Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Micron starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1787-micron-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 05-06-2022 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 220385)
$5k is considered high for fresh graduates meh?
I think this is bare minimum for fresh graduates now for semiconductors in 2022.

erm lol? even 4k is pretty good salary for fresh grad, unless you're comparing to law, medicine, CS, i dunno what u smokin. micron definitely pays higher than other semicon fabs in sg but i heard they start to manage ppl out once they hit 40+

v1va 05-06-2022 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 220381)
I heard is last year was very high at 8%.
But then I heard previous year also 3 to 5% bah, which I think also not bad.
Some companies that I worked before only 1 to 2%.

E1 is for fresh graduates
E2 is after work 1 year will promote from E1 to E2
E3 need few years experience
E4 must be very experienced

What is the salary gap between E1 and E2? And E3? Anyone can shed some light thanks!

Unregistered 05-06-2022 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 220393)
erm lol? even 4k is pretty good salary for fresh grad, unless you're comparing to law, medicine, CS, i dunno what u smokin. micron definitely pays higher than other semicon fabs in sg but i heard they start to manage ppl out once they hit 40+

huh?? isnt this a thread about micron's tech roles?

4k is fking garbage for tech roles, anyone who take 4k monthly must be some trash dev CMI one. even those stupid bank graduate programs that anyone can get into pay 5-6k+ alread

Unregistered 05-06-2022 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 220415)

4k is fking garbage for tech roles, anyone who take 4k monthly must be some trash dev CMI one. even those stupid bank graduate programs that anyone can get into pay 5-6k+ alread

look im also in tech, but for gods sake man, micron isnt tech la LOL wtf why u projecting dev roles everywhere?

Unregistered 05-06-2022 11:31 AM

Quote:

gzus rly peak stupidity moment.....

Unregistered 05-06-2022 03:03 PM

Quote:

lmao how is micron tech, if you categorize it as manufacturing i could somewhat agree with you, but tech.... Perhaps to you any company that makes use of computers is tech..

Unregistered 05-06-2022 07:42 PM

Quote:

Chill bro, you're already triggering the 4k monthly people on here.

Also Micron is a semi-conductor company, that guy above you already said it... It is not a tech company... it's a design and manufacturing company.

Unregistered 07-06-2022 02:45 AM

4K fresh grad pay is too low alr

obviously the market rate now is 5-6k

Unregistered 07-06-2022 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 220721)
4K fresh grad pay is too low alr

obviously the market rate now is 5-6k

don't be shortsighted. u start high, u climb slow

Unregistered 07-06-2022 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 220723)

wat talking u, money is money u dumfk

Unregistered 07-06-2022 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 220723)

Bro are you actually dumb.

Pay increments / promotions are based off your base pay... if you start low, you will climb slow lmfao. Do you know how percentages work?

Unregistered 07-06-2022 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 220733)
Bro are you actually dumb.

Pay increments / promotions are based off your base pay... if you start low, you will climb slow lmfao. Do you know how percentages work?

Do u think increments are always in percentages? Is that realistic? 10% every year till 60? Happy working at yr "tech" company. lol

Unregistered 07-06-2022 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 220762)
Do u think increments are always in percentages? Is that realistic? 10% every year till 60? Happy working at yr "tech" company. lol

Are you stupid?

10%, 6%, 3%.

The one who started higher will climb higher than someone who started lower right?

Do us all a favor and stop posting.

Unregistered 07-06-2022 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 220772)
Are you stupid?

10%, 6%, 3%.

The one who started higher will climb higher than someone who started lower right?

Do us all a favor and stop posting.

I am saying those who start higher will see lower percentage increase.

Micron will be 10%, 9%, 7%.

Do u think all companies increment is the same? Who is the dumb one.

Unregistered 07-06-2022 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 220783)

Do you know how salary bands work?

My god... can't argue with stupid. Have fun getting lowballed lmfao what a pepega world record dipshit.

Unregistered 07-06-2022 07:58 PM

Quote:

pay increment is based on performance la, not what ur base pay is bro watafak? micron pay increment based on base pay meh? i tot they see performance one? if really give less % cos ur base pay higher then LOL micron is some dogshit lanjiao company, 100% avoid

Unregistered 07-06-2022 08:56 PM

Quote:

What kind of stupid logic is this?

I will rather start high than start low basic salary. Common sense. Every $ count.

