Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 17-02-2021 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156368)
Best is to be able to resign from full time teaching and go into Fajt mode after accumulating enough savings

But FAJT also means subject to the needs of the school..have been seeing Fajt coming in and out of the school as school did not renew their contract.

Unregistered 18-02-2021 04:14 PM

My passion is to be a teacher

Hi.. I used to be an AED TnL. After the post phased off on 2016, I felt upset.

I love to teach secondary school math.

I enjoy teaching math to the students in the school that i worked at.

Now, i miss those to days so much. Where I look forward to every nee day.

Can someone help me if i can be a teacher?

I was from 5N, have diploma in computer engineering as well as degree in math from UniSIM (now SUSS). AED TnL for almost 11 years.

Unregistered 18-02-2021 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156477)
Hi.. I used to be an AED TnL. After the post phased off on 2016, I felt upset.

I love to teach secondary school math.

I enjoy teaching math to the students in the school that i worked at.

Now, i miss those to days so much. Where I look forward to every nee day.

Can someone help me if i can be a teacher?

I was from 5N, have diploma in computer engineering as well as degree in math from UniSIM (now SUSS). AED TnL for almost 11 years.

How to help when academic qualifications are not on par? These days, it's extremely hard to be a teacher. New teachers really have stellar academic and non academic achievements.

You should ask your ex school for help if you left on good terms. But if you left because they didn't renew your contract or etc then all the best.

It's very very very hard to be a teacher now.

Doctor phil 18-02-2021 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156502)
How to help when academic qualifications are not on par? These days, it's extremely hard to be a teacher. New teachers really have stellar academic and non academic achievements.

You should ask your ex school for help if you left on good terms. But if you left because they didn't renew your contract or etc then all the best.

It's very very very hard to be a teacher now.

Don't boliao lah. Top grads won't want to be teacher and have to deal with si ginna all day long. Tulan already also cannot scold CHAO CHEE BONG, what a sad life.

Unregistered 19-02-2021 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doctor phil (Post 156503)
Don't boliao lah. Top grads won't want to be teacher and have to deal with si ginna all day long. Tulan already also cannot scold CHAO CHEE BONG, what a sad life.

That's why teacher is there to help these students.
I enjoyed it during Aed days... But then, can't go back.
They do appreciate me teaching them math and helped them to pass.

Unregistered 19-02-2021 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doctor phil (Post 156503)

The new teachers that came on board. RJC, HCJC, NJC, VJC, you name it, you can find it.

Even during my time, quite some time ago. My practicum mates in the school were from nyghs, rgs, ri, who went to RJC and HCJC.

Chiongster 19-02-2021 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156633)
The new teachers that came on board. RJC, HCJC, NJC, VJC, you name it, you can find it.

Even during my time, quite some time ago. My practicum mates in the school were from nyghs, rgs, ri, who went to RJC and HCJC.

Then those are the beh kan ones in their batch. Come on la if I can go be doctor, lawyer, dentist or even make it to business school why would I want to play nanny to si gonna?

Unregistered 20-02-2021 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiongster (Post 156635)
Then those are the beh kan ones in their batch. Come on la if I can go be doctor, lawyer, dentist or even make it to business school why would I want to play nanny to si gonna?

Passion.. you know.

Unregistered 20-02-2021 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156633)

That's why.. they are not able to communicate math to weaker students and hence felt angry teaching them.

Unregistered 20-02-2021 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiongster (Post 156635)

You sound like a kiddo crying over spilled milk. Did I mentioned to you that some of them are scholars? One was as high as PSC overseas scholarship (teaching).

I last checked the entry requirements that it is easier to get into NBS than nie science. Haha

Shall not engage you already.