Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 13-08-2020 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143806)
30 year old. 3 years relevant working experience.

Served NS.

Overseas Uni.

Last drawn was $4450. Just been offered $4600. i.e. 3% increase in base pay.

HR / Org Development work.

Is this base salary a good offer?

For advise, please. Thank you.

Just take it. HR functions within the public service is pretty zuo bo.

It’s a good place to play around for 2 - 3 years jump straight to Mercer or Govt Relations jobs with MNCs.

Unregistered 14-08-2020 08:05 AM

There are many talks on salary of AD an DD.

Just wondering anyone knows the salary range of Director and Group Director and average local uni degree grad will take how long to reach it.

Unregistered 14-08-2020 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143850)
There are many talks on salary of AD an DD.

Just wondering anyone knows the salary range of Director and Group Director and average local uni degree grad will take how long to reach it.

most will never reach D and above.
a small percentage will reach DD (mx9).

ps : i am not referring to DD is some SB like PA or CPF

Unregistered 15-08-2020 03:14 AM

Hi would really appreciate some opinions on my dilemma!

Fresh grad from local uni, 2nd upper, no NS, specialized degree

I received 2 offers from a Ministry & Stat board. Offer from ministry still pending security clearance so details on employment (incl. salary) not known to me.
Stat board offered me a good starting pay (high 3k/month) but it's on a 2 year contract basis and pay & title is fixed throughout the 2 years. During the interview with the SB director, I gotten some vibes about a competitive and stressful work culture, which was also supported by reviews online (many stated to avoid working there at all lol) . The SB director also said that contract may not be renewed after 2 years as they only pick the best of the best.

Any advice on whether i should accept/ reject and wait for the ministry offer?

Unregistered 15-08-2020 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143887)

I received 2 offers from a Ministry & Stat board. Offer from ministry still pending security clearance so details on employment (incl. salary) not known to me.
Stat board offered me a good starting pay (high 3k/month) but it's on a 2 year contract basis and pay & title is fixed throughout the 2 years. During the interview with the SB director, I gotten some vibes about a competitive and stressful work culture, which was also supported by reviews online (many stated to avoid working there at all lol) . The SB director also said that contract may not be renewed after 2 years as they only pick the best of the best.

Which sector is the ministry in? Is it the parent ministry of the SB? Is the job offered by the SB a permanent role (fixed estab/ headcount) or a contract role (project-based)? I always thought that the SB you mentioned hires on a perm basis. If it's a 2 years contract role, I suspect progression will be limited. If possible, you might want to wait a bit for the update from the ministry.

Unregistered 15-08-2020 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143887)

Mind sharing which sb and ministry to determine which will be giving better offer?

Unregistered 15-08-2020 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143853)
most will never reach D and above.
a small percentage will reach DD (mx9).

ps : i am not referring to DD is some SB like PA or CPF

Farmers will take 10 years to hit AD/SAD, 15 to 20 years to hit DD and 20+ years to hit D.

Unregistered 15-08-2020 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143898)
Farmers will take 10 years to hit AD/SAD, 15 to 20 years to hit DD and 20+ years to hit D.

wrong liao.

some 10 year still at small manager.

15 years AD..

20+ year DD... most retired at this rank..

only scholar reach Director level..

Unregistered 15-08-2020 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143898)

wow yall really talk cock sia..normal farmers 3-5 years can make AD already. Some people can make DD in 6-7 years.

Unregistered 15-08-2020 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143900)
wow yall really talk cock sia..normal farmers 3-5 years can make AD already. Some people can make DD in 6-7 years.

We're not talking about MTI/MAS type of AD.