Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Anyone jobless for a long time before? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2271-anyone-jobless-long-time-before.html)

Unregistered 21-11-2012 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 30469)
My package is in the range of 200 to 250 k per year. I am in my early 40s.

F U loser. Dont day dream here. 250k come in here talk rot... I doubt you even earn 25k a year! Wake up your bloody ideas! Dont come in and boast. Keyboard warrior. Loser in life.

Unregistered 22-11-2012 12:31 AM

I think the 200-250k per annum guy is troll lah....don't take seriously..

Unregistered 22-11-2012 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 30623)
Currently unemployed over a year. Graduate from local uni, jobs all taken by FT. Govt full employment is a lie.

Which uni, what degree ? Do you consider your expectations high or average? When I was fresh grad I was unemployed >6 months, but only looking at specific industries..

Unregistered 22-11-2012 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 30398)
I graduated from NUS with a BBA this year May.

currently, I am offered a role at US MNC for 2,700. After CPF is 2160. with annual AWS.

What do you guys honestly think about this compensation package?

Quite good for a freshie if you are non finance...

Unregistered 22-11-2012 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 30393)
I applied for admin, marketing but no decent offers despite having a part-time degree. The best offer was $2,300. Was looking for about $2,500.

It is okay for admin, marketing jobs.. If this is your first job then don't hiam about the pay, you can always pick up working knowledge first and use it to have a pay increase when hopping...

RealShooter 22-11-2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liverpool (Post 30080)
How did you deal with it?

Any tips for looking for the next job?

Did you all make any adjustments to your lifestyle?

How did you all feel during this period?

been jobless since Aug. Been sending job applications since then. Either rejections or no replies. Feeling very desperate at the moment and feeling really sucks as I stay at home everyday. Now looking to give tuition classes to get some cash. Lucky I don't have a family yet else I will be really stressed. Any seniors here care to share their experience?

3yrs 8mths jobless already and feel like ****, have been betting for a living since then. Anyone in the same fate as me??

RealShooter 22-11-2012 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1973 (Post 30707)
Extended period joblessness is no longer uncommon nowaday. You are not alone. The statistics show a very low unemployment rate...I am not sure if it paints a true picture. One thing for sure is that people are definitely taking longer time to find a job.

Read more genuine real stories in

Support Site for The Unemployed & Underemployed|Support Site for The Unemployed & Underemployed

Yes...i'm one of them.It makes you feel very demoralized & useless.Had turn to betting to feed a family....the only job where i need not go for an interview. I believe i'm not the only one...btw i'm from IT industry where is populated with pinoy and indians FTs.

Unregistered 22-11-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 30704)
you sound like what I am feeling now.. desperate and have been dugging into my savings.. everyday drying up.. phone bills and my 3 times a day makan.. my savings down a lot for this period already.. if you know you are going to be out of job, you should have at least 10,000 in savings i guess..... it was a rash decision for me to quit the job in the heat of the moment...

Yup just learn and move on....dont be rash which is the fatal characteristic of most youngsters (including me coz I am a youngster also)

Typical younster characteristic -> Boss give you a bit of scolding or negative comment you straightaway tell the boss to go fcuk himself and that you dont need his comments coz you plan to quit even though you dont have a job ie you think you are the next greatest human being to ever happen in human evolution. Yup I know a lot of you are nodding your heads now coz I was once like that also hahaha

Sighx those were the childish days, now with a wife in toll need to be more discipline...can only curse after work but not during work hahaha

Unregistered 22-11-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 30721)
F U loser. Dont day dream here. 250k come in here talk rot... I doubt you even earn 25k a year! Wake up your bloody ideas! Dont come in and boast. Keyboard warrior. Loser in life.

aiya. there are 32 285 persons in singapore earning an average of 700k. there must be hundreds of thousands others earning 250k. he can be one of them and is just stating facts. why so worked up.

Unregistered 22-11-2012 09:08 PM

stteepe then

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 30748)
Yup just learn and move on....dont be rash which is the fatal characteristic of most youngsters (including me coz I am a youngster also)

Typical younster characteristic -> Boss give you a bit of scolding or negative comment you straightaway tell the boss to go fcuk himself and that you dont need his comments coz you plan to quit even though you dont have a job ie you think you are the next greatest human being to ever happen in human evolution. Yup I know a lot of you are nodding your heads now coz I was once like that also hahaha

Sighx those were the childish days, now with a wife in toll need to be more discipline...can only curse after work but not during work hahaha

no la, it wasn't a problem I had with the boss.. I can take all sorts of criticism.. used to it already.. not a big deal...