Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 25-12-2022 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 237685)
DSTA, LTA, DSO, GovTech, CSA, HTX, JTC and the list goes on.

The best way to get honest answers is to hit up recruiters on LinkedIn.

All these agencies offer high salary for those with engineering or tech degrees. If you have a useless FASS degree, $3.3k is the norm for non technical roles.

hobblewobble 25-12-2022 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 237690)
All these agencies offer high salary for those with engineering or tech degrees. If you have a useless FASS degree, $3.3k is the norm for non technical roles.

Hi! Original poster who got lowballed by a ministry with 3.3k here. After a few more weeks of interviews, I got offered 4k in another ministry for my very “useless FASS degree”!!! 😊

Unregistered 26-12-2022 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hobblewobble (Post 237692)
Hi! Original poster who got lowballed by a ministry with 3.3k here. After a few more weeks of interviews, I got offered 4k in another ministry for my very “useless FASS degree”!!! 😊

Good job farmer….continue farming

Unregistered 26-12-2022 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 237309)

For the latter scenario, I won't call it 'taking advantage' of the civil service, but rather u have been 'taken advantage' of in your current role. This assumes your years of experience are really relevant to job applied for of course.

Hey thank you so much for the detailed reply, it really helps a lot.

In private sector there is sometimes this unfortunate practice where employers peg a salary offer to your last drawn pay as reference. So once you’ve been low-balled by a current employer, it can be really hard to break out of this and get fair market compensation.

In my possibly naive view of the world, 2 people should receive the same pay if they are performing the same overall role.

Public sector seems so much more fairer if they peg your offer to an internal framework rather than your last drawn.

Unregistered 26-12-2022 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 237713)
Public sector seems so much more fairer if they peg your offer to an internal framework rather than your last drawn.

This will be very true for fresh grads. But mid-career switchers from private sector will kpkb here asking why they kena lowball by public sector.

hobblewobble 26-12-2022 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 237710)
Good job farmer….continue farming

Will do, thanks!! 😌

Unregistered 26-12-2022 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 237716)
This will be very true for fresh grads. But mid-career switchers from private sector will kpkb here asking why they kena lowball by public sector.

Depends where these private sectors are from. I daresay civil service will pay equal or better than most SMEs, but will likely lag MNCs.

Unregistered 26-12-2022 11:40 PM

Mohh

Is MOHH considered under public sector or private sector?

Unregistered 28-12-2022 05:52 PM

Anyone can share the cash bonus for long service award? 5, 10, 20 etc. years?

sgregxit 30-12-2022 06:03 PM

Life of a farmer is tough, hang in folks!

Currently MX12, NS, Arts 1st class. I've been in an agency for 2 yrs, doing policy work, and will be rotating to another dept soon. I know it's likely a long road to MX11, but am thankful to have good bosses recognizing my work so far. Got a B in first eval yr, and likely to maintain the grade in second eval yr based on my latest discussion w RO (but will only know in Mar 23 ofc)

But I'm questioning my long term market value given my arts degree background. Should I jump to another agency like MTI / EDB now and gain more "marketable" skills or remain in my current agency? The road to MX11 seems tough, and I'll likely only reach there in another 3-5 yrs. By then I'll already be early 30s.