Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Micron starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1787-micron-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 11-06-2022 09:26 PM

Hi, which role were you from?

Unregistered 12-06-2022 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 221405)
u are fresh grad? so what is the yearly total comp looking like now?

Base pay: 5k
AWS: 1 mth
Target Bonus /variable bonus: 10% (1.3m * performance multipliers)

Unregistered 12-06-2022 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 221412)
Hi, which role were you from?

Without being too specific, since I am still working there. It’s a non manufacturing/facility role. Like in my role I do not have to enter the fab. it’s not a shift job. I still work at the woodlands plant where the wafers are manufacturered.

Unregistered 12-06-2022 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 221405)
u are fresh grad? so what is the yearly total comp looking like now?

Yes gresh grad

Unregistered 12-06-2022 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 221395)
yoo peeps,

I am currently working at micron. One month in and will be leaving for another company from next month. Wanted to give some insights if it's helpful for some of you to join.

To me, culture is the most important consideration so will mostly talk about that. Micron has a very individualistic kind of culture. It is good if you are someone who doesn't want to make friends, don't want to bother with who is who, and mind your own business. You and your computer = happy life. But if you are someone who is outgoing, this place is not for you. People sitting opp to you will team msg you instead of getting up to speak directly. They would bring lunch up and eat it while watching videos instead of sitting with someone.

As a huge company, I feel it is very well managed with established processes that are very efficient. For some this is great, but for others, this might make things boring.

Jobs are responsibility based, you can do whatever you want as long as you deliver. OT is necessary (8am to 8pm is a normal day) due to workload but you are compensated with the max now $7500. Note: People in my team often exceed the cap. They really need more people no joke. Attrition is very high, majority of people only stay put because they want money (perhaps wanna pay back home/car loan asap).

Your first promotion is in 1 year's time and the increment is expected to be less than $500. Variable bonus = 1.3 months * your performance multiplier * company performance multiplier (this is trash for some, but the overall package for engineering is good definitely above avg)

Some benefits that you might not know about:

1. in house GYM
2. $5 subsidy for lunch every day (it's more than enough if you don't take a drink) food is no bad
3. they are not so specific about the work time, you can be a bit late.
4. one WFH day a week.

This is just from 1 mth of being inside and might not be the complete picture, so take it with a pinch of salt. :)

Thanks for the insights! Quite detailed review on the work culture.

I will soon join Micron as well, specifically in the R&D.

Unregistered 13-06-2022 05:40 AM

Quote:

yoo peeps,

I am currently working at micron. One month in and will be leaving for another company from next month. Wanted to give some insights if it's helpful for some of you to join.

To me, culture is the most important consideration so will mostly talk about that. Micron has a very individualistic kind of culture. It is good if you are someone who doesn't want to make friends, don't want to bother with who is who, and mind your own business. You and your computer = happy life. But if you are someone who is outgoing, this place is not for you. People sitting opp to you will team msg you instead of getting up to speak directly. They would bring lunch up and eat it while watching videos instead of sitting with someone.

As a huge company, I feel it is very well managed with established processes that are very efficient. For some this is great, but for others, this might make things boring.

Jobs are responsibility based, you can do whatever you want as long as you deliver. OT is necessary (8am to 8pm is a normal day) due to workload but you are compensated with the max now $7500. Note: People in my team often exceed the cap. They really need more people no joke. Attrition is very high, majority of people only stay put because they want money (perhaps wanna pay back home/car loan asap).

Your first promotion is in 1 year's time and the increment is expected to be less than $500. Variable bonus = 1.3 months * your performance multiplier * company performance multiplier (this is trash for some, but the overall package for engineering is good definitely above avg)

1. in house GYM
2. $5 subsidy for lunch every day (it's more than enough if you don't take a drink) food is no bad
4. one WFH day a week.

This is just from 1 mth of being inside and might not be the complete picture, so take it with a pinch of salt. :)

Jeez. Sounds very similar to my old workplace. Manufacturing company as well. Everyone is very individualistic. Go out and eat lunch also like talk about work only. Very little local though (in my dept). Stayed there 2 months and left. Felt like going home when i reached office everyday and that's only during the first month.

Unregistered 13-06-2022 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 221369)
F500 very big deal?

Got bigger than ST or not?

Unregistered 15-06-2022 04:28 PM

Salary

Anyone can share whether the salary for E2 and E3 will be adjusted as well? Will be joining as E3 soon.. many thanks!

Unregistered 15-06-2022 08:14 PM

What type of job can swe with 1 yr exp fit in for micron?

