Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Micron starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1787-micron-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 29-06-2022 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223666)
hahaha no hahahah

Is it still in Semiconductor industry haha?

Unregistered 29-06-2022 12:04 AM

Micron bendemeer to micron penang

Hi guys, I read somewhere that Micron Bendemeer (MSB) is gonna shift to Micron Penang soon in time to come. Is this true or false?

Unregistered 29-06-2022 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223744)
Hi guys, I read somewhere that Micron Bendemeer (MSB) is gonna shift to Micron Penang soon in time to come. Is this true or false?

I can confirm

Unregistered 29-06-2022 04:52 AM

Quote:

If that does happen, what would happen to everyone else working at MSB?

Unregistered 29-06-2022 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223759)
If that does happen, what would happen to everyone else working at MSB?

probably layoff?

Unregistered 29-06-2022 10:39 AM

Quote:

Anyone from the inside can confirm this?

Unregistered 29-06-2022 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223771)
probably layoff?

Possible. There are whispers within the company already

Unregistered 29-06-2022 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223795)

Win LIAO lor

Unregistered 29-06-2022 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223593)
so your new job is higher total comp? whats the TC u can expect from ur new job vs micron? inclusive of the OT pay and all?

Micron pay I guess you know from my orignal post. My new job is 5k per month, no AWS, 3-4 month avg bonus. The bonus is the only different part which is variable and I only got the info from hear say. Hence, I won’t say it’s higher than micron. However, the pay was not a consideration for me as I wanted to get out of engineering role, my new role can make me 200k a year in 4-5 years time (offcourse, if i play my cards right). It also something I personally feel excited both so I will be able to put in the extra efforts, unlike if i am at micron.

pandon me, what does TC stand for? But with regards to OT pay, my new job has no OT pay and very likely that I will be doing OT.

Unregistered 29-06-2022 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223804)
Micron pay I guess you know from my orignal post. My new job is 5k per month, no AWS, 3-4 month avg bonus. The bonus is the only different part which is variable and I only got the info from hear say. Hence, I won’t say it’s higher than micron. However, the pay was not a consideration for me as I wanted to get out of engineering role, my new role can make me 200k a year in 4-5 years time (offcourse, if i play my cards right). It also something I personally feel excited both so I will be able to put in the extra efforts, unlike if i am at micron.

pandon me, what does TC stand for? But with regards to OT pay, my new job has no OT pay and very likely that I will be doing OT.

what industry will you be in? tech company?

Unregistered 29-06-2022 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223795)

gg, from the whispers, when will they move?

Unregistered 29-06-2022 09:17 PM

Quote:

good for u mate, happy to hear that! good job. TC == Total Compensation this is typically an annual figure after 13th month/AWS and inclusive of Variable Bonuses.

if i am right, this should be a sales or front end role? unless u are now a software engineer?

Unregistered 30-06-2022 10:36 PM

Quote:

But your new job does not have AWS and no OT pay.
If your Micron pay is also 5k, u should have stayed on in Micron to enjoy the AWS and OT pay of max 7.5k every month.

Unregistered 30-06-2022 10:38 PM

Quote:

Can anyone confirm this? What will happen to the staff there at MSB?

Unregistered 01-07-2022 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 224009)
Can anyone confirm this? What will happen to the staff there at MSB?

HR won't say much, but those stayed in micron for over 20 years will go do F10, the junior ones will be given severance packages from what I heard

Unregistered 01-07-2022 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 224052)
HR won't say much, but those stayed in micron for over 20 years will go do F10, the junior ones will be given severance packages from what I heard

I just got hired for a position at MSB though….

Unregistered 01-07-2022 05:35 PM

What are the potential roles for a retrenched SWE in micron?
I'm one of those affected by the tech retrenchment, hope to find a new job soon.

Unregistered 03-07-2022 04:39 AM

Eh, is anyone here an industrial engineer? How's it ah? Can give review ah hahaha

Unregistered 03-07-2022 08:32 AM

Quote:

Didnt Micron expand operations in SG not too long ago?

Unregistered 03-07-2022 09:09 AM

morons cant even do a quick google search and see that micron just expanded last month lol use ur fking brain....

just expand only want to move out? da fuq?

Unregistered 03-07-2022 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 224297)
morons cant even do a quick google search and see that micron just expanded last month lol use ur fking brain....

Pls lah, of course we all know F10 expanded to F10A.

