Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 08-06-2017 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 97886)
Just completed my first year in service and successfully completed my probation. Just saw the pay slip today that came out, there was an increment. Was that due to the confirmation?

How much? Increase from how much to how much?

Unregistered 08-06-2017 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 97886)
Just completed my first year in service and successfully completed my probation. Just saw the pay slip today that came out, there was an increment. Was that due to the confirmation?

Being a teacher is good, you get increments yearly and pretty teachers to mingle with.

Unregistered 09-06-2017 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tanghao (Post 97765)
somemore i went to take the IELTS paid $300 and still never get in.

bloody ****, graduated from NUS 8 months ago and I still have no job.

NUS big balls? graduates are everywhere.

this Asian mentally equating academic qualifications to good jobs is appalling. please don't bring such culture to ang mo countries. l love that shops closes at 5pm and i get to switch off my phone after 6pm

Unregistered 10-06-2017 03:37 PM

Hi, are contract untrained teachers awaiting entry into NIE eligible for the July mid year bonus?

Unregistered 10-06-2017 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 97927)
Hi, are contract untrained teachers awaiting entry into NIE eligible for the July mid year bonus?

contract teachers have mid year and end year bonus. no performance bonus or $500 SEP in september

Unregistered 11-06-2017 03:32 PM

May I check with current secondary school teachers. Is it normal to reach school by 7am and leave by 5-530pm. I understand that there is a rule - school dependent - where teachers are officially allowed to leave by 230pm or something.

If you were to leave before 5pm, say 440pm. Isit considered a blacklistable offence?

Unregistered 11-06-2017 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 97938)
May I check with current secondary school teachers. Is it normal to reach school by 7am and leave by 5-530pm. I understand that there is a rule - school dependent - where teachers are officially allowed to leave by 230pm or something.

If you were to leave before 5pm, say 440pm. Isit considered a blacklistable offence?

Yes many Sec sch Teachers reach sch at 7am. Some reach at 7.10am also ok. Can leave school at 12 plus or 1 plus, if you have no lessons. The exact timing is school dependent. My close Colleagues and I leave school at 1pm once a week as we stay past 4.30pm on most other days due to CCA, meetings and committee work.

It is important to leave early (1 plus pm) at least once per week to keep your spirits up and recharge. Usually no one will say anything if you are at least the responsible type of teacher.

Unregistered 12-06-2017 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 97941)
Yes many Sec sch Teachers reach sch at 7am. Some reach at 7.10am also ok. Can leave school at 12 plus or 1 plus, if you have no lessons. The exact timing is school dependent. My close Colleagues and I leave school at 1pm once a week as we stay past 4.30pm on most other days due to CCA, meetings and committee work.

It is important to leave early (1 plus pm) at least once per week to keep your spirits up and recharge. Usually no one will say anything if you are at least the responsible type of teacher.


Woah 1pm - that's really early. Is this generally okay in most schools? Haha, or is your principal a really nice principal :)

Unregistered 12-06-2017 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 97974)
Woah 1pm - that's really early. Is this generally okay in most schools? Haha, or is your principal a really nice principal :)

I think different schools have different cultures. The Teachers in my school leave at 5 to 5.30 on average.

Unregistered 02-07-2017 10:20 PM

Teaching in specialised schools
 
Hi,

Anyone has any idea how is teaching in specialised schools (eg. SOTA, Sports School) like?
How is the workload like as compared to teaching in mainstream schools?

TIA!


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2