Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Micron starting pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1787-micron-starting-pay.html)

jobhunter1234 15-03-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 34309)
Any mention of the starting pay?

Nope. Haven progress to that stage yet. But it won't be diploma lvls kind of salary lah.

Unregistered 15-03-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jobhunter1234 (Post 34311)
Nope. Haven progress to that stage yet. But it won't be diploma lvls kind of salary lah.

can share how long is it roughly from ur application to receiving call for interview?

jobhunter1234 15-03-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 34313)
can share how long is it roughly from ur application to receiving call for interview?

within 2 weeks. I really applause their high efficiency. Everything is fast...

Unregistered 15-03-2013 08:14 PM

Anyone working in Micron and knows the salary level? I heard there's technical and management level.

jobhunter1234 15-03-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 34316)
Anyone working in Micron and knows the salary level? I heard there's technical and management level.

Management level as in? Mangerial positions?

Fresh graduates in non technical areas I believe is around 3.2 k

IMO the starting salary is not that attractive.. :)

Unregistered 18-03-2013 12:18 PM

applied for a non engineer post on jobstreet but the status becomes 'no status'. Means i am not shortlisted or the post already closed??

anyone has this experience before?

Unregistered 18-03-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jobhunter1234 (Post 34314)
within 2 weeks. I really applause their high efficiency. Everything is fast...

i wonder if they accept fresh grads from UOL?

jobhunter1234 18-03-2013 12:33 PM

I was told that 3.5k starting salary was too high for non-eng position. But outside fresh diploma holder already getting like 3.2k.

Feel like wanting to enter civil service :p

Unregistered 18-03-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jobhunter1234 (Post 34433)
I was told that 3.5k starting salary was too high for non-eng position. But outside fresh diploma holder already getting like 3.2k.

Feel like wanting to enter civil service :p

Really? which diploma gets 3.2k fresh? diploma in god mode?

Unregistered 18-03-2013 05:00 PM

I heard micron pays bonus twice per year. Anyone care to share their bonus for last year?

Unregistered 22-03-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 34470)
I heard micron pays bonus twice per year. Anyone care to share their bonus for last year?

Not sure how well they pay for bonus. But heard the environment could be quite stressful at times.

Unregistered 22-03-2013 03:00 PM

Don't be fooled by the bonus thing. Last year we got nothing and even if you do, is less than 1 month per payment. Negotiate your base salary high, cause this bonus thing is practically non-existence.

Unregistered 22-03-2013 03:31 PM

Micron is famous for overworking ppl and poor bonus. Fresh grads must nego for at least 3.7k because the total package is really only base salary and nothing else, compare to other place with good allowance, bonus and benefit.

The HR quite good at undercutting ppl saying got payscale got policy etc, all bluff one, totally no consistency inside at all. So my advise is to make a tough stand and prepare to walk off if they offer lower than that.

Unregistered 22-03-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 34685)
Micron is famous for overworking ppl and poor bonus. Fresh grads must nego for at least 3.7k because the total package is really only base salary and nothing else, compare to other place with good allowance, bonus and benefit.

The HR quite good at undercutting ppl saying got payscale got policy etc, all bluff one, totally no consistency inside at all. So my advise is to make a tough stand and prepare to walk off if they offer lower than that.

Geez. Really! I asked for 3.5k for non-technical position and have been told that asking salary is too high. Lol...I won't settle for anything lower than 3.5k...initially was thinking could it be too high, however, didn't feel comfortable with anything less than that. Wow...did anyone managed to ask for 3.7k..that's really high.

Unregistered 22-03-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 34684)
Don't be fooled by the bonus thing. Last year we got nothing and even if you do, is less than 1 month per payment. Negotiate your base salary high, cause this bonus thing is practically non-existence.

Really?? so bad that there was no bonus last year! I really have to re-consider my option wisely. How about employee share scheme and medical benefits etc?

jobhunter1234 22-03-2013 08:09 PM

Are the benefits similar throughout all the fab plants?

Unregistered 23-03-2013 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jobhunter1234 (Post 34695)
Are the benefits similar throughout all the fab plants?

No market reviews for 2 years already you still want to join??

Ppl are promoted, with NO PAY INcrease also this year.

