Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 23-06-2011 12:33 AM

Hey, wondering if anyone could offer me some advice? I just got a job offer of $3300 from one of the stat boards. I'm wondering if i shld accept it as i feel that the job prospects are lacking. Also i see from the forum that the experience gained from govt jobs are quite useless in the private sector...my concern is whether i can stay marketable and employable in the future, and not just limited to the public sector...

i'm a female with 1st class honours in chem engin...

Unregistered 23-06-2011 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 13473)
Hey, wondering if anyone could offer me some advice? I just got a job offer of $3300 from one of the stat boards. I'm wondering if i shld accept it as i feel that the job prospects are lacking. Also i see from the forum that the experience gained from govt jobs are quite useless in the private sector...my concern is whether i can stay marketable and employable in the future, and not just limited to the public sector...

depends on the stat board n ur job function.
can elaborate?

Unregistered 23-06-2011 08:56 AM

Quote:

also depends on wat u plan to do in life... if lets say u join SPRING, u can still be marketable in private sector in SMEs, but if you want to work in banks in the future then cfm no use one....

Unregistered 23-06-2011 10:48 AM

Quote:

Its one of the stat board under water ministry..

Unregistered 23-06-2011 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 13483)
Its one of the stat board under water ministry..

i assume yours is an engineer role. if u really work in a treatment plant etc ur exp might be useful to companies lik Hyflux or utilities companies.

however if u r doing stuff like policy planning then might not be relevant in private sector.

Unregistered 23-06-2011 09:19 PM

Teaching job or Finance?

Hi all,

please advise.

Graduated in 2010. NTU BAcc (pass with merit).

Should I join teaching? starting salary $2850, with yearly increment between $100-200 depending on grade.

Or should I join Iras? Starting salary between 2500-3000bucks and i duno about increment.

concerned about opportunities to develop myself and increment wise.

chenxj 28-06-2011 05:52 PM

heh can nus business graduates join the civil service?do the government accept degrees of any disciplines such as business?

Unregistered 28-06-2011 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chenxj (Post 13701)
heh can nus business graduates join the civil service?do the government accept degrees of any disciplines such as business?

of cos. there are all kinds of positions.

Cyber_kepoh 29-06-2011 10:51 AM

thinking of joining the Civil Service

Hi All,

I'm a 29 (2011) yr old Singaporean,
I.T Masters (NUS) (non-scholar)
with 5.5 years in Private sector (All GLCs)
Earing 4.2k now (pre-masters Pay).

Thinking of jumping into the govt.
Any idea how much I will get ?
And my chances of getting into the Administrative service ?

Unregistered 29-06-2011 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyber_kepoh (Post 13726)
And my chances of getting into the Administrative service ?

none, trust me. don't join just to try.