Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 25-07-2022 02:33 PM

Moving from Ministry to Stat Board / Private Sector

Hi everyone!

Been working very long hours (consistently 12+ hrs on weekdays & working on weekends) in a ministry since I started out as a fresh grad ~3 years ago juggling 2-3 pax worth of portfolios. Currently in a HR generalist role, but facing burnout so am starting to look to stat boards / private sector.

Anyone able to share their experiences moving from ministry to stat board / private sector? For stat boards, any ones to generally recommend / avoid (in terms of working culture, work life balance, career progression etc)?

Also, did you wind up getting a pay cut, match or increment after the move? If it helps, my current drawn pay is $4600. Thanks in advance!

Unregistered 25-07-2022 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226321)
Hi everyone!

Been working very long hours (consistently 12+ hrs on weekdays & working on weekends) in a ministry since I started out as a fresh grad ~3 years ago juggling 2-3 pax worth of portfolios. Currently in a HR generalist role, but facing burnout so am starting to look to stat boards / private sector.

Anyone able to share their experiences moving from ministry to stat board / private sector? For stat boards, any ones to generally recommend / avoid (in terms of working culture, work life balance, career progression etc)?

Also, did you wind up getting a pay cut, match or increment after the move? If it helps, my current drawn pay is $4600. Thanks in advance!

Considering that you graduated 3 years ago, your current pay is not too bad. Good job for putting in so much time and effort! But like you said, the hours are indeed a little unfriendly. Now seems to be the right time to jump out. Plus your role seems quite versatile and required across all organisations, so you don't have to worry about not being able to find an opening.

I don't think you'll get a paycut if you're still applying for relevant roles since you already have a few years of experience. Increments may be down to luck or your negotiation skills though. I think you can try reading through all the specific threads here (esp for public service) for more information! Take things slow and good luck :)

Unregistered 26-07-2022 08:16 AM

Announcement will be sent today at two

Unregistered 26-07-2022 09:39 AM

is MAS employees subjected to the salary revision w.e.f. 1 Aug 2022 as well?

Unregistered 26-07-2022 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226361)

how you know?

Unregistered 26-07-2022 01:52 PM

Announcement

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226367)
how you know?

10 more minutes

Unregistered 26-07-2022 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226361)

What announcement?

Unregistered 26-07-2022 10:00 PM

not bad, 5% is still money lah

Unregistered 26-07-2022 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226417)
not bad, 5% is still money lah

Some get 10%

Unregistered 26-07-2022 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226419)
Some get 10%

who get the 10%?