Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   HR-related Jobs - How much are you earning? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1768-hr-related-jobs-how-much-you-earning.html)

Unregistered 17-09-2012 05:04 PM

It is better to keep quiet to let people think you are stupid and talk and show you are a retard.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 28307)
First off please cut the ad hominem attacks about my supposed bitterness and self-doubt, you dont know me & I dont know you, so just stick with the issue at hand. Let's do a recap of the facts at hand:

1. You made an outrageous claim that you & many others in your HR industry had plenty of experience and opportunities in engaging with CEO & Directors as well as taking part in board meetings.

2. I called out your BS because it sounded outlandish and totally incongruant with the corporate landscape I am familiar with - that some fresh grad or junior hr staff is going to go around presenting to a board committe & engaging with CEOs on business of the day.

3. You then tried to wriggle your way out by applying clever lingual gymnastics on two key words - "engage" and "CEO"

4. You you re-defined "engage" by admiting that the presenter in board meeting is not yourself, but someone senior. But this is accompanied by a meaningless caveat "provide justifications in matters where the main presenter is unable to." Nice try. Did I also tell you that in my first year as an auditor, I had a 1-on-1 session with the "CFO" of a blue chip local listed company to clarify his provision procedures? It was mainly a procedural meeting and we both did what we had to do. Unlike you, I am not so thick skinned to go around sharing that I was having a "completely end to end experience", engaging with a board director or some such nonsense.

5. Secondly you made a word play on the definition of "CEO". You response was that the earlier bombastic pronouncements about CEOs were made in reference to local SME bosses. True to the word but disfavoring to the spirit. A rather disingineous way to get out of a tight spot on what was definitely an attempt to exaggerate through nuances earlier.

6. To further cover up for your bar room bloviations, you admonished me not to be bitter and to open and broaden my horizons - big words for a fresh grad who has no meaningful work experience to date.

I surmise your few months in hr consulting as full of sound & fury that amounts to what is perhaps a fairly typical and average novice experience that could have been offered by many other jobs in many other industries.

Is HR consulting bad? I don't know but probably not since every craft has its trade. Is the experience as unique and enriching as your initial potrayal? Definitely no.

Unregistered 17-09-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 28185)
will a person with Bsc in International Business & Marketing be able to be employed into the HR area of work ?

hi guys in HR.
still awaiting an advice.

I am considering taking this Bsc in International Business & Marketing course

example:

Guy A holding a HRM degree

Guy B holding a International Business Degree

Both 0 - min experience, which one will a HR manager choose to employ ?

Unregistered 17-09-2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 28325)
He is more like consultant office sweeper with that kind of poor english. Cbee is very obvious a high flyer who is sharing his insight in HR and very obvious this guy just want to cause trouble when he know nothing at all. Just like government want to act elitist but clueless what is going on.

Don't bother with this kind of pathetic loser. Now that he is blasted by so many forumers maybe he is hiding and dont dare to come back anymore.

Unregistered 17-09-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 28307)
First off please cut the ad hominem attacks about my supposed bitterness and self-doubt, you dont know me & I dont know you, so just stick with the issue at hand. Let's do a recap of the facts at hand:

1. You made an outrageous claim that you & many others in your HR industry had plenty of experience and opportunities in engaging with CEO & Directors as well as taking part in board meetings.

It is very normal for low level consultants to talk to Board of Directors even for big MNC. This just show your ignorance of what is going on.

Quote:

2. I called out your BS because it sounded outlandish and totally incongruant with the corporate landscape I am familiar with - that some fresh grad or junior hr staff is going to go around presenting to a board committe & engaging with CEOs on business of the day.
Are you some old uncle from civil service? The world has move away from seniority, now all the companies have open door policy and anyone including pantry lady can just talk to the CEO straight away. Only civil service practice everything must go by rank and get approval.

