Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 17-02-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 20837)
Just to add:

Yr 2003 - Pay about $2950+ with 2nd Upper
Yr 2005 - $3450 when transferred to another orgn.
Yr 2007 - $4000 when joined Stat Board at 1 grade higher
Yr 2008 - $4450 after mkt adjustment and MI, less than 1 yr of joining
Yr 2011 - $5400 with mostly 'B' grades in past years and 1 promotion
Yr 2012 - About $6150+ with lower MI and added in mkt adjustment

Offered $5550 by Ministry for same level and job scope, but with better prospect in longer term. Limited future growth at current position with Stat Board. So, is it normal to get lesser pay when one jump ship from stat board to ministry ?? Anyone with this experience?

u have quite gd prospect there..since you just got promoted in 2011, you can still stay on and work your way up to higher positions. Usually if jump from stat to ministry shd be more pay, ministry to stat will hv higher chance of lesser pay..

Anonymous 17-02-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 20821)
Checking with those in the know. And how does this programme work?

you don't look for them. they look for you.

Unregistered 17-02-2012 09:12 PM

those in gov sector yet still wan pay rise v fast or huge pay jump can forget it. i used to b fm tax gov and i left for i think 2 yrs. went for their interview last yr and HR said though i have the tax experience in private sector(US mnc) i will need to be prepared to take a huge pay cut. i hv a friend who told me that her fren work there and worked for 10yrs, local grad last drawn was only 3.8k...
i do know of ppl in their early 30s, in finance line, private sector hitting 10k at manager level. tats y those who wan to advance further in terms of pay in gov sector will b v hard and hence many young ppl want to work in private sectors as pay advancement is like no gov one.

Bean 17-02-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 20845)
those in gov sector yet still wan pay rise v fast or huge pay jump can forget it. i used to b fm tax gov and i left for i think 2 yrs. went for their interview last yr and HR said though i have the tax experience in private sector(US mnc) i will need to be prepared to take a huge pay cut. i hv a friend who told me that her fren work there and worked for 10yrs, local grad last drawn was only 3.8k...
i do know of ppl in their early 30s, in finance line, private sector hitting 10k at manager level. tats y those who wan to advance further in terms of pay in gov sector will b v hard and hence many young ppl want to work in private sectors as pay advancement is like no gov one.

maybe for the financial sector , joining the private sector is better...

as for the engineering graduate, it is better to join the ministry/statboard...for better salary.....I am a very good example:D

Unregistered 17-02-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 20835)
Haha. Don't be rash! Giving up a cushy civil service job for shift work as park ranger? It's not worth it.

Subiram

Heard manager at these parks earn damn little. Plus no shift allowance at this level. Not worth it.

Anyone got rws pay info to share?

Fivecentsworth

Unregistered 17-02-2012 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bean (Post 20846)
maybe for the financial sector , joining the private sector is better...

as for the engineering graduate, it is better to join the ministry/statboard...for better salary.....I am a very good example:D

also will rch a salary ceiling for gov engineering job right?

Bean 17-02-2012 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 20848)
also will rch a salary ceiling for gov engineering job right?

i dun want to be like my boss after 18years with degree + "A" grader with GLC only getting 6.5k....:(

Unregistered 18-02-2012 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bean (Post 20852)
i dun want to be like my boss after 18years with degree + "A" grader with GLC only getting 6.5k....:(

Most likely your boss is at his ceiling cap already.

Unregistered 18-02-2012 11:36 AM

2009-3.6k (second upper fresh grad)
2010-4.2k
2011-4.8k
2012-5k in next increment?

amts exclude bonus.

does not matter. i am leaving this year to persue my overseas masters and after that join the financial sector.

After applying for jobs in the financial sector, i then noticed how my resume was so irrelevant and useless to them. the truth is that if u cannot job hop, u limit ur chances of getting a pay increase or promotion. By slaving to one company alone, u r just limiting ur options.

My peers in banking are earning more than me and they are getting head hunted. Who wants to head hunt a civil servant???

Unregistered 18-02-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 20891)
2009-3.6k (second upper fresh grad)
2010-4.2k
2011-4.8k
2012-5k in next increment?

amts exclude bonus.

does not matter. i am leaving this year to persue my overseas masters and after that join the financial sector.

After applying for jobs in the financial sector, i then noticed how my resume was so irrelevant and useless to them. the truth is that if u cannot job hop, u limit ur chances of getting a pay increase or promotion. By slaving to one company alone, u r just limiting ur options.

My peers in banking are earning more than me and they are getting head hunted. Who wants to head hunt a civil servant???

Have you researched on the state of the financial sector around the world?