But MSB at Bendemeer is a different location. Won't be surprised if they do not need this MSB at Bendemeer.

Unregistered 04-07-2022 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 224297)

This guy ****ing stupid. Don’t know how read micron BENDEMEER? Must be some dumb china dude

Unregistered 05-07-2022 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 224437)
This guy ****ing stupid. Don’t know how read micron BENDEMEER? Must be some dumb china dude

Yes mate, that dude is just dumb fcuk

Unregistered 05-07-2022 11:32 AM

Guys, anyone know after 2-3 years in Micron, if I want to leave Micron, where should I jump to? Am I able to jump to a government sector? I am a Manufacturing Engineer.

Unregistered 05-07-2022 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 224508)
Guys, anyone know after 2-3 years in Micron, if I want to leave Micron, where should I jump to? Am I able to jump to a government sector? I am a Manufacturing Engineer.

Sure can one as long u are local U. But u sure want go gov sector ? There is a lot red tape and the process is very slow.

Unregistered 05-07-2022 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 224508)

join ST, we need more hands and legs

Unregistered 06-07-2022 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 224552)
join ST, we need more hands and legs

I now at ST and is really hand and leg job. People can sleep from 9am to 12pm at office and you also can play your mobile game. Anyway next week is my last day at ST and I feel happy I get out this company

Unregistered 06-07-2022 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 224503)
Yes mate, that dude is just dumb fcuk

No wonder micron fire people will fire those china man first. No brain all of them cant even read simple english

Unregistered 06-07-2022 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 224577)
I now at ST and is really hand and leg job. People can sleep from 9am to 12pm at office and you also can play your mobile game. Anyway next week is my last day at ST and I feel happy I get out this company

huh? ST so slack meh? damn

Unregistered 06-07-2022 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 224628)
huh? ST so slack meh? damn

Got if you are those slack welcome to join

Unregistered 06-07-2022 09:21 PM

Anyone knows whether if you are in shift work, are you able to switch to non shift work after a few years?

Unregistered 06-07-2022 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 224666)
Anyone knows whether if you are in shift work, are you able to switch to non shift work after a few years?

no, 0 chance unless u have deep connections

Unregistered 06-07-2022 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 224666)

Is shift work bad? Just curious hehe 🤣🤣🤣 don’t flame me ah

Unregistered 06-07-2022 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 224672)

Many fresh grads were brainwashed by their parents that 9-6 office jobs are the best. Many will avoid shift jobs. Shift job isnt bad though. Who knows.

Unregistered 09-07-2022 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 224667)
no, 0 chance unless u have deep connections

huh? Legit ah? I am currently in shift work... gg

Unregistered 09-07-2022 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 224680)
Many fresh grads were brainwashed by their parents that 9-6 office jobs are the best. Many will avoid shift jobs. Shift job isnt bad though. Who knows.

It is bad, it messes with the sleep pattern within our internal body clock which is heavily influenced by sunlight, which is a factor out of our control. In the long run, it will have negative impacts on your health as you are going against your natural circadian rhythm

Unregistered 10-07-2022 06:14 AM

Layoff

Guys, is there a chance micron will fire people if you are unable to perform up to their standards?

Unregistered 10-07-2022 07:49 AM

they must be getting rid of older workers, how else are they able to keep mass hiring fresh grads

Unregistered 10-07-2022 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 224672)

wont flame you but yeah its bad

just for reference, i used to do devops and it was shift rotations, i wont say what company but its a F500 US tech company, pay was not bad, on the higher end

but what the fk, during production releases i had to be up from 2AM to 6AM, then 9AM to 12PM, 2PM to 6PM...

this fked with my sleep so bad.. i couldnt even go out with my friends or do stuffs because i was just so fking tired and on weekends i cant even sleep, it became so bad i just wake up automatically before 2AM everyday before my alarm rang lol

i did this for 1+ years before i finally burnt out and quit.

do shift jobs if you

1. got no friends and dont go out
2. are the kind of person who can sleep anytime anywhere... easy way to know this is when u go overseas and timezone is very different, can u adapt fast and easily? then when come back SG, can u adapt back to ur old sleeping patterns?

Unregistered 10-07-2022 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 224924)
Guys, is there a chance micron will fire people if you are unable to perform up to their standards?

ya of course, every company is like this

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 224925)
they must be getting rid of older workers, how else are they able to keep mass hiring fresh grads

micron is expanding

my friend who works there told me teams get bigger and bigger every year, they are not firing people just to hire new people