Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 30-06-2022 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223897)
You never hear of electrical engineers, mechanical engineers?

electronics is not technology ?

Unregistered 30-06-2022 12:37 PM

How much total compensation for AVP in edb? Thinking to join from local bank

Unregistered 30-06-2022 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223915)
electronics is not technology ?

The state of electronics in singapore can hardly be called technology

Unregistered 01-07-2022 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223921)
How much total compensation for AVP in edb? Thinking to join from local bank

Get interviews first then say. The ppl inside are stuck up. You have to be at their frequency

Unregistered 01-07-2022 10:42 AM

Any idea on JTC's remuneration package? Local NUS degree and 5 years relevant exp.Good place to work in? Looking at joining their FM Division. Thanks

Unregistered 02-07-2022 12:46 AM

Retirement age raise to 63

Does Public service downgrade a staff when the staff become older?

For example I’m a MX10 now and that’s my max grade. Will I be downgraded be a MX11 and retired as MX11 at 62yo. Reason being, if downgraded, salary will also be cut. However, if not downgraded and remain as MX10, my workload is too much for a 62yo. Heck! It’s even too much for a 55yo.

My dept doesn’t have anyone who work till 62. Most of them left around 55yo coz of heavy workload. But I can’t retire at 55yo coz I have young kids.

Unregistered 02-07-2022 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 224201)
Does Public service downgrade a staff when the staff become older?

For example I’m a MX10 now and that’s my max grade. Will I be downgraded be a MX11 and retired as MX11 at 62yo. Reason being, if downgraded, salary will also be cut. However, if not downgraded and remain as MX10, my workload is too much for a 62yo. Heck! It’s even too much for a 55yo.

My dept doesn’t have anyone who work till 62. Most of them left around 55yo coz of heavy workload. But I can’t retire at 55yo coz I have young kids.

Never heard got downgraded becos of age, only got downgraded once u hit retirement age and if u continue subsequently on contract basis then can be downgraded.

Unregistered 02-07-2022 10:19 AM

At my side, an officer who extends beyond 62 will not retain the key appointment or continue to undertake any heavy responsibility. So that answers your second question.

As to what package he can get, e.g. 2/3 pay or drop by one rank, i think it is up to the officer, his boss and HR to negotiate.

U can continue to feed your family. If u are a 64 year old getting MX11 pay, u should be laughing all the way to the bank.

QUOTE=Unregistered;224201]Does Public service downgrade a staff when the staff become older?

My dept doesn’t have anyone who work till 62. Most of them left around 55yo coz of heavy workload. But I can’t retire at 55yo coz I have young kids.[/QUOTE]

Unregistered 02-07-2022 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 224060)
Any idea on JTC's remuneration package? Local NUS degree and 5 years relevant exp.Good place to work in? Looking at joining their FM Division. Thanks

Bonus damn good bah….not a good place to work at as JTC always kick out the lower rating band ppl….u have to keep chionging which is not sustainable……go for the interview first

Unregistered 02-07-2022 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 224212)
At my side, an officer who extends beyond 62 will not retain the key appointment or continue to undertake any heavy responsibility. So that answers your second question.

As to what package he can get, e.g. 2/3 pay or drop by one rank, i think it is up to the officer, his boss and HR to negotiate.

U can continue to feed your family. If u are a 64 year old getting MX11 pay, u should be laughing all the way to the bank.

QUOTE=Unregistered;224201]Does Public service downgrade a staff when the staff become older?

[/QUOTE]

CS won't downgrade. That's why there's so many dinosaurs. Lol.