Unregistered 16-06-2022 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 222106)
What type of job can swe with 1 yr exp fit in for micron?

Get in planning, they want to automate alot of things. But there could be better options

Unregistered 16-06-2022 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 222158)
Get in planning, they want to automate alot of things. But there could be better options

Is planning department good?

Unregistered 16-06-2022 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 221446)
Thanks for the insights! Quite detailed review on the work culture.

I will soon join Micron as well, specifically in the R&D.

You mean NTI? If yes, good for u, perhaps u’d get to travel to boise

Unregistered 18-06-2022 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 222324)
You mean NTI? If yes, good for u, perhaps u’d get to travel to boise

Hi, I will join the Singapore Technology Department at Micron.

Unregistered 19-06-2022 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 222160)
Is planning department good?

I am the OP of a recent 1 month and quitting the post. Since I have already handed in my resignation, I can say that I was from Planning Department.

Unregistered 19-06-2022 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 222059)
Anyone can share whether the salary for E2 and E3 will be adjusted as well? Will be joining as E3 soon.. many thanks!

If you are joining soon, ur offer will already be the latest one. The salary bump happened in May compensation.

Unregistered 20-06-2022 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 221686)
Got bigger than ST or not?

One thing for sure salary way higher than ST. lol.

Unregistered 23-06-2022 01:47 AM

Hi guys, would like to know how many sub department is there under MFG ENGINEER?

Unregistered 23-06-2022 01:48 AM

Quote:

yoo peeps,

1. in house GYM
4. one WFH day a week.

Hi bro, so which company are you going to? Is the pay wise the same? Can give some hint?

Unregistered 23-06-2022 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 222806)
One thing for sure salary way higher than ST. lol.

nope, ST now pays 5.4k for fresh grads

micron is 5k

Unregistered 23-06-2022 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unregistered (Post 223129)
nope, st now pays 5.4k for fresh grads

micron is 5k

lol lol lol lol

Unregistered 23-06-2022 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223133)
lol lol lol lol

ST is a better company than micron anyday. Even they are raising salary too keep up with trends.

Unregistered 23-06-2022 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223129)
nope, ST now pays 5.4k for fresh grads

micron is 5k

Sure bo?!

someone from ST please verify this

Unregistered 23-06-2022 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223174)
Sure bo?!

i can confirm

Unregistered 23-06-2022 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223176)
i can confirm

Basically, anyone can write this.

Unregistered 24-06-2022 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223178)

then u ask for fk?

dumbass

Unregistered 24-06-2022 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223207)
then u ask for fk?

dumbass

I am not the one who was asking. No need to be rude, why people become not civil when online?

Unregistered 24-06-2022 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223216)
I am not the one who was asking. No need to be rude, why people become not civil when online?

Unregistered 24-06-2022 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223217)

I agree.

Dumbasses

Unregistered 24-06-2022 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223178)

simi lj u ask then u say this?? lame la troll somewhere else

Unregistered 25-06-2022 01:12 PM

Quote:

Sure bo?!

I can confirm

Unregistered 25-06-2022 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223365)
I can confirm

Unregistered 27-06-2022 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223418)

Unregistered 27-06-2022 06:16 PM

Quote:

Sure bo?!

My friend is receiving 5.2k. But he's a scholar with ST and has FCH. They still pay according to the honors class

Unregistered 27-06-2022 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223110)
Hi bro, so which company are you going to? Is the pay wise the same? Can give some hint?

what kind of hints mate? I am going to a regional MNC, nothing fancy... their pay is lower for fresh grads, but I am in a grad program where the pay is similar with a slightly higher bonus as compared to Micron.

Unregistered 27-06-2022 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223591)
what kind of hints mate? I am going to a regional MNC, nothing fancy... their pay is lower for fresh grads, but I am in a grad program where the pay is similar with a slightly higher bonus as compared to Micron.

so your new job is higher total comp? whats the TC u can expect from ur new job vs micron? inclusive of the OT pay and all?

Unregistered 27-06-2022 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223590)
My friend is receiving 5.2k. But he's a scholar with ST and has FCH. They still pay according to the honors class

Unregistered 28-06-2022 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223597)

I can confirm

Unregistered 28-06-2022 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223630)
I can confirm

Unregistered 28-06-2022 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223591)

haha I will be straight to the point. Which company? hahahha is it globalfoundries, applied materials, qualcomm? hahah

Unregistered 28-06-2022 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223661)
haha I will be straight to the point. Which company? hahahha is it globalfoundries, applied materials, qualcomm? hahah

hahaha no hahahah