Unregistered 07-06-2022 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 220810)
Do you know how salary bands work?

My god... can't argue with stupid. Have fun getting lowballed lmfao what a pepega world record dipshit.

U start high and be stuck in that salary ban for longer. Esp for overpaid sectors currently.

Look at the stock market, it is a leading indicator, yr salary will perform accordingly to the sectors.

Unregistered 08-06-2022 08:16 AM

Quote:

Stfu you dumbass. Money is money LOL.

You start lower to get higher pay increments? AHAHAHAHAHAHA

God bless you kid, cope harder with your tinfoil hat logic.

Unregistered 08-06-2022 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 220882)
Stfu you dumbass. Money is money LOL.

You start lower to get higher pay increments? AHAHAHAHAHAHA

God bless you kid, cope harder with your tinfoil hat logic.

Just a DBS tech seed worker proud about his $5.5k pay without 13th month.

Unregistered 08-06-2022 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 220889)
Just a DBS tech seed worker proud about his $5.5k pay without 13th month.

Yeah, pathetic chaps who accepted SEED over micron. From the way they speak, looks like they are lowly too. They shall start "high"and get sacked at the end of programme.

Unregistered 08-06-2022 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 220892)
Yeah, pathetic chaps who accepted SEED over micron. From the way they speak, looks like they are lowly too. They shall start "high"and get sacked at the end of programme.

Yup. And anyone with any sort of education will know Micron is a semiconductor coy and not a tech coy.

Unregistered 08-06-2022 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 220892)

diam la

this thread about micron, you talk about seed for fk? go back to ur SEED thread u seeder trash, dont come micron thread talk about some trash programme.

Unregistered 09-06-2022 02:08 AM

LEGIT QN HERE, how come micron only offers ah mao ah gous? me and a few FCH friends applied to micron for the lolz after hearing about the 7k+ starting pay, and none of us hear anything from them. in contrast this literal special needs guy from my batch got offered. also, last time during our 2018 freshman camp, a senior came back to give us an "inspirational talk". apparently that guy's CAP was only 2+ and he flexed about still getting a job micron. im real confused about their hiring selection process

Unregistered 09-06-2022 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 221040)
LEGIT QN HERE, how come micron only offers ah mao ah gous? me and a few FCH friends applied to micron for the lolz after hearing about the 7k+ starting pay, and none of us hear anything from them. in contrast this literal special needs guy from my batch got offered. also, last time during our 2018 freshman camp, a senior came back to give us an "inspirational talk". apparently that guy's CAP was only 2+ and he flexed about still getting a job micron. im real confused about their hiring selection process

who knew that employers actually prioritize actual skills over a slip of paper?

Unregistered 09-06-2022 10:14 AM

Quote:

I think you applied for the wrong company. Nobody ever claimed Micron offered $7k starting pay. Now go back to your tech seed thread.

Unregistered 09-06-2022 06:45 PM

for ppl without tech background micron pays really well, any idea how they keep hiring fresh grad n paying so high?

Unregistered 09-06-2022 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 221115)
for ppl without tech background micron pays really well, any idea how they keep hiring fresh grad n paying so high?

mass hiring + trash company

no surprise

try tiktok / bytedance, all u scrubs 100% get rejected, 0 chance.

Unregistered 10-06-2022 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 221041)
who knew that employers actually prioritize actual skills over a slip of paper?

Special needs and failing every module are actual skills?

Unregistered 10-06-2022 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 221177)
Special needs and failing every module are actual skills?

What skills do you need for micron lol it's a unpopular garbage company

You tell people u work at micron most people have 0 idea wtf is a micron they'll just think u have a micro penis instead

Unregistered 10-06-2022 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 221187)

You tell people u work at micron most people have 0 idea wtf is a micron they'll just think u have a micro penis instead

Another DBS tech seeder not happy about their $5.5k pay without 13th month?

Unregistered 10-06-2022 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 221190)
Another DBS tech seeder not happy about their $5.5k pay without 13th month?

literally no one here has any idea wtf you're on about with this DBS tech seeder nonsense lol

cope harder kid, maybe respond to the salary band argument where you got destroyed.

start lower = climb higher

LMFAO actually brain dead, 100% you have 0 YOE.

Unregistered 10-06-2022 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 221187)

Micron is so popular MNC, it hires around 8000 people in Singapore alone.
A lot of people know Micron lah.
I think is u and your friends r a frog in a well, dunno what is Micron.

