Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   HR-related Jobs - How much are you earning? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1768-hr-related-jobs-how-much-you-earning.html)

cbee 19-09-2012 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 28329)
hi guys in HR.
still awaiting an advice.

I am considering taking this Bsc in International Business & Marketing course

example:

Guy A holding a HRM degree

Guy B holding a International Business Degree

Both 0 - min experience, which one will a HR manager choose to employ ?

Hi, I think what ur asking is really too general and it's hard to give a concrete answer. I feel that disregarding all other factors such as interview skills or past experience, obviously if it was a HR opening you are talking about, a hiring manager would be more inclined towards meeting the candidate with a HRM degree. However, this is really really too generic and hard to say, for it really depends on the firm itself. generally the bigger and more established the firm, you should expect them to be more stringent on the major and university you are from. but I wouldn't rule out the possibility of at least getting an interview in the mid-to-smaller firms even with an unrelated degree. my advice would be if you are sure you want to do HR area of work in future, might as well get a HRM degree.

nobel 20-09-2012 09:06 AM

Hi I am a fresh grad (NUS Computing Science) have been offered a consultant position at a MNC recruitment company.

Basic is 3650, monthly incentive is 15% of billing and it goes up to 25% when exceed 2x target. Anyone can advise if this is good or can negotiate more?

Unregistered 20-09-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nobel (Post 28430)
Hi I am a fresh grad (NUS Computing Science) have been offered a consultant position at a MNC recruitment company.

Basic is 3650, monthly incentive is 15% of billing and it goes up to 25% when exceed 2x target. Anyone can advise if this is good or can negotiate more?

basic is ok, incentive depends on your quota. for eg. if you meet the quota at 1x how many months per year is the incentive? any allowance?

Unregistered 20-09-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

what class of honours?
male or female??

3650 is good starting pay!!!, my salary after 3 years can't even hit 3.4k even with 1 promotion

Unregistered 20-09-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

hmm fresh grad at $3650 starting pay ? 1st class honors ? haha
previous experience before entering Uni ?

Unregistered 20-09-2012 02:27 PM

Basically one born in a Baby boomer era vs a Y generation era mentality.

The Y Gen talk about freedom, it is a must to give them as we owe them while the Baby boomer talk about seniority, respect etc

So whom is right?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 28353)
It still is. There is protocol. Moreover, the vendor company wouldn't wanna take such risks by allowing a junior employee to meet senior execs of client companies. Common sense.

Do you see the transport minister meeting a junior sales in a contractor firm to discuss the billion dollar rail project? Even if he wants to, does he have time and will the contractor boss even allow? Just an extreme example to wake up the dreamers.

Unregistered 20-09-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 28434)
basic is ok, incentive depends on your quota. for eg. if you meet the quota at 1x how many months per year is the incentive? any allowance?

The quarterly quota is 50k, but no sharing for the first 20k. So that makes the incentive (50k - 20k) x 15% = $4500. So assume I meet quota in all 4 quarter then should be $4500 x 4 = $18,000. Works out to be ~5 months bonus if I can hit quota consistently for whole year.

Allowance not much only $200 monthly mainly for handphone.

nobel 20-09-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 28438)
what class of honours?
male or female??

3650 is good starting pay!!!, my salary after 3 years can't even hit 3.4k even with 1 promotion

No honors, pass with merit. Male. Anyway I dont think private companies care about honors or NS.

nobel 20-09-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 28434)

*** Double post***

The quarterly quota is 50k, but no sharing for the first 20k. So that makes the incentive (50k - 20k) x 15% = $4500. So assume I meet quota in all 4 quarter then should be $4500 x 4 = $18,000. Works out to be ~5 months bonus if I can hit quota consistently for whole year.

Allowance not much only $200 monthly mainly for handphone.

Unregistered 20-09-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nobel (Post 28448)
No honors, pass with merit. Male. Anyway I dont think private companies care about honors or NS.

experiences ???????