Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Educator 02-03-2020 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 129518)
Hi, I’m a teacher of 7-8 years at GEO4. I’m considering switching to Flexi-Adjunct as I just can’t take the demands of a language teacher and the time away from family, as I’m too busy setting, marking, planning and prepping, is taking its toll on my emotional and mental health. I’d like to know what’s the range for the salary if I switch? Does anyone know?

Have been doing FAJT for a few years now. FAJTs are hourly rated according to your last drawn grade. Becos the availability of FAJTs are dependent on school needs,it is not so stable. Personally I have to switch schools when my services no longer needed. Overall monthly pay has dropped by half and considering you are not paid during June,Nov and Dec,the annual pay cut can drop by two-thirds. Do consider very carefully. But there are pros as well as you mentioned above.

Unregistered 03-03-2020 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Educator (Post 129532)
Have been doing FAJT for a few years now. FAJTs are hourly rated according to your last drawn grade. Becos the availability of FAJTs are dependent on school needs,it is not so stable. Personally I have to switch schools when my services no longer needed. Overall monthly pay has dropped by half and considering you are not paid during June,Nov and Dec,the annual pay cut can drop by two-thirds. Do consider very carefully. But there are pros as well as you mentioned above.

May I know what is the hourly rate of a FAJT? For an experienced ex-MOE teacher who has been in the service for about 12 years, teaching EL in primary school. Thank you in advance!

Unregistered 03-03-2020 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 129590)
May I know what is the hourly rate of a FAJT? For an experienced ex-MOE teacher who has been in the service for about 12 years, teaching EL in primary school. Thank you in advance!

What was your subgrade just before you left service? What was your last drawn salary?

Unregistered 03-03-2020 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 129592)
What was your subgrade just before you left service? What was your last drawn salary?

Subgrade GEO4 and last drawn abt 6k.

Unregisterered 03-03-2020 03:36 PM

Will no pay leave affect subsequent promotions and CEP

will taking no pay leave for say 1 year affect subsequent promotions and CEO when officer returns to service?

Unregistered 03-03-2020 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregisterered (Post 129606)
will taking no pay leave for say 1 year affect subsequent promotions and CEO when officer returns to service?

Depending on reasons for your NPL. If it is medical reasons, usually no. But if it’s because you need a break or cannot come with work, then yes.

Unregistered 03-03-2020 09:44 PM

Will no pay leave affect subsequent promotions and CEP

What about for reasons such as childcare or elderly parents?

Unregistered 03-03-2020 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregisterered (Post 129606)

Yes it will affect. If your NPL is more than 1 month.... Even for valid reasons.

Unregistered 03-03-2020 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 129629)
What about for reasons such as childcare or elderly parents?

Yes it will affect. Even for a KP who takes NPL for childcare. Her promotion was delayed..

Unregistered 04-03-2020 07:43 AM

Just curious if anyone applied through open posting for non teaching positions after no pay leave?