interview one at a time i.e. manager A interviews you. however, they don't find you suitable but HR still wishes to consider you, only then can manager B and so on interview you. said person applied for 3 positions, was interviewed for 1 position and was offered.

for my home team, i was interviewed for position A and 1 week later, i was called up (kinda phone interview) by a HOD for position B to ask if i would be keen. i was hired for the latter.

Unregistered 28-06-2012 10:35 PM

Malaysia.....Truly Asia.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 26203)
why malaysian can join statboard?? Then you no NS then.

if got NS will get about 4-4.1k

Unregistered 28-06-2012 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 26203)
why malaysian can join statboard?? Then you no NS then.

if got NS will get about 4-4.1k

Malaysian. but singapore PR . they allow PR

Unregistered1 29-06-2012 05:09 PM

hi would like to ask what is the typical progression for civil servants (ministry), 2nd upper, nus fresh grad with ns

got offered 36xx so i assume this is the mx13 grade?

if i am average performer what will be my increments? i only know after one year will promote to mx12 but whats the pay increase? also, what are the bonuses civil servants usually get? mid year once and year end once?

Unregistered 29-06-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered1 (Post 26233)
hi would like to ask what is the typical progression for civil servants (ministry), 2nd upper, nus fresh grad with ns

if i am average performer what will be my increments? i only know after one year will promote to mx12 but whats the pay increase? also, what are the bonuses civil servants usually get? mid year once and year end once?

answers can be found in the first 200 pages... please take the time to read them...

Unregistered 30-06-2012 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered1 (Post 26233)

dun worried, even as an 'average performer', I mean "C" performer....

when you get your mx12 after 1 year, your salary will be at least 38xx-39xx, if you perform very well may hit 4k

Unregistered 01-07-2012 05:08 PM

i understand dat some stat boards havent announced any salary adjustment plans yet...

(all the ministries did it in Q1)

how do u feel abt it? is it affectin ur morale? do u feel like the unwanted child in the family?

Unregistered 01-07-2012 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 26279)
i understand dat some stat boards havent announced any salary adjustment plans yet...

(all the ministries did it in Q1)

how do u feel abt it? is it affectin ur morale? do u feel like the unwanted child in the family?

which statboard haven announce the salary adjustment ??

LTA/PUB/NEA/DSTA ??????

Unregistered 01-07-2012 06:28 PM

if i teach in poly , am i in stat board ? which one ?

Unregistered 01-07-2012 08:46 PM

expected salary ?

hi. it appears i have cleared the interviews at repblic poly. HR has asked me to quote salary ? can someone suggest what is the norm for academic staff ?
i dont have industry experience. hold beng and meng from nus. just worked part time here and there for 2 years.