Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 18-09-2022 12:30 PM

Will we still get MI in April after this pay adjustment next month

Unregistered 18-09-2022 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230576)
which GEO scale are you currently at?

thank you so much for sharing!

Currently GEO4, coming to 8th year of teaching.

Unregistered 18-09-2022 03:34 PM

Moi stuck at geo3 for 7 yrs

Unregistered 18-09-2022 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230588)

Congrats! for jumping ship and getting 20% more! I'm in my 5th year and have been looking around since last year. Four from my batch already left the service. Can't wait to get out too. I feel like I'm doing a lot of things to fulfil somebody else's KPI, too many initiatives and programmes, a lot of touch and go. Don't even have time to make things more impactful, get dragged to another project already. I pity my students, they don't get my full attention because half the time I'm worried about the never ending projects with multiple KPs that don't benefit my students.

Unregistered 18-09-2022 08:26 PM

Leaving service

Hi all, can I ask, when should I tender/submit my resignation so that I will still be able to get my eoy bonuses?

Unregistered 18-09-2022 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230610)
Hi all, can I ask, when should I tender/submit my resignation so that I will still be able to get my eoy bonuses?

30 nov....

Unregistered 18-09-2022 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230588)

If that’s the case, consider taking up the appointment so that it can aid in your promotion. At the same time, you will also stand out and get a better pb in this competitive sun grade. Of course, there will be trade offs- more meetings, more responsibilities.

Unregistered 18-09-2022 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230610)

if u want to keep your year-end bonus, advisable to tender on 1st working day of new year
base on your date in the resignation letter (say 3 Jan 2023 as 2 Jan is PH due to ang mo new year 1 Jan on a sunday)

Unregistered 18-09-2022 09:25 PM

lol this is interesting...the past few posts just make the upcoming adjustment seem kinda useless or simply not substantial enough...

Unregistered 18-09-2022 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230615)
If that’s the case, consider taking up the appointment so that it can aid in your promotion. At the same time, you will also stand out and get a better pb in this competitive sun grade. Of course, there will be trade offs- more meetings, more responsibilities.

This individual is already capable enough to embark on a different career with 20% increment. Better than taking up KPship. Anyone here would probably make the same choice too.