Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 08-12-2021 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192903)
thats why they are not mx scheme mah

Even so, if you jumped to another place which is MX scheme, they still map you to the MX grade your agency mapped you to. That's why even when agency don't follow MX, they will still tell you what is your MX grade .

Unregistered 08-12-2021 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192912)
Hello,

I am currently 35, in SB drawing a salary of 6k, perm. with 28 days of leave next year. I am offered a post in my parent ministry, at a salary of 5k,. placed on MX12, leave HR needs to check, on contract basis first, before they perm me.

The parent ministry will recognise my length of service (Currently in my 10thyear) in my current SB, they will "hold on" to my PB for this year should my performance be good

I would like advice here, on

1) is the offer reasonable? I'm OK with the paycut as job gives me exposure at ministry level.

2) What are the chances that ministry will allow me to collect my PBfirsr before joining them?

3) For leave scheme in ministry, do they adopt the same leave scheme throughout the whole public service? Mine is currently 21 days per year, and 28 days after 10 years in service

hais..

If they recognize your service year, meaning they move you through movement policy and usually pay and grade remain the same. If just to retain the 28 days leave scheme and they cut my pay and lower my MX grade, I will never take the offer. Once low balled, your next move will be low balled too. So don't be naive, negotiate a same package or don't accept at all

Unregistered 08-12-2021 06:38 PM

If you didnt request for posting, then suddenly boss mention that you will be posted to other place then he mention that its for you to take up a higher job grade, means what ah?

Unregistered 08-12-2021 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192923)
If you didnt request for posting, then suddenly boss mention that you will be posted to other place then he mention that its for you to take up a higher job grade, means what ah?

Meaning he is helping you to get your promotion. While you may be up for promotion, there is either no more headcount for promotion at your current place or that your current work is unable to push you upwards, so he/she has to send you to another department. That is what happened to one of my ex colleague, posted to our division just for promotion and ended up our own people cannot promote.

Unregistered 08-12-2021 07:08 PM

If diploma holder join civil service as MX14, what is the default CEP?

I got one fren he join as MX14 as diploma holder, in less than 3 years alrd promoted to MX13i. His boss also told him his CEP increase. Does this means his CEP is one level higher than the default CEP?

Unregistered 08-12-2021 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192913)
Where got ppl leave for paycut one... 5k for 10 years exp?

That previous joker asking if $5000 for 10 years experience is ok. Meanwhile fresh grad at GovTech alr making that amount.

Unregistered 08-12-2021 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192929)
If diploma holder join civil service as MX14, what is the default CEP?

I got one fren he join as MX14 as diploma holder, in less than 3 years alrd promoted to MX13i. His boss also told him his CEP increase. Does this means his CEP is one level higher than the default CEP?

mx11 should be the avg max

Unregistered 08-12-2021 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192940)
mx11 should be the avg max

what is the default cep?

Unregistered 08-12-2021 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192952)
what is the default cep?

standard is 2 grades above start grade

Unregistered 08-12-2021 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192966)
standard is 2 grades above start grade

Means if enter as MX14, default CEP is MX12?

Then if staff is told CEP increase, means his CEP is now MX11?