Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Micron starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1787-micron-starting-pay.html)

12345 12-03-2012 08:30 PM

Micron starting pay
 
Hi,

Does anyone know what is the starting pay for Micron Procurement Officer if I am graduating with 2nd upper class honours? Thank you

Unregistered 13-03-2012 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12345 (Post 22183)
Hi,

Does anyone know what is the starting pay for Micron Procurement Officer if I am graduating with 2nd upper class honours? Thank you

probably between 3200-3500. Dependent on your school....

phantom73 13-03-2012 08:46 PM

Should be at least 3.5k

Unregistered 13-03-2012 10:53 PM

Why work as Procurement Officer when you have a 2nd upper class honours?
procurement is not exactly exciting, and pay increment is slow

Unregistered 14-03-2012 11:48 PM

Dun thk the entry pay is tat high.

Shd b 2.9 - 3.2K

Bean 15-03-2012 12:07 AM

assume this fresh grad getting 3000 as starting....in MICRON

5 years down the road, how much will he earn per month....give me some value

Unregistered 15-03-2012 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bean (Post 22315)
assume this fresh grad getting 3000 as starting....in MICRON

5 years down the road, how much will he earn per month....give me some value

My estimate: 3.5k.

Bean 15-03-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 22324)
My estimate: 3.5k.

if like that , TS pls dun apply this company!!!!

increment sux!!!

Bean 15-03-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 22324)
My estimate: 3.5k.

To TS, you better join civil service if you got 2nd upper, you see the person below , 5 years can hit 5.5k....compare 5 years in micron ~$3.5k....see the difference...

i dunno how much bonus micron give out, but civil service give out 4 month(inclusive AWS on average)


Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 5850)
My background:
2nd upper Science Graduate (NUS). Class of 2007. Civil Servant.
Earning $4.4k gross monthly. I'm not a scholar btw. I will be age 28 by year end 2010.


$4.4k is my gross monthly salary (doesnt include the bonuses).
Starting pay was $3.3k in 2007
Went up to $3.6k in 2008
Then to $3.8k in 2009
Then to $4.4k in 2010
estimate $4.7k in 2011
estimate $5.2k in 2012 (feb salary adjustment)
estimate at least $5.5k by Apr2012(after merit increment)


By default, you get an annual increase in pay (called merit increment;dependent whether u perform well at work) and on top of that a promotional increment (if you get promoted to a higher job-grade)

Hope this will give you a guage of your salary.


kamiru 15-03-2012 12:56 PM

If you are a high flyer and get promoted to senior position, u will get ard 4.3-4.6k within 3 years.

Bean 15-03-2012 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kamiru (Post 22340)
If you are a high flyer and get promoted to senior position, u will get ard 4.3-4.6k within 3 years.

how about those average "C" performer in the first 5 years...after 5 years, what will be the salary range??

kamiru 15-03-2012 01:09 PM

normally after 5 yrs, they will quit.
5% per year....u do the math.

Bean 15-03-2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kamiru (Post 22342)
normally after 5 yrs, they will quit.
5% per year....u do the math.

ok thank, but working for 5 years dun even have a single promotion?? if got promotion, how much is the promotion increment? 20%???

kamiru 15-03-2012 02:22 PM

Promotion minimum 10%. Dun be surprised it will reach 20%. Micron baseline is higher than the rest.

Bean 15-03-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kamiru (Post 22345)
Promotion minimum 10%. Dun be surprised it will reach 20%. Micron baseline is higher than the rest.

assume 2nd upper grad join micron @ 3500 starting.
assume 5% annual increment and 10-20% promotion increment

fresh grad = 3500
after 1 year = 3675
after 2 year = 3859
after 3 year(with promotion) = 4438 - 4862
after 4 year = 4659 - 5105
after 5 year = 4892 - 5360

So to TS, these are the projected salary 5 years down the road for 2nd upper degree.
If 2nd lower, will will be about 100-200 lower maybe.

I dunno how much is the annual package? (maybe 14-16 mth inclusive AWS)??

btw thanks kamiru for these info!!

kamiru 15-03-2012 03:56 PM

after 3 year(with promotion) = 4438 - 4862/quote
This is a good gauge.

