Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

Unregistered 10-08-2021 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179796)
My final interview ended on a positive note with the panel saying I will hear from hr next to progress the next steps. But it has been almost 2 weeks and hr didn't contact me for pay slip. Does that mean it's just a courtesy comment and does not mean that I was successful?

likely it's a courtesy comment, usually hear that for most interviews. You can also try dropping HR a polite email asking for any updates

Unregistered 11-08-2021 12:14 PM

Does anybody have experience being an estate manager at HDB? I have an offer from them but couldn’t find much about the culture, work-life etc. TIA.

Unregistered 11-08-2021 04:22 PM

Anyone here applied for HTX post, selected and now waiting for offer?. How long have u wait?

Unregistered 11-08-2021 05:50 PM

any of the recent posters that were waiting on offers from MHA received a reply?
If so what's the timeline like?

Unregistered 12-08-2021 11:05 PM

Has anyone accepted and started at Job A while waiting for Job B (passing security clearance etc, takes about 1.5-2 months)? Meaning to say go Job A while only then resign.

Unregistered 13-08-2021 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179973)
Has anyone accepted and started at Job A while waiting for Job B (passing security clearance etc, takes about 1.5-2 months)? Meaning to say go Job A while only then resign.

Is B confirmed? If yes then you shouldn't take A. Be fair to the employer and give other candidates a chance. If no then will be up to you imho.

Unregistered 16-08-2021 07:16 PM

Anyone have any idea what is the written test for AGD?

Unregistered 17-08-2021 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180002)
Is B confirmed? If yes then you shouldn't take A. Be fair to the employer and give other candidates a chance. If no then will be up to you imho.

B isn't confirmed yet. Which is the risky part

Unregistered 17-08-2021 11:59 AM

Does the HR update the careers@gov application from in progress -> ?

it's been slightly over 2 weeks since my interview, was wondering if i should give them more time or drop and email. reasoning being it was mentioned that during the interview it was said HR will contact me.

Unregistered 17-08-2021 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 180248)
Does the HR update the careers@gov application from in progress -> ?

it's been slightly over 2 weeks since my interview, was wondering if i should give them more time or drop and email. reasoning being it was mentioned that during the interview it was said HR will contact me.

Don't think they update the status after shortlisting. So far my unsuccessful status is for those I'm rejected immediately. For those which i went for interview, it is listed as shortlisted, tho i have already failed one and declined an offer for the other.
I would wait till one month then give up. From my experience, hr will usually contact after 1 week if successful, but if the hiring manager takes time to decide, then the wait wil be longer.