Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

kurashi 13-10-2021 11:16 PM

Hi

anyone from MOE, who understands the job hierarchy well can shed some light ?

I do see, senior head, manager, senior manager, Assistant director, etc., may I ask which how does the hierachy work?

Lets say, I am career switching to senior head role, what will be the most probable salary range?

Unregistered 14-10-2021 04:31 AM

For MX scale queries, think you're probably better off asking at the "Job Application with MOE (non-teaching position)" thread (can search for it).

Quote:

Originally Posted by kurashi (Post 186189)
Hi

anyone from MOE, who understands the job hierarchy well can shed some light ?

I do see, senior head, manager, senior manager, Assistant director, etc., may I ask which how does the hierachy work?

Lets say, I am career switching to senior head role, what will be the most probable salary range?

Unregistered 15-10-2021 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186059)
It takes years to hone apple polishing skills.
It is good for young managerial teachers to interact with vps and ps and various hods, to develop a longitudinal approach to strategic favoritism, that will last the change of principals.

just because one has good rapport, u call tat apple polishing.

Unregistered 17-10-2021 11:55 AM

Transport claim

Hi, under what scenarios can moe teachers claim reimbursement for private car hire transport?

Unregistered 17-10-2021 03:33 PM

What happens if…

You take mc for psle marking? Will you be ‘marked’?

Feeling unwell.

Unregistered 18-10-2021 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186774)
You take mc for psle marking? Will you be ‘marked’?

Feeling unwell.

Pls rest. Health is more impt. You are replaceable by the govt. but your family cannot replace you.

Tired, exhausted 18-10-2021 06:22 PM

Just wanted to rant

Hello all,

Just wanted to release some tension here. If all goes well, I will receive my Connect Plan payment next year. However, I am just so exhausted and drained from teaching. I desperately need a break!!!

Right now, I am barely hanging in there. I know the holidays are coming but it brings no relief whatsoever.

Unregistered 24-10-2021 10:15 PM

Take care

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tired, exhausted (Post 186987)
Hello all,

Just wanted to release some tension here. If all goes well, I will receive my Connect Plan payment next year. However, I am just so exhausted and drained from teaching. I desperately need a break!!!

Right now, I am barely hanging in there. I know the holidays are coming but it brings no relief whatsoever.

I've known of several fellow educators suffering from mental health issues due to stress from work. If need be, apply for NPL and take a break. It is not worth it to break down just for that ranking exercise, promotion, PB or CONNECT plan. Remember you can only offer your best when you are at your best state. Hopefully the system will be kinder to all teachers in time to be. Do speak to your close work friends who can offer you advice on what you can do. Take care and all the best.

Unregistered 24-10-2021 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tired, exhausted (Post 186987)
Hello all,

Please take a good break. Mental and physical health are utmost important.

Unregistered 25-10-2021 12:13 PM

anyone got any experience in teaching at pathlight? how was the experience there?