Maybe the most is ~2mths inclusive of AWS.

Probably 2nd lower they would not even hire.

free 15-03-2012 10:57 PM

which micron u getting into?

Unregistered 17-03-2012 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 22324)
My estimate: 3.5k.

I concurred. 3.5K - 3.7K after 5 yrs is possible for a US company. Pls note pay in semicon is not as fantastic as in it's heyday.

You may get more say 3.7- 3.9 K if you have a promo in between the 5 years.

This only applies to US comapnies. If you are in a japanese co. , dun even thk of 35K after 5 yrs. Most japs practice 4% increment. But on avg, u get 3% or slightly less. So if u starts with 3000 SGD....you may only end up with 3.3K. :)

Unregistered 17-03-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 22462)
I concurred. 3.5K - 3.7K after 5 yrs is possible for a US company. Pls note pay in semicon is not as fantastic as in it's heyday.

You may get more say 3.7- 3.9 K if you have a promo in between the 5 years.

This only applies to US comapnies. If you are in a japanese co. , dun even thk of 35K after 5 yrs. Most japs practice 4% increment. But on avg, u get 3% or slightly less. So if u starts with 3000 SGD....you may only end up with 3.3K. :)

Even fresh graduates earn more than 3.3k.

jobhunter1234 13-03-2013 08:24 PM

Hi guys. Is Micron Fab 10 a place to work? I'm applying for procurement engineer position and interested to know the starting salary. TIA

Unregistered 13-03-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jobhunter1234 (Post 34191)
Hi guys. Is Micron Fab 10 a place to work? I'm applying for procurement engineer position and interested to know the starting salary. TIA

Engineer positions start at 3.6k onwards

jobhunter1234 13-03-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 34194)
Engineer positions start at 3.6k onwards

Hi. Are you very sure with that? Or 3.6 applies to first class hons? Does it apply to procurement engineer as well?

Unregistered 14-03-2013 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 34194)
Engineer positions start at 3.6k onwards

Are you sure, got a friend who got offered 3.2k fresh grad.

jobhunter1234 14-03-2013 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 34198)
Are you sure, got a friend who got offered 3.2k fresh grad.

care to share his qualification? hons class and uni etc. As well as the position he applied for. Thanks

Unregistered 14-03-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jobhunter1234 (Post 34195)
Hi. Are you very sure with that? Or 3.6 applies to first class hons? Does it apply to procurement engineer as well?

I was 2nd lower when I joined in 2010 for 3.6k. The pte sector dun give a fcuk what your honors is. Important is must be able to perform and impress during interview and negotiate your salary with tact.

Unregistered 14-03-2013 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 34216)
I was 2nd lower when I joined in 2010 for 3.6k. The pte sector dun give a fcuk what your honors is. Important is must be able to perform and impress during interview and negotiate your salary with tact.


Your first job?

jobhunter1234 14-03-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 34216)
I was 2nd lower when I joined in 2010 for 3.6k. The pte sector dun give a fcuk what your honors is. Important is must be able to perform and impress during interview and negotiate your salary with tact.

Yea. I would like to know if this is your first job or you have previous working experience elsewhere. I'm unsure if the current economy would allow me to negotiate for that salary for a fresh grad. Thanks

Unregistered 14-03-2013 10:08 AM

micron got a few places..one in woodlands and one at amk iirc. Which u all referring to?

jobhunter1234 14-03-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 34223)
micron got a few places..one in woodlands and one at amk iirc. Which u all referring to?

Fab 10 woodlands :)

poor and stupid 14-03-2013 10:20 AM

Micron has one of the highest starting salary, i think HP pays 50-100 more. But micron gives more increment, if you walk away from a micron offer you will probably cry for life

jobhunter1234 14-03-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poor and stupid (Post 34227)
Micron has one of the highest starting salary, i think HP pays 50-100 more. But micron gives more increment, if you walk away from a micron offer you will probably cry for life

Thanks for your input. R u working for micron as well?

