Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 06-04-2023 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245425)
You received an invitation? Can share how are they identified?

How exactly they are identified is classified information that EOs are not privy to. Only HR officers who deal with EO data will know the real process.

Generally, high leadership potential and long runway. This means: high CEP, young(er) age. How high exactly, and how young exactly, is not publicly available information.

If you fit the profile, and are centrally identified by HR, you will receive an invitation directly from them.

Unregistered 06-04-2023 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245425)
You received an invitation? Can share how are they identified?

Yes I did but I am not aware of the criteria though.

Unregistered 06-04-2023 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245426)
How exactly they are identified is classified information that EOs are not privy to. Only HR officers who deal with EO data will know the real process.

Generally, high leadership potential and long runway. This means: high CEP, young(er) age. How high exactly, and how young exactly, is not publicly available information.

If you fit the profile, and are centrally identified by HR, you will receive an invitation directly from them.

Thanks for the information! 😊

Unregistered 06-04-2023 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245428)

Scholar?

Can share what are some of your areas of work? PB A?

Unregistered 06-04-2023 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245405)
If by MOE's definition of a C = good, then yes. No As or Bs but no Ds either. Average joe

serious? why am i still stuck at geo3 , oh my, I have C,C+ and a B, oh my, I have been stuck at this for 8 years. non KP too.

Unregistered 06-04-2023 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245434)
serious? why am i still stuck at geo3 , oh my, I have C,C+ and a B, oh my, I have been stuck at this for 8 years. non KP too.

Unless one is a scholar with probably Perm Sec CEP, one is unlikely to have promotions every two or three years, or will eventually be stuck at either GEO5 or GEO5A till retirement, getting lousy PB yearly due to higher expectations of the grade, and for the very reason one has reached his or her maximum CEP. At the same time, doing sai kangs mostly unrelated to teaching, cause the scholars still can climb.

The system is uninspiring and detrimental to the mental health of both students and teachers. It is no wonder there are students who become siao and murder fellow students, or teachers who sabo other teachers for higher PB and grade. Why rank teachers when students should not be ranked?

Unregistered 06-04-2023 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245389)
Hi Has anyone been part of the Future Leaders Program? Is it worth participating? Appreciate your input. Thank you so much!

You have almost nothing to lose if you accept the offer, whereas if you decline the offer from the get go, you will probably never know what you have missed out on. The opportunity is a rare one, as far as opportunities go for EOs who are not high-tier scholars.

Try it out, and if you realise it's not for you, you can write in to withdraw anytime.

Unregistered 06-04-2023 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245359)
May I know how long have u been in service / at GEO5? Wonder when ceiling might be reached for me…

This is my 13th year in service, 4th year as a GEO 5

Unregistered 06-04-2023 05:17 PM

Is this year's MI really crappy or what - A grade, geo4 and just $287 increase. Lol

Unregistered 06-04-2023 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245428)

Nice! When did u receive the invitation?