Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 09-02-2023 05:43 PM

Just curious - only grade 4 and above can be CPE/e-sup?

Unregistered 10-02-2023 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240098)
Just curious - only grade 4 and above can be CPE/e-sup?

No hard requirement. But no need kanchiong. Those duties will come to everyone eventually (whether you like it or not). Enjoy while you are not asked to do these.

Unregistered 10-02-2023 03:11 PM

Ok thanks
Asking cos in my school that seems to be the case - grade 4 and above usually take up these positions
Waiting for promotion sigh

Unregistered 10-02-2023 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240154)
Ok thanks
Asking cos in my school that seems to be the case - grade 4 and above usually take up these positions
Waiting for promotion sigh

How many years have you been in GEO3?

What have your performance grades been while in GEO3?

You can provide some of these info so that some people here can give you the advice for your approximate timeline.

Unregistered 11-02-2023 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240160)
How many years have you been in GEO3?

What have your performance grades been while in GEO3?

You can provide some of these info so that some people here can give you the advice for your approximate timeline.

Started in 2018, got promoted in 2020 to GEO3
2020 - C+
2021 - B
2022 - ?

During work review, RO mentioned that my work is way more than what GEO3 is supposed to do, esp. PD for peers (school sharing, cluster sharing, intl conferences, TLW etc). I know a bit of a wishful thinking but still crossing fingers.

Unregistered 11-02-2023 02:29 PM

Got promoted in 2020 to GEO3

2020 - C+
2021 - B
I think might be a B for 2022 as well.

RO mentioned that I am doing waaaayyy more than a GEO3 but not sure man. Did a lot in terms of PD for peers last year like sharings at school, cluster and international conferences, even TLW, but not too sure.

Unregistered 11-02-2023 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240197)

2020 - C+
2021 - B

RO mentioned that I am doing waaaayyy more than a GEO3 but not sure man. Did a lot in terms of PD for peers last year like sharings at school, cluster and international conferences, even TLW, but not too sure.

Don't think you need to worry. Should be considered high performer already, so promotion should be very soon. Are you a scholar?

Unregistered 11-02-2023 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240197)

2020 - C+
2021 - B

Given that we are seeing people stuck at GEO3 for up to 8 years in recent times, you should not feel that your rate of promotion is slow. You'll probably hit GEO4 this year or next, which is pretty much the fastest you can go unless you are an Education Merit scholar or above.

Unregistered 11-02-2023 04:42 PM

Thanks for the advice, appreciate it :)
Local scholar here, but I have switched schools because the working culture was very toxic at my precious posting, starting afresh this year. Even my bosses told me it was best to leave.
So if I don't get promoted this year, have to prove myself again at my new place and that will take time. So ya... doesn't help that my new place has many high performers but I have already told myself if no promotion then whatever will be will be la.

Unregistered 11-02-2023 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240207)
Thanks for the advice, appreciate it :)
Local scholar here, but I have switched schools because the working culture was very toxic at my precious posting, starting afresh this year. Even my bosses told me it was best to leave.
So if I don't get promoted this year, have to prove myself again at my new place and that will take time. So ya... doesn't help that my new place has many high performers but I have already told myself if no promotion then whatever will be will be la.

If you're a female, I think your timeline and progression should be fine, or faster than others already.

I am guessing that you finished your practicum in 2018?