Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Micron starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1787-micron-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 16-02-2023 03:52 PM

12k like quite low?

Unregistered 16-02-2023 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240428)
good for u bro, enjoy ur holiday.

but just fyi, i am pretty sure u can get another job that will pay u way above 12k with 18 YOE unless ure telling me u barely do anything and nua for 18 years and ur pay is simply just build up years of increments due to inflation.

I still remember my starting salary is around 2.9K back then, I graduated from NTU with 2nd class (upper).

Unregistered 16-02-2023 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240455)
12k like quite low?

12K is quite low? What makes you say that? Many my school mates who worked in ST, Singtel, LTA and Bosch make less than me, probably something like 10K-ish.

Unregistered 16-02-2023 09:45 PM

Heard retrenchment will increase from 5% to 10%

Unregistered 17-02-2023 12:46 AM

Heard there's gonna be another round of layoffs on 20th.. stay strong guys

Unregistered 19-02-2023 11:08 PM

Sorry ah, may not exactly be the right thread, but since Micron is offering 5K, how much is Infineon offering ah?

Unregistered 20-02-2023 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240696)
Sorry ah, may not exactly be the right thread, but since Micron is offering 5K, how much is Infineon offering ah?

pls create your own thread

Unregistered 20-02-2023 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240696)

good point, i want to add also,

since Micron is offering 5k, how much is mcdonalds MA program offering?

Unregistered 21-02-2023 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240414)
I worked in Micron for last 18 years, earning 12k+. I was laid off recently, I got a severance pay package at n+1, it is ok for me. Finally I can take a long leave, planning to stay Hakodate for 1 month.

Waaah
Like that i also.wanna get laid off haha... Seriously man, you could put that amount in a FD and live the life with monthly interest while doing a lower pay/low stress job

Unregistered 23-02-2023 02:52 PM

Quote:

I worked in Micron for last 18 years, earning 12k+. I was laid off recently, I got a severance pay package at n+1, it is ok for me. Finally I can take a long leave, planning to stay Hakodate for 1 month.

You deserve a good rest before landing to a better job.
Seriously, I do not think Micron a good place to retire, and soon you will realize in term of pay, there are many better places out there in the job market.

Unregistered 23-02-2023 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240965)
Seriously, I do not think Micron a good place to retire, and soon you will realize in term of pay, there are many better places out there in the job market.

yeah no sh1t captain obvious

Unregistered 23-02-2023 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240965)

Yeah agreed. Micron is not a good place to retire. It is good for fresh graduates as the learning curve is fast and steep.

If u want to slack and work till retirement, should join some other companies. Getting high pay and do nothing and no fear of retrenchment.

Unregistered 23-02-2023 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 241005)
Yeah agreed. Micron is not a good place to retire. It is good for fresh graduates as the learning curve is fast and steep.

If u want to slack and work till retirement, should join some other companies. Getting high pay and do nothing and no fear of retrenchment.

you speak facts.

micron is a bad company to retire in, there's no growth. in tech one must keep improving to keep up, singapore life is fast and steep.

Unregistered 28-01-2024 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226439)
Preferably not since this is an anonymous forum. You can post your enquires here and I'll see if I can help you with it.

Hello. So may I confirm with you that Micron Bendemeer is doing backend manufacturing assembly processes? Have you heard of the role Semiconductor Process Engineer at Bendemeer?

If yes, could you explain what is their usual job scope?

Unregistered 29-01-2024 02:38 PM

Quote:

What is your previous package? What was your previous role? (Manager?)
- AWS?
- Performance Bonus?
- Profit Sharing?
- Shares?

Unregistered 03-02-2024 02:25 AM

kindly think twice before applying for Micron. the pay is not that competitive anymore and OT culture will make your work life balance hard to maintain. No OT pay currently and previously freeze increment for a year make the pay pathetic

Unregistered 03-02-2024 09:34 AM

What companies are good for retirement? Asking from a non ambitious fellow

Unregistered 17-02-2024 12:41 PM

Mass hiring now, anyone can give any update about current package, offers? Any other fresh graduates applied? Went down for interview, hearsay hiring 400 fresher

Unregistered 20-02-2024 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 268670)
Mass hiring now, anyone can give any update about current package, offers? Any other fresh graduates applied? Went down for interview, hearsay hiring 400 fresher

I also went down for interview, after interview the manager said I would be a better fit in other department, ask me come down next week to interview again. Idk if means I rejected but they dont want say or what.

Unregistered 20-02-2024 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 268878)
I also went down for interview, after interview the manager said I would be a better fit in other department, ask me come down next week to interview again. Idk if means I rejected but they dont want say or what.

Its a nicer way to say you are rejected.

Unregistered 20-02-2024 12:29 PM

Quote:

Mass hiring then 1 year later mass firing. Don't know why people bother to apply

Unregistered 21-02-2024 08:01 PM

Quote:

all roles?

Unregistered 29-02-2024 10:17 PM

PIE,PEE,MFG,Probe,Facilities all hiring, mass hiring now from all uni, have on campus interviews.