Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 08-12-2021 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192969)
Means if enter as MX14, default CEP is MX12?

Then if staff is told CEP increase, means his CEP is now MX11?

by right even up to director level will not know CEP, but it could be an educated guess..

Unregistered 08-12-2021 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192912)
Hello,

I am currently 35, in SB drawing a salary of 6k, perm. with 28 days of leave next year. I am offered a post in my parent ministry, at a salary of 5k,. placed on MX12, leave HR needs to check, on contract basis first, before they perm me.

The parent ministry will recognise my length of service (Currently in my 10thyear) in my current SB, they will "hold on" to my PB for this year should my performance be good

I would like advice here, on

1) is the offer reasonable? I'm OK with the paycut as job gives me exposure at ministry level.

2) What are the chances that ministry will allow me to collect my PBfirsr before joining them?

3) For leave scheme in ministry, do they adopt the same leave scheme throughout the whole public service? Mine is currently 21 days per year, and 28 days after 10 years in service

hais..

From ministry to stat board still can get PB?, Usually from ministry to stat board cannot transfer of service, must resigned then start afresh since not same scheme. Once resigned cannot get PB right?.. cause im in similar position, resign ministry to join stat board, dunno next yesr PB get full or pro rate.

Unregistered 08-12-2021 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192972)
From ministry to stat board still can get PB?, Usually from ministry to stat board cannot transfer of service, must resigned then start afresh since not same scheme. Once resigned cannot get PB right?.. cause im in similar position, resign ministry to join stat board, dunno next yesr PB get full or pro rate.

Why dunno, resign means start from 0. Means pro rate

Unregistered 08-12-2021 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192969)
Means if enter as MX14, default CEP is MX12?

Then if staff is told CEP increase, means his CEP is now MX11?

Not that easy to get promoted back to back fast. I also got a friend similar 2-3 up to Mx13i.. but after that been 5 yrs no promotion.. so does not mean promoted or cep higb die2 will reach there fast.. can be u hit mx11 just before retire also possible

Unregistered 08-12-2021 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192973)
Why dunno, resign means start from 0. Means pro rate

Then how come writer above say ministry can "hold on" to PB.. shld be reset and pro rate

Unregistered 09-12-2021 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192972)

mine is from sb to min. maybe the funds was originally from min? so its easier to "hold on" to it. but I was told to get this coming round of PB, they will "hold it" for at least 1 year before they give it to me. So when the time comes, I may get 2 PBs, 1 from SB that was held up, the other from min for that year.

Sounds abit strange right?

Unregistered 09-12-2021 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192984)
mine is from sb to min. maybe the funds was originally from min? so its easier to "hold on" to it. but I was told to get this coming round of PB, they will "hold it" for at least 1 year before they give it to me. So when the time comes, I may get 2 PBs, 1 from SB that was held up, the other from min for that year.

Sounds abit strange right?

Nope, even from stat board to stat board also same. They let you hold on then likely is a Movement policy. How it works is, example you left SB in Dec 21 and every end of financial year maybe during Mar (for example), SB will give you PB. In order to let you still get the Mar PB, they move you through movement policy where SB will fork out Apr 21 to Dec 21 portion and Min will co share Jan 22 to Mar 22. Because it was a co share by SB and Min, Min has to sort of sign an agreement with you to commit at least a year. So after that 1 year, Min will release that previous PB to you. This was what HR told me when i did my movement policy to keep my bonuses and PB

Unregistered 09-12-2021 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192986)
Nope, even from stat board to stat board also same. They let you hold on then likely is a Movement policy. How it works is, example you left SB in Dec 21 and every end of financial year maybe during Mar (for example), SB will give you PB. In order to let you still get the Mar PB, they move you through movement policy where SB will fork out Apr 21 to Dec 21 portion and Min will co share Jan 22 to Mar 22. Because it was a co share by SB and Min, Min has to sort of sign an agreement with you to commit at least a year. So after that 1 year, Min will release that previous PB to you. This was what HR told me when i did my movement policy to keep my bonuses and PB

yaa! now it makes sense. But to move from stat board to min, does min have a room for negotiation? Pay cut from 6k to 5k abit xiong leh.

Unregistered 09-12-2021 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192988)
yaa! now it makes sense. But to move from stat board to min, does min have a room for negotiation? Pay cut from 6k to 5k abit xiong leh.

monthly salary different is due to pay scheme different. u need to ask ur hr to explain total package

Unregistered 09-12-2021 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192989)
monthly salary different is due to pay scheme different. u need to ask ur hr to explain total package

yes, recently we hire one guy from Govtech. he was drawing 8k in govtech but was offered 6k by HR due to pay scheme.

He rejected and HR told him if he choose to "quit and join" instead of transfer, they can offer him higher pay based on his years of experience and last drawn pay. The difference is huge. He was eventually offered 7.5k and join us 2 grades higher than what was initially offered to him under the "transfer" scheme.

First hand information from my colleague, he is from my team.