Unregistered 23-03-2013 05:58 AM

Do you know what kind of commodities that is under the portfolio? If you are interested in a career in procurement, it's good to set your sight in a role managing mechanical, electro-mechanical commodities. There is relatively higher demand for it in the market.

Unregistered 23-03-2013 05:09 PM

i would advise ppl to avoid joining - i have heard too many ugly stories

jobhunter1234 23-03-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 34733)
i would advise ppl to avoid joining - i have heard too many ugly stories

Hi. Would be keen to know. Pls share as these will be very impt for someone considering joining them. Ur stories particularly to a single fab or in general? I wish to know more bout fab 10

Unregistered 23-03-2013 05:18 PM

Micron benefits are very basic and havent been increased for very long already, the medical outpatient claim is a joke.

The increment budget was only 2% last year, so HR gave most of the money to top performer and hi-po, most of us got nothing. Bonus seem to depend on the plant and your dept, I got 0.8 mth, but heard some others got nothing.

Pay was 4100 with 2 year exp, but with so lousy bonus and benefit, the total package end up much lower than my peers.

Unregistered 23-03-2013 05:24 PM

i am not sure about fab10, but now it is 100% micron owned, as they have purchased it over from the 50:50 ownership of intel:micron, so i would assume they will follow similar micron policies in terms of compensation and benefits.

the company has been making losses after losses since 2nd half of 2011, and recently i have been hearing people getting promotions without increment, compensation not being adjusted to a point that fresh grads that joins have a higher basic than someone of 3 yrs exp, etc. based on personal experience, the technical work is definitely engaging, not some paperboy with an engineer title, but the compensation level will start to become a big consideration as time goes by

jobhunter1234 23-03-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 34737)
i am not sure about fab10, but now it is 100% micron owned, as they have purchased it over from the 50:50 ownership of intel:micron, so i would assume they will follow similar micron policies in terms of compensation and benefits.

the company has been making losses after losses since 2nd half of 2011, and recently i have been hearing people getting promotions without increment, compensation not being adjusted to a point that fresh grads that joins have a higher basic than someone of 3 yrs exp, etc. based on personal experience, the technical work is definitely engaging, not some paperboy with an engineer title, but the compensation level will start to become a big consideration as time goes by

Thanks. This is really insightful. I might just join for a short period of time to gain experience and exit to other industry after that.btw, I'm not going for tećhnical position.

Unregistered 23-03-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jobhunter1234 (Post 34738)
Thanks. This is really insightful. I might just join for a short period of time to gain experience and exit to other industry after that.btw, I'm not going for tećhnical position.

i am not sure what u will be joining as, but the hard skills u gain in technical positions are hardly transferable when changing industry

jobhunter1234 23-03-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 34739)
i am not sure what u will be joining as, but the hard skills u gain in technical positions are hardly transferable when changing industry

Yea. I believe so for the engineers. That is not for me to worry since my position is nothing technical and likely to be transferable.

Unregistered 23-03-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jobhunter1234 (Post 34740)
Yea. I believe so for the engineers. That is not for me to worry since my position is nothing technical and likely to be transferable.

i've read that u are going in to do procurement.. i think fab10 might be a good jumping board to start provided the starting pay is good. nand flash is still in demand so there is a chance for fab10 to expand, and as such u will likely have some exposure in procuring equipments to meet the expansion demand (just what i think)

jobhunter1234 23-03-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 34744)
i've read that u are going in to do procurement.. i think fab10 might be a good jumping board to start provided the starting pay is good. nand flash is still in demand so there is a chance for fab10 to expand, and as such u will likely have some exposure in procuring equipments to meet the expansion demand (just what i think)

Yea. Thanks.. I'm hoping to gain some experience and transfer it to my next job. I think having procurement experience from MNC is good and highly transferable regardless of industries. Sure to negotiate a good starting pay otherwise would just drop it for other options.

Maxco 10-05-2013 10:13 PM

Micron

i have been working in micron since 2010 dec

Joined with diploma with 1800 basic , fresh grad and no experience as a technician.
pay was increased to 1900 after 1 year.

bonus was 2 month basic, but around 2011, bonus was changed to one month
but additional $100 is added to basic pay to compensate.
in 2012 there was a profit sharing of $1800

So in the 2012 , my basic pay was $2000 , shift allowance was round $270 per month ,1 month fixed bonus and profit sharing of $1800

On some months ,my pay managed to hit $3100 nett after OT.
Those were the good times as there were many OTs, and now OT has been
cut drastically in my department.