Unregistered 14-03-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jobhunter1234 (Post 34225)
Fab 10 woodlands :)

but i think the non-engineer roles fresh grad starting only ard 2400 or 2500? Anyone care to share? Or do they go by class of honours?

poor and stupid 14-03-2013 02:44 PM

Those position usually reserved for diploma people de. If possible dun apply those. dip gets 2.1k fresh.

So you study extra 3/4years just so you can get 500 more? A simple equation will tell you, you need a lot of years to recover your "lost income"

(x-500)*4*12/500.

if x = 2k easily 144mths to recover.

lets factor in a 10% increment and 13mth over the 1st to 2years on a constant rate

(((x-500)*13)+((x*1.1-500)*13))*4*12/500.

Hmm seems like I make people with deg look stupid. that is totally not true, if you join the right position (for deg ppl)


I didnt get into micron many years ago, so my pay sux to the max. if possible dun be in the engineering sector best.

jobhunter1234 14-03-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poor and stupid (Post 34240)
Those position usually reserved for diploma people de. If possible dun apply those. dip gets 2.1k fresh.

So you study extra 3/4years just so you can get 500 more? A simple equation will tell you, you need a lot of years to recover your "lost income"

(x-500)*4*12/500.

if x = 2k easily 144mths to recover.

lets factor in a 10% increment and 13mth over the 1st to 2years on a constant rate

(((x-500)*13)+((x*1.1-500)*13))*4*12/500.

Hmm seems like I make people with deg look stupid. that is totally not true, if you join the right position (for deg ppl)


I didnt get into micron many years ago, so my pay sux to the max. if possible dun be in the engineering sector best.

Hi. Thanks for the info and analysis. I have certain expectation for my starting salary and definitely won't accept something close to a diploma salary. I'm not exactly applying for technical position, instead, I'm more interested in purchasing/procurement function and is looking for a good company to begin with :). I have the intention to hop once gotten enough experience.

Unregistered 14-03-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poor and stupid (Post 34240)
Those position usually reserved for diploma people de. If possible dun apply those. dip gets 2.1k fresh.

So you study extra 3/4years just so you can get 500 more? A simple equation will tell you, you need a lot of years to recover your "lost income"

(x-500)*4*12/500.

if x = 2k easily 144mths to recover.

lets factor in a 10% increment and 13mth over the 1st to 2years on a constant rate

(((x-500)*13)+((x*1.1-500)*13))*4*12/500.

Hmm seems like I make people with deg look stupid. that is totally not true, if you join the right position (for deg ppl)


I didnt get into micron many years ago, so my pay sux to the max. if possible dun be in the engineering sector best.

Don't mislead others with your rubbish please. You already got exposed & disciplined once at NEA for similar offence and now still not scared. Not content with slandering NEA, engineers now here to talk nonsense posing as a procurement expert...

Procurement Engineer is not for diploma holders unless those with many years experience and Micron don't pay 2.1k for Engineers.

Unregistered 14-03-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 34244)
Don't mislead others with your rubbish please. You already got exposed & disciplined once at NEA for similar offence and now still not scared. Not content with slandering NEA, engineers now here to talk nonsense posing as a procurement expert...

Procurement Engineer is not for diploma holders unless those with many years experience and Micron don't pay 2.1k for Engineers.

Hi. Care to share the starting salary for procurement engineer fresh grads? Thanks

Unregistered 14-03-2013 04:49 PM

ya i also wud like to know the current fresh degree grad starting pay for non-engineering, eg finance, HR and etc. Thanks many many

Unregistered 15-03-2013 12:22 PM

does the one at micron provide company transport? The place rather ulu eh

jobhunter1234 15-03-2013 05:37 PM

Back from micron interview. Both HR staff and department manager very friendly. Kudos to department manager for spending so much time explaining to me about the job scope.

Positive experience.

Unregistered 15-03-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jobhunter1234 (Post 34308)
Back from micron interview. Both HR staff and department manager very friendly. Kudos to department manager for spending so much time explaining to me about the job scope.

Positive experience.

Any mention of the starting pay?


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 03:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2