Quote:

3. You then tried to wriggle your way out by applying clever lingual gymnastics on two key words - "engage" and "CEO"

4. You you re-defined "engage" by admiting that the presenter in board meeting is not yourself, but someone senior. But this is accompanied by a meaningless caveat "provide justifications in matters where the main presenter is unable to." Nice try. Did I also tell you that in my first year as an auditor, I had a 1-on-1 session with the "CFO" of a blue chip local listed company to clarify his provision procedures? It was mainly a procedural meeting and we both did what we had to do. Unlike you, I am not so thick skinned to go around sharing that I was having a "completely end to end experience", engaging with a board director or some such nonsense.
Board meeting is just for senior management is get together chit chat. You sound like a low level manager who has no idea, senior managers only arrow people below to do things and play politics to move up. Mostly they are dumber than even fresh grad, just good at playing office politics.

Quote:

5. Secondly you made a word play on the definition of "CEO". You response was that the earlier bombastic pronouncements about CEOs were made in reference to local SME bosses. True to the word but disfavoring to the spirit. A rather disingineous way to get out of a tight spot on what was definitely an attempt to exaggerate through nuances earlier.
So what, CEO is CEO. Does not matter if is SME or Apple.

Quote:

6. To further cover up for your bar room bloviations, you admonished me not to be bitter and to open and broaden my horizons - big words for a fresh grad who has no meaningful work experience to date.
You should go out and know more about the world, you have a narrow view base on some 1970s concept.

Unregistered 17-09-2012 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 28332)
It is very normal for low level consultants to talk to Board of Directors even for big MNC. This just show your ignorance of what is going on.

Are you some old uncle from civil service? The world has move away from seniority, now all the companies have open door policy and anyone including pantry lady can just talk to the CEO straight away. Only civil service practice everything must go by rank and get approval.

Board meeting is just for senior management is get together chit chat. You sound like a low level manager who has no idea, senior managers only arrow people below to do things and play politics to move up. Mostly they are dumber than even fresh grad, just good at playing office politics.

So what, CEO is CEO. Does not matter if is SME or Apple.

You should go out and know more about the world, you have a narrow view base on some 1970s concept.

Well said !!!!!

Unregistered 17-09-2012 11:49 PM

haha... really. pantry ladies and dishwashers can all rub shoulders with CEOs? what nonsense.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 28332)

Unregistered 18-09-2012 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 28344)
haha... really. pantry ladies and dishwashers can all rub shoulders with CEOs? what nonsense.

he just mean now companies dont talk rank lah. some elitist guy earlier very rude keep insist that CEO will only talk to senior consultant and not entry level consultant.

Unregistered 18-09-2012 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 28349)
he just mean now companies dont talk rank lah. some elitist guy earlier very rude keep insist that CEO will only talk to senior consultant and not entry level consultant.

It still is. There is protocol. Moreover, the vendor company wouldn't wanna take such risks by allowing a junior employee to meet senior execs of client companies. Common sense.

Do you see the transport minister meeting a junior sales in a contractor firm to discuss the billion dollar rail project? Even if he wants to, does he have time and will the contractor boss even allow? Just an extreme example to wake up the dreamers.

Unregistered 18-09-2012 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 28353)
It still is. There is protocol. Moreover, the vendor company wouldn't wanna take such risks by allowing a junior employee to meet senior execs of client companies. Common sense.

Do you see the transport minister meeting a junior sales in a contractor firm to discuss the billion dollar rail project? Even if he wants to, does he have time and will the contractor boss even allow? Just an extreme example to wake up the dreamers.

Now even PM also talk national conversation with taxi driver.

So what is your background? You talk like some expert consultant like the elititst guy earlier, who determine the protocol? written in some law or company policy?

Sorry, although Cbee admit he a junior hr consultant, he sounds much more credible than you.

Unregistered 19-09-2012 03:06 PM

Overheard on the mrt yesterday, someone speaking to a recruiter.
Said he is looking for entry-level HR job, with WSQ diploma in HRM.
Expected salary - $3000!

:D :D :D