Every department is managed differently, on some departments OTs are plenty.

Working environment is good as you work in AC environment.
Office Politics as usual, some are preferred by management even if the other
is better in term of skills.

Join and try out if u like, in fact, you have to experience it by yourself to be
the enlightened one :)

End of the day, its the Pay that matters
Experience Various industries while you are young and daring.

jobhunter1234 10-05-2013 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxco (Post 36749)
i have been working in micron since 2010 dec

Joined with diploma with 1800 basic , fresh grad and no experience as a technician.
pay was increased to 1900 after 1 year.

bonus was 2 month basic, but around 2011, bonus was changed to one month
but additional $100 is added to basic pay to compensate.
in 2012 there was a profit sharing of $1800

So in the 2012 , my basic pay was $2000 , shift allowance was round $270 per month ,1 month fixed bonus and profit sharing of $1800

On some months ,my pay managed to hit $3100 nett after OT.
Those were the good times as there were many OTs, and now OT has been
cut drastically in my department.

Every department is managed differently, on some departments OTs are plenty.

Working environment is good as you work in AC environment.
Office Politics as usual, some are preferred by management even if the other
is better in term of skills.

Join and try out if u like, in fact, you have to experience it by yourself to be
the enlightened one :)

End of the day, its the Pay that matters
Experience Various industries while you are young and daring.

Was trying to analyze that. But I guess the salary not too attractive and perhaps working in the public sector would be way better.

Unregistered 13-06-2015 06:10 PM

Micron Procurment Engineer Starting pay

Hi all, I have recently given an offer by Micron for the procurement engineer position. Not sure abt the salary yet but i heard from all my other friends that procurement starting pay is always 2+k. Is that true?

I'm from NTU with second upper honour from engineering course.

Unregistered 13-06-2015 06:43 PM

I went for the interview 1.5 years ago and it is the same position that you have mentioned, procurement engineer. I don't think it is such a nice job, if it is such a nice job, then I think they won't be recruiting so often. I asked for 3k and didn't manage to get the salary and was asked if I could lower my expectation. I don't think micron as a semicon company will be willing to pay high salary. But I have to say that the I interview process is quite professional.

Unregistered 19-01-2016 10:16 PM

Any updates about the pay of procurement engineer from the previous cycle? Feel like applying for the position. But worried about the career progression and the "feel-good" aspect of the position.

Any advice from seniors?

Unregistered 20-01-2016 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78376)
Any updates about the pay of procurement engineer from the previous cycle? Feel like applying for the position. But worried about the career progression and the "feel-good" aspect of the position.

Any advice from seniors?

Why not just apply when you actually get the offer than talk about this kind of fluffy things? Even if you apply its like 1 in 50 chances of getting anyway...

Unregistered 10-03-2016 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 68116)
I went for the interview 1.5 years ago and it is the same position that you have mentioned, procurement engineer. I don't think it is such a nice job, if it is such a nice job, then I think they won't be recruiting so often. I asked for 3k and didn't manage to get the salary and was asked if I could lower my expectation. I don't think micron as a semicon company will be willing to pay high salary. But I have to say that the I interview process is quite professional.

Hi, are you jobhunter1234?

Anyone know the current starting salary of a procurement engineer in Micron?

Unregistered 22-03-2017 11:45 AM

Hi guys

any idea what is the starting pay for micron engineering position now?

Unregistered 28-06-2017 11:18 PM

Heard is about 3.2 - 3.5k for fresh grads..

Unregistered 07-09-2017 11:30 AM

My friend got 3800+300 as a fresh grad for a engineering position. I think it depends on the type of role that you are involved in. OT can claim additional pay somemore.

Unregistered 28-04-2018 05:17 PM

how much does someone(NTU degree) with 12-13 years of experience in Micron as an engineer get paid? What is the basic salary range ?

Unregistered 07-01-2022 09:27 PM

New pay for all engineering fresh grads:

Second upper honours: 4k Base
or else: 38k base

Unregistered 07-01-2022 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196831)
New pay for all engineering fresh grads:

Second upper honours: 4k Base
or else: 38k base

wow so little