Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 18-12-2014 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 60190)
nowadays govt jobs are mostly contract based...

true. was told benefit r same as perm, so maybe just a measure to get rid of ppl more easily?

Unregistered 18-12-2014 07:43 PM

if u r jus a peasant from local uni with no govt scholarship, will u guys work in a department filled with elites anot? half of the ppl in the dept im interning at have a bachelor or master from prestigious uni such as lse, Cambridge etc..

their pay is higher than normal mx scheme tho... but im wondering if i will be forever sidelined in terms of opportunity, promotion etc.

Unregistered 18-12-2014 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 60188)
Hi all,

Need some advice on an offer from LTA.

I was offered a monthly salary of 7k for a technical role (I have a phd and 10 years of experience doing R&D). HR told me roughly the anual package is 15.75 months (12 + aws + mid year and year end bonuses). Benefits is similar to my previous agency (600 anual flex benefit, standard medical insurance, 120/month public transport allowance - they encourage staff taking public transport instead of driving). forgot to ask about anual leave hopefully also similar to my previous agency which is 25days.

HR also told me this is grade 3 of some system I didn't hear clearly, whereby grade 1 is for entry level and grade 6 is for Director. anyone know this system and how long to raise from each grade to the higher one?

Also this is a 2 year contract. HR told me all new hire are on contract, even his boss (HR director). there's possibility to convert to perm but depends on performance etc.

overall I feel the package kinda low. Any comments?

anyone can share some experience how is life like working in LTA? easy to convert to perm? how is career advancement/pay raise like?

7k is around MX11, or Assistant Director at ministry.
Most people get there at age 30-32, so that's how you need to peg yourself

Unregistered 18-12-2014 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 60194)
if u r jus a peasant from local uni with no govt scholarship, will u guys work in a department filled with elites anot? half of the ppl in the dept im interning at have a bachelor or master from prestigious uni such as lse, Cambridge etc..

their pay is higher than normal mx scheme tho... but im wondering if i will be forever sidelined in terms of opportunity, promotion etc.

Depends. You need to work twice as hard, make twice as much impact for the fewer opportunities you will get. But after a while, you will have to admit that these elites are indeed smarter. Just think, are top universities stupid to admit them? Did they not learn anything from these places?

Unregistered 18-12-2014 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 60188)
Hi all,

Need some advice on an offer from LTA.

I was offered a monthly salary of 7k for a technical role (I have a phd and 10 years of experience doing R&D). HR told me roughly the anual package is 15.75 months (12 + aws + mid year and year end bonuses). Benefits is similar to my previous agency (600 anual flex benefit, standard medical insurance, 120/month public transport allowance - they encourage staff taking public transport instead of driving). forgot to ask about anual leave hopefully also similar to my previous agency which is 25days.

HR also told me this is grade 3 of some system I didn't hear clearly, whereby grade 1 is for entry level and grade 6 is for Director. anyone know this system and how long to raise from each grade to the higher one?

Also this is a 2 year contract. HR told me all new hire are on contract, even his boss (HR director). there's possibility to convert to perm but depends on performance etc.

overall I feel the package kinda low. Any comments?

anyone can share some experience how is life like working in LTA? easy to convert to perm? how is career advancement/pay raise like?

Grade 3 sounds like a senior engineer posiition. Typical for mid careers , since many govt agencies don't hire for senior positions. The pay is average for public service and below average if you're comparing against macs.

Unregistered 18-12-2014 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 60196)

ahhhh...i lost 4years if this is the case...

Unregistered 19-12-2014 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 60196)

Generally roughly how many years of experience will get u 7k pm at ministry?

Unregistered 19-12-2014 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 60202)
The pay is average for public service and below average if you're comparing against macs.

i dun agree.

someone mention age 30-32 with MX11 @ 7k basic or 16 x 7k = 112000 annual for "Average performer".

I have been working in the GLC(Also one of the MNC regonise worldwide), for 7years.

2.2 degree with NS

Starting 3k
After 7 years, with 2 promotions only getting 4.3k basic.....
Annual only about 75k (as compare to 112k in public sector) for similar "Average performer".

wondering how is 4.3k compare to 7k.

I am in the same age group 30-32 range

MNC better than public service?? sure or not?

Unregistered 19-12-2014 10:09 AM

Lee Kim Seong, a Singapore PR currently is members of Malaysia Secret Police

Lee Kim Seong currently is still members of Malaysia Secret Police was given PR status and working as an Accountant for more than 10 years in Singapore. He stayed in a 5 room HDB flat at Bedok reservoir road.

I suspected he hide his real ID from ICA, ISA or ICA police please have him arrested.

He shown his ID card to some of his close colleagues in Singapore.

Below is his face book profile:
s://.facebook.com/kimseong.lee.7

Unregistered 19-12-2014 10:10 AM

Lee Kim Seong Face book profile

s://.facebook.com/kimseong.lee.7