Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 03-08-2022 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 227207)
Well, if really not going to adjust our salary, please just
let us die heart. Send email to inform us no salary adjustment la. Always keep us waiting...

If you follow the trend in the 2 previous times they raised the pay, it will be made closer to Teacher's Day.

Unregistered 03-08-2022 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 227306)
Not happy just quit :)

Yay such a helpful and productive answer from a teacher who is essentially someone from the top 30% of the cohort.

A lot of people have already done so without your saying it :)

Unregistered 03-08-2022 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 227214)
This is NOT insider information, but given the current high inflation environment, there is definitely going to be some policy tension between helping our salary growth match inflation, as well as trying not to contribute to worsening inflation.

As basic demand and supply goes, increasing people's purchasing power doesn't help to reduce inflation. That's why the govt doesn't give handouts to everyone willy-nilly.

Hence, don't be surprised if the outcome of the salary revision discussions go either way. After all, EOs are not considered to be a low income group that requires income support in trying times. At least not in the same way as OSOs, TSOs and also the lower ends of generic schemes.

i guess that was the decision made back in around 2018 or 2019...?

Unregistered 03-08-2022 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 227325)
i guess that was the decision made back in around 2018 or 2019...?

Not because of inflation. Inflation was very low in 2018.

Unregistered 03-08-2022 11:16 PM

Can I check if you are a newly promoted to the next subgrade, will you get a default C? Or can u get something lower?

Unregistered 04-08-2022 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 227319)
Yay such a helpful and productive answer from a teacher who is essentially someone from the top 30% of the cohort.

A lot of people have already done so without your saying it :)

Wow such wit.

You must be top 5% and earning 5 figures outside!

Unregistered 04-08-2022 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 227336)
Can I check if you are a newly promoted to the next subgrade, will you get a default C? Or can u get something lower?

Probably not. For the panel to grade an officers C- after just getting promoted, it's like admitting they made the wrong decision to promote the officer.

the officer may be adjusting to his/her new role after getting promoted. The school management team should be patient.

Unregistered 04-08-2022 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 227336)

There is no regulation that it has to be a default C. You can be given any performance grade in any year, including a promotion year.

The 'default C' is just a practice adopted by some principals/branch heads to resolve part of the dilemma of needing enough warm bodies to fill up low band C, so the excuse is to "pace the newly promoted officer" or "give them time to adjust to new demands". It is not a HR requirement.

Unregistered 04-08-2022 05:27 PM

Is the survey anonymous?

Unregistered 04-08-2022 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 227390)
Is the survey anonymous?

The survey is not anonymous to the people administering it. However, the data provided to your SLs is supposed to be anonymised. So it depends on how much you trust the process. I have tested it before and it doesn't seem like the SLs knew who wrote certain rather critical pieces of feedback two years ago.