Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 25-07-2020 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142692)
you sound butthurt from the fact that CS is mostly a dumping ground for those who can’t cut it in private sector.

Unless you’re a scholar, you’re second, third, fourth rate talent.

Actually i jumped in from private sector (:

Unregistered 25-07-2020 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142694)
Meanwhile you sound extremely butthurt for not being able to secure a public sector role ;)

If you live your life being so bitter at others, I genuinely feel sorry for you mate.

Joke is that he actually came in to a thread on the civil service to **** on people. What a loser

Unregistered 26-07-2020 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142696)
Joke is that he actually came in to a thread on the civil service to **** on people. What a loser

yup. if anyone is not interested in joining PS/CS, should not even visit this forum in the first place

Unregistered 26-07-2020 04:12 PM

Usually if fresh grad want high pay and faster promotions, join private sector. Unless of cos govt scholar....

Then after a few years maybe mid 30s jump into public sector for job security and stable (but lower pay and slower promotion) - especially if you just starting family. Unless can be high flyer by private by then.

Unregistered 26-07-2020 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142552)
Managerial level, of course need to work more to deserve the salary.

Can't be like MX12/13, just waiting for clock to strike 6.

yeap, but the SB i am at, i am still consider as "first-line manager" only.

DD/D (mx9) are consider middle management.
senior management are all the C and deputy C level

Unregistered 26-07-2020 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142740)
Usually if fresh grad want high pay and faster promotions, join private sector. Unless of cos govt scholar....

Then after a few years maybe mid 30s jump into public sector for job security and stable (but lower pay and slower promotion) - especially if you just starting family. Unless can be high flyer by private by then.

But this only applies if you're doing very well in the private sector i.e. in a MNC and above-average performer. Otherwise, it's still a better deal to go with the public sector from the very start. Average pay in public sector is still better than average pay in private sector for local uni grads.

Unregistered 26-07-2020 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142746)
But this only applies if you're doing very well in the private sector i.e. in a MNC and above-average performer. Otherwise, it's still a better deal to go with the public sector from the very start. Average pay in public sector is still better than average pay in private sector for local uni grads.

Public sector less likely to get retrench in the current situation.

Unregistered 27-07-2020 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142746)

Yup, my starting pay was 1k above my private sector friends. Been 3 years since we entered workforce and they are still playing catch up. Have nvr regretted my decision to enter the service :)

Unregistered 27-07-2020 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142774)
Yup, my starting pay was 1k above my private sector friends. Been 3 years since we entered workforce and they are still playing catch up. Have nvr regretted my decision to enter the service :)

Need to compare job function too and join the right company in private sector.

Each sector has its pros and cons.

Unregistered 27-07-2020 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142774)

Your private sector friends work in SMEs?