Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 02-08-2022 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 227160)
H*B used to have invisible ceiling too. To get above the invisible ceiling, you need to get a 'good' grading for x years. They scrapped it for 11A/11B, 10A/10B, 'encouraging' career progression.

There are 2 sides to the sword - it both encourages hard work but also back-stabbing. Making promotion more challenging also trims the wage bill of the organisation.

Not a bad thing at all in my opinion for younger executives and organization as a whole. Theoretically, for younger executives, it will be easier to achieve 10A (if split) than 10 (if never split). With the split, someone can be ‘not quite good enough for 10B but good enough for 10A’. Without the split, that same someone will never be quite good enough for 10.

Unregistered 02-08-2022 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 227168)
Not a bad thing at all in my opinion for younger executives and organization as a whole. Theoretically, for younger executives, it will be easier to achieve 10A (if split) than 10 (if never split). With the split, someone can be ‘not quite good enough for 10B but good enough for 10A’. Without the split, that same someone will never be quite good enough for 10.

Yes haha. Or call it 11C if you will.

Unregistered 02-08-2022 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 227168)

Every decision has + and -.

I am in 10A, and I take care of 7 people and 3 projects. My boss asked me to take up Deputy Director role. I did not want to as there is a awful lots of politics, ******** and blame game. Not my cup of tea. I am more focused on results. So, I am stuck in 10A. Haha....

Unregistered 02-08-2022 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 227172)
Every decision has + and -.

I am in 10A, and I take care of 7 people and 3 projects. My boss asked me to take up Deputy Director role. I did not want to as there is a awful lots of politics, ******** and blame game. Not my cup of tea. I am more focused on results. So, I am stuck in 10A. Haha....

i'm at MX11A, 40 years old. I'm pretty happy farming at my grade too.

Unregistered 02-08-2022 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 227176)
i'm at MX11A, 40 years old. I'm pretty happy farming at my grade too.

I guess you’re even happier now that the ceiling had been raised by a whopping 13%

Unregistered 03-08-2022 12:28 AM

Seems like most stat boards got their increment. LTA staff got played out.

Unregistered 03-08-2022 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226975)
wonder if we will see a mini exodus of MX11 folks leaving in the next 2-3 months lol

some will consider but economy not exactly good. but for those who have the capability or tulan at getting slighted, probably quite a few. i just joined last yr. doing more than most of avg mx11 folks (in my dept) so i feel quite tulan 5% like giving beggars.

for me my horizon will probably be to leave within 2-3 yrs, see whether they got promote me or whether i get opportunities elsewhere.

honestly feels damn pissed 5% while 11a is 8% and i do more than some of them, really feels being picked on while others get more. feels under appreciated. they should shove the 5% whr the sun dont shine

Unregistered 03-08-2022 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 227257)
some will consider but economy not exactly good. but for those who have the capability or tulan at getting slighted, probably quite a few. i just joined last yr. doing more than most of avg mx11 folks (in my dept) so i feel quite tulan 5% like giving beggars.

for me my horizon will probably be to leave within 2-3 yrs, see whether they got promote me or whether i get opportunities elsewhere.

honestly feels damn pissed 5% while 11a is 8% and i do more than some of them, really feels being picked on while others get more. feels under appreciated. they should shove the 5% whr the sun dont shine

Same sentiments. And MI had been reduced since 2 years ago. 11 are lagging far behind.

Unregistered 03-08-2022 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 227250)

yeah sadly..

Unregistered 03-08-2022 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 227250)

LTA is already top of the ladder la. There was a lead engineer posting here he earns 180k package. Notbhigh enough??