Unregistered 10-06-2022 05:40 PM

Micron is a F500 company lol it's huge... it's not some small company.

But yeah most people in SG won't know compared to other F500 companies like say Visa, Microsoft, Apple, Nvidia, AMD etc...

We don't use Micron product / services so most people won't know.

Unregistered 11-06-2022 12:52 PM

I dont understand why there are many people here behind their keyboard have beef with Micron. It is in fortune 500 list.

s://fortune.com/company/micron-technology/fortune500/

Unregistered 11-06-2022 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 221368)
I dont understand why there are many people here behind their keyboard have beef with Micron. It is in fortune 500 list.

s://fortune.com/company/micron-technology/fortune500/

F500 very big deal?

Unregistered 11-06-2022 01:08 PM

Quote:

It's possible that FCH who work there tend to leave at a greater rate, so might as well hire the lousier graduates and also no need pay them as high a starting salary. The nature of job at micron doesnt require FCH as well

Unregistered 11-06-2022 06:31 PM

yoo peeps,

I am currently working at micron. One month in and will be leaving for another company from next month. Wanted to give some insights if it's helpful for some of you to join.

To me, culture is the most important consideration so will mostly talk about that. Micron has a very individualistic kind of culture. It is good if you are someone who doesn't want to make friends, don't want to bother with who is who, and mind your own business. You and your computer = happy life. But if you are someone who is outgoing, this place is not for you. People sitting opp to you will team msg you instead of getting up to speak directly. They would bring lunch up and eat it while watching videos instead of sitting with someone.

As a huge company, I feel it is very well managed with established processes that are very efficient. For some this is great, but for others, this might make things boring.

Jobs are responsibility based, you can do whatever you want as long as you deliver. OT is necessary (8am to 8pm is a normal day) due to workload but you are compensated with the max now $7500. Note: People in my team often exceed the cap. They really need more people no joke. Attrition is very high, majority of people only stay put because they want money (perhaps wanna pay back home/car loan asap).

Your first promotion is in 1 year's time and the increment is expected to be less than $500. Variable bonus = 1.3 months * your performance multiplier * company performance multiplier (this is trash for some, but the overall package for engineering is good definitely above avg)

Some benefits that you might not know about:

1. in house GYM
2. $5 subsidy for lunch every day (it's more than enough if you don't take a drink) food is no bad
3. they are not so specific about the work time, you can be a bit late.
4. one WFH day a week.

This is just from 1 mth of being inside and might not be the complete picture, so take it with a pinch of salt. :)

Unregistered 11-06-2022 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 221395)
yoo peeps,

I am currently working at micron. One month in and will be leaving for another company from next month. Wanted to give some insights if it's helpful for some of you to join.

To me, culture is the most important consideration so will mostly talk about that. Micron has a very individualistic kind of culture. It is good if you are someone who doesn't want to make friends, don't want to bother with who is who, and mind your own business. You and your computer = happy life. But if you are someone who is outgoing, this place is not for you. People sitting opp to you will team msg you instead of getting up to speak directly. They would bring lunch up and eat it while watching videos instead of sitting with someone.

As a huge company, I feel it is very well managed with established processes that are very efficient. For some this is great, but for others, this might make things boring.

Jobs are responsibility based, you can do whatever you want as long as you deliver. OT is necessary (8am to 8pm is a normal day) due to workload but you are compensated with the max now $7500. Note: People in my team often exceed the cap. They really need more people no joke. Attrition is very high, majority of people only stay put because they want money (perhaps wanna pay back home/car loan asap).

Your first promotion is in 1 year's time and the increment is expected to be less than $500. Variable bonus = 1.3 months * your performance multiplier * company performance multiplier (this is trash for some, but the overall package for engineering is good definitely above avg)

1. in house GYM
2. $5 subsidy for lunch every day (it's more than enough if you don't take a drink) food is no bad
4. one WFH day a week.

This is just from 1 mth of being inside and might not be the complete picture, so take it with a pinch of salt. :)

add on: people are actually helpful if you ask, security is not cocky like most places (they will greet you in the morning most of the time, which is a good start of the day)

Unregistered 11-06-2022 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 221395)
yoo peeps,

1. in house GYM
4. one WFH day a week.

u are fresh grad? so what is the yearly total comp looking like now?