Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 17-04-2023 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 246440)
Told to start one week after accepting. Naturally people always tell you to see the job first before deciding if it's worth it instead of making up your mind before starting. Went to work, the pay vs amount of work is not worth.

I am honestly ok with 4k, just not 4k for the amount of responsibility required for the role. Maybe that's why job titles are inflated so you tank more **** shrugs.

serve your notice and not waste any more time.

Unregistered 17-04-2023 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 246443)
which ministry / statboard? just join already know so shag?

Lack of people. Someone just threw letter today and I got told I'm the one covering. G fking g.

Unregistered 17-04-2023 06:51 PM

Arranage washing machine delivery in the noon and colleague misheard and told boss I am looking for new job.
Tired. Really tired.

Unregistered 17-04-2023 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 246468)
serve your notice and not waste any more time.

Looking for jobs, will only throw after securing one.

Unregistered 17-04-2023 07:37 PM

has anyone successfully renegotiated your package after receiving an offer from another company? what was the experience like / did hr even entertain this?

Unregistered 18-04-2023 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 246478)
has anyone successfully renegotiated your package after receiving an offer from another company? what was the experience like / did hr even entertain this?

I highly doubt HR will entertain. Formula for salary is more or less fixed for civil service.

Unregistered 18-04-2023 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 246503)
I highly doubt HR will entertain. Formula for salary is more or less fixed for civil service.

Yes. And normally your package bounce around many people for approvals so to put it simply, HR just can't be bothered to put up all the necessary docs etc and go through the entire process again.

Unregistered 18-04-2023 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 246415)
Bruh I was offered 4k. Currently regret accepting when I see how my friends and classmates are doing :')

Ohhh nooo why :( What is the workload like? What made you think you classmates are doing better? What jobs are they in?

Unregistered 18-04-2023 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 246440)
Told to start one week after accepting. Naturally people always tell you to see the job first before deciding if it's worth it instead of making up your mind before starting. Went to work, the pay vs amount of work is not worth.

I am honestly ok with 4k, just not 4k for the amount of responsibility required for the role. Maybe that's why job titles are inflated so you tank more **** shrugs.

Oof one week?? It can’t be negotiated is it? Mine told me to start as soon as possible but I was hoping if I can drag it until July or August. Hope they don’t tell me to start a week later I sign the contract

Unregistered 18-04-2023 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 246542)
Ohhh nooo why :( What is the workload like? What made you think you classmates are doing better? What jobs are they in?

Junior pay, senior workload. And bsically there\'s no promotion until you\'ve served a certain amount of years. Classmates